Thread: On Hanuman..

Smile On Hanuman..

Namaste,

I recently read in another forum that Shri Hanuman is destined to be the 'brahma' of the next cycle...

I am not sure how authentic this information is.. The person who had stated it did not quote any reference.

Has anyone heard similarly? Is there any other source to know about Shri Hanuman other than pure Ramayanam?

Thanks.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Re: On Hanuman..

Namaste Viraj ji,

I an going through several topics on this forum as suggested to me by experienced users. As there was no reply to this thread, I though of sharing what I know so far.

Shri Hanumanji is among one of the most revered Gods. A lot has been mentioned about Lord's life in Ramayan. I have heard this from a Gyani about Shri Hanumanji that Pujya Hanuman ji attained Moksh (liberation) in the same life and crossed the Sansaar-sagar of life and death. He will never be born again in any form. Bhakts can benefit by doing Bhakti of his Moksh-swaroop and Brahmacharya-swaroop. He is now a Siddh Soul or fully omniscient God or purna paramatma. Mata Sita graced him with her blessings that he will live forever, which is meant for the soul as body is perishable.

Lord Ram, a Gyani Purush,too attained Moksh in the very last birht he took in form of Shri Ram. It is infact not a surprise that Shri Hanuman bhagwaan got Moksh as he constantly received grace from Shri Ramji.

Pranaam.

Namaste follower12,

I like your reply. Thank you for the same.

By the way, I meant all those stotras and mantras for Hanuman ji outside of Ramayana which detail about Shri. Hanumanji. Such as Hanuman Chalisa, Panchamukhi Hanuman Kavacha, Hanuman Ashtottara, etc. One can learn about Hanuman ji in these too, besides Ramayana.

Warm regards,

Viraja

Namaskar,
    I have no knowledge that whether or not Bhagwan Hanuman will become the next Brahma in the next cycle.But I would like to share what I know and I would like to just point out that Lord Hanuman is a Cheeranjeevi which means he is still on Earth at this moment.He hasn't got liberation.There is a story about this that my father once told me,I don't know id it is mentioned in any scripture or not but I would like to share it.

When Shri Ram,Mata Sita and Lashman Ji etc went leaving their bodies to leave for Vaikuntha,Lord Hanuman also was following Shri Ram.Then Lord Shri Ram turned and said to Pawanputra Shri Hanuman," Where are you going Hanuman? ".To this Hanuman Ji replied,"Bhagwan,when my Lord will no longer be in this Earth what will I do here.I will also come along with you." Then Ram ji said,"Hey Pawanputra,this earth requires you and you will stay here till the end of time and will propagate the Ram naam through Bhajans and protect your Bhakts."

Another story I know that when Bhagwan Ram was crowned the King of Ayudha.Then in order to honor his Vanara Sena,he and Mata Sita gave away various Gifts to all the soldiers of the Army.Atlast it was the chance for Hanuman ji to receive his gift.Mata Sita then gave him a very beautiful and precious pearl necklace.Hanuman ji took but then Hanuman ji started to examine the necklace and then to everybodies surprise in the court room started to pluck out all the pearls.To this everyone was surprised and then Vibhisana Ji said,"Hanuman ji this pearl necklace is so expensive and every pearl of it is equal to a whole village and you are plucking out and throwing it away.It is very precious."To this Hanuman ji said,"In which there is no Ram and Sita that thing is worthless for me." To this Vibhisana ji asked,"So,you say in which there is no Ram Sita that thing is worthless then what about your body is there any image of Ram and Sita." Then Hanuman ji tears his chest and shows the entire world that in his heart there is Ram and Sita.Vibhisana and very one started to chant Hanuman ji's name and bowed to him.To this Ram ji Sita Maiya were so impressed that they gave him a boon that he will be a cheeranjeevi and live till the end of time.

