Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should I totally give up on our Hindu religion ?

1. Re: Should I totally give up on our Hindu religion ?

Namaste jaypee,

Quote Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
    ... As a side note, is there anyway that I can contact you and others on here via personal email and keep this positive thoughts on track ?
    If you wish to contact members privately, simply click upon their profile name from which a drop down menu will unfold; There you will find the private message option amongst other.
    8i8

Re: Should I totally give up on our Hindu religion ?

Namaste Jaypee,

This is a hard thread for me to read... I have different circumstances, in that I never married and never had children (my body is 49 now), never managed to get a professional job but for only a few short months, and have been homeless on two occasions. Right now, I am dealing with another big change in my direction of work. I'm surrounded by people who are unaware and adharmic in their behaviors, which I did not see coming. True, there are a few gems, but even then, most of these gems are pretty rough and need work before they can begin to be polished. I am considering leaving the renaissance faire life to find something else (if not working as a seamstress for someone in the faires) through friendship and mentoring at a mandir this summer. I'd love to see if I could work with fellow Sanātanis who have different work ethics and perspectives on culture.

I feel starved for contact with fellow Sanātanis. Just the other day after getting off work, I was at the grocery store on the way home, and there was I believe to be a Sanātani (because of the blouse she was wearing, her body, and her jewelry appeared to be 22K red or 18K rose gold and the style it was made in. I SO wanted to say hello and find out where she went to Temple, as her location at the store is far from any temple that I know of, at least 45 minutes in any direction, but she was on the phone. I have to wait until the month is over, and then I go to Conroe and connect with the mandir in the area. I have to continue my readings and stay on track.

You have a different situation in that you have worked hard to build this up, and then this happens. You have more to lose than I do. I hope that things work out in some way for you. I hope for more auspicious times for you.

Praṇāma

namaste

Quote Originally Posted by Mana View Post
    Namaste Sahasranama,

Simply divine; thank you for posting.
    Definitely, considering that the actor and the playback singer are/were both muslims! Sweet.
    satay

Jaypee you can send me a message anytime via the forum. This was as I suspected when I first read your post, that the real crux of the issue is when those in family do not show respect for God by forgetting their elders. In my Hinduism, Family is very important. You know, I may have mentioned my Mother-In-Law who initially was thought to have cancer, but by the prayers of fellow Hindus and the Grace of Uma Parvati, yesterday we found out it was benign (not cancer) even though the doctor as much had written her off as dead. At no moment would we not be at her side, she is the Mother of all the Family (her husband left the world a long time ago). So it should be for you, and I in part see a lesson in the Ramayana that speaks for you as well.

You never know what can happen next, again my gut feels you need to leave where you are to a better "zone" or culture if you will that respects those at your stage in life. It may not even be that far away. Put a seat ready for Hanuman in your place, an empty seat at first, and wait if the answer comes. My prayers are with you. May I ask, where do you live? You can I'M message me if you are shy. I think you need to leave that place, but that is only me talking and feeling sad.

5. Re: Should I totally give up on our Hindu religion ?

Namaste satay

Oh I have no idea of his bias; it all seems to lose sense when you put it into boxes with labels on; to me any how. A good singers affiliation and package does little to sway my musical tastes; rather that I listen to heavenly music before examining the mundane, it is all in the subtle rhythms and phrasing above and before what is said (I did not understand the lyrics). Perhaps the post had an undertone that I missed, some finer details perhaps; I genuinely enjoyed listening to it and thought it to be an honest offering with genuine good intention; I enjoyed listening very much, thus my response.
    I know little of Oriental music; other than the appeal its scales hold for me; I find them beautiful.

Kind regards.
    8i8

namaste,
    No, the post was not meant to be ironic. The playback singer and the actor in the scene are both well respected in India with millions of fans all around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Mana View Post
    Namaste satay

Oh I have no idea of his bias; it all seems to lose sense when you put it into boxes with labels on; to me any how. A good singers affiliation and package does little to sway my musical tastes; rather that I listen to heavenly music before examining the mundane, it is all in the subtle rhythms and phrasing above and before what is said (I did not understand the lyrics). Perhaps the post had an undertone that I missed, some finer details perhaps; I genuinely enjoyed listening to it and thought it to be an honest offering with genuine good intention; I enjoyed listening very much, thus my response.
    I know little of Oriental music; other than the appeal its scales hold for me; I find them beautiful.

Kind regards.
    satay

namaste,

I was going to post along the same lines but Avyaydya you beat me to it.

Bad things happen to Good people all the time.

One thing I would like to add to what has already been said here is the concept of rnanubandan. Everyone we come into contact with (even online here), we are bound to make some sort of bandan (tie) with them. This tie is anu i.e. atomic size in nature and the rn or debt or karma is created thus. When we help someone it is either due to previous rn that have of them or they have of us or we just created a new bandan with them and so the wheel of karma keeps going and keeps us bound. The instruction to get out of the chakra is given in BG.

Just act, perform your dharma and don't think about the fruits. The fruits are not in your hands. Drop all religion and surrender to me.

Can it be more clear than that?
    satay

Hello,
    " WHY DO BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE ? "

I would have to say that it is the same reason good things happen to bad people. I will not lecture you on Karma, past lives or anything like that. However something very similar happened to me and I can imagine how you feel because I know how I felt. Do not forsake god. god may bless you more than you were before. There was a man named Job who had much and lost it all. His friends told him to curse God and be done with it but he did not lose faith and eventually got back more than he lost.

I pray things get better for you.
    In whatever way people surrender unto me, I reciprocate with them accordingly.

namaste,
    Who is Job? I should think that cursing God is a foreign idea to most hindus. I suppose you are answering from foreign religion's point of view. ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Soul View Post
    Hello,
    There was a man named Job who had much and lost it all. His friends told him to curse God and be done with it but he did not lose faith and eventually got back more than he lost.

I pray things get better for you.
    satay

namaste,

A couple of things, First, referring to the statement about Praising the Lord, I think that term Lord is a foreign term for us Hindus. There were no Lords in India. That term is a european non-vedic term.

Secondly, God does come down but we don't notice it. He works through us to help and feed others. When you were in Africa helping the poor, he was working through you.

Don't lose faith in the system he has setup, the karmic cycle. What goes around must eventually come around.

Quote Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
    Namaste And Jai Hanuman !,

Thank You everyone for all the valuable input, it's greatly appreciated !. Pranam, no this has nothing to do with money, do I pray and help others unconditionally only when I have money, the answer is NO !. For example, I was in a very bad situation last year and although we lost everything that we had earned in last 30+ years, we were committed to building a water well in Africa and I raised enough money with friends and my own family that we completed the project !. This has nothing to do with money, we praise the lord in any condition that we have to live in. The point that I made is that it's very discouraging if you go for two years with problems at every corner and you feel that everything that you have worked for in last 30+ years in slipping away fast, and NO I am not talking about money, but rather peace and happiness. Yes money cannot buy you happiness, but if you were in my shoes at this age and you have to extend your hand to your child for a dollar, well that hurts !. In this situation, no matter how devoted you are, you lose faith, not only in God but everyone around you as you feel helpless and lonely. At my age, I cannot even get a job at Walmart ! and I am trying to find any kind of job so I can have few dollars to buy gas and food.. and I am too proud to ask anyone for help, and that is the reality. Now I know how the homeless guy on the street asking for a dollar feels, it's easy to criticize him for not getting a job but only he knows the pain and suffering that he has been through to be in this position, the God won't come down and feed him, he has to do whatever he can to feed himself.

Namaste !
    satay

Thread Information