So,Hanuman ji is still present.He is somewhere is the Himalayas as a saint.I also read in this forum that he gave a mantra to the tribes to call him when they are in trouble so he is still here.Hanuman ji along with other Cheeranjeevis,will help Lord Kalki,the 10th Avatara of Bhagwan Vishnu to annaliate the evil and again restablish Dharma on earth and then again the Satya Yuga will commence.

That is the only thing I wanted to say.

Siya Var Ram Chandra Ki Jai Pawansut Hanumna Ki Jai

Dhanyavad
    Hari bol

Thank you for this insight, ABA! Truly enjoyable...

Namaste Viraja ji and ABA ji,

It was nice to read the auspicious events of life of Lord Hanuman, Lord Ram and Mata Sita in your post. The best part of Ramayana (or excerpts of it) is that the more you read the more it becomes interesting and likable.

ABA, with due respect, I found some contradictions there. Though, I am not mentioning it here as its not important to point it out but would like to say that from spiritual point of views, Lord Hanuman and Lord Rama attained Moksha. That was their last birth. (The concept of avatar is quite haphazard in our religion, so it is just a debatable aspect.)

Simple logic is that: Why does the Being who has attained the state of Godhood, who can give others the same state will not attain liberation? Spiritual master say that there was no karma left with Lord Rama and Shri Rama soul, so they attained liberation. If even a single karma had remained attached to their soul, they would have taken next birth in Universe. But they burnt all karma with their tapa.

Religious and spiritual viewpoints differs but one we understand the basics of spirituality, I think many things become more clear.

Pranaam.

Quote Originally Posted by follower12 View Post

ABA, with due respect, I found some contradictions there. Though, I am not mentioning it here as its not important to point it out but would like to say that from spiritual point of views, Lord Hanuman and Lord Rama attained Moksha. That was their last birth. (The concept of avatar is quite haphazard in our religion, so it is just a debatable aspect.)
    Namaste Follower12 Ji,
    Please enlighten me on the contradictions you find,I will be happy to know and learn.I am just a learner and like to share what I know.My Father told me that Lord Hanuman is a Cheeranjeevi that is an Immortal and he will live till the end of time.I found a sholka too about the Cheeranjeevis in Indian Mythology.it goes like this-

अश्वत्थामा बलिव्र्यासो हनूमांश्च विभीषण:। कृप: परशुरामश्च सप्तएतै चिरजीविन:॥
    सप्तैतान् संस्मरेन्नित्यं मार्कण्डेयमथाष्टमम्। जीवेद्वर्षशतं सोपि सर्वव्याधिविवर्जित।।

It means that by
    daily remembering these 8 immortals (Ashwatthama, King Bali, Ved Vyasa, Hanuman, Vibhishan, Kripacharya, Parashuram and Rishi Markandaya) one can be free of all problems and live for 100 years.

But I guess by discussing about Hanuman ji is an immortal or whether he attained Moksha we may be discussing something which is not the subject of this thread but I would like the Elders to tell us about this in another thread,may be.

Dhanyavad
    Hari bol

Namaste,

As Viraja ji was discussing about Brahma avataran, I think apart from their physical manifestation, there is a reason why yog focuses on their intrinsic meaning which are associated to us. It has been said by sages that after searching deep into religion, when one wishes to find its real existence, he has to invert his vision inside. So, sometime, I think that "Brahm" is a symbollic representation of Sattva guna (as well as Vishnu & Shiv for Raja & Tama guna respectively). The being whose nature (prakruti) gets purified such that Brahma tattva manifests completely is called Brahma or Brahma avatar.

ABA ji, it was actually a very minute contradiction that can be ignored as it is likewise said in religion too. No mistake on anyone's part as it is basic fundamental on which our religion Hinduism is based i.e., Lord Brahma comes in form of avatar endlessly kalpa after kalpa and one who liberates all still remains within boundary of Sansaar.

As ABA ji wrote in last post that it might be going off the topic, so I think I would study Hinduism more & share the related data whenever I find.

Pranam.

Thread Information