Thread: Remembering GOD during course of day. Being in HIS awareness during course of day

Remembering GOD during course of day. Being in HIS awareness during course of day

Namaste

Hari Om

There are several techniques available in public domain for a sadhak to practice. For a householder, these essentially translate to practising them in mornings, when most of his/her life's activities have not commenced. IMHO the ultimate goal of any of these practice is to make oneself aware that HE is the real doer, and not 'i'.

However, in my experience, while during the course of sadhana one somehow "feels" this effect, once daily life activities start, under powerful influence of Maya, one tends to forget (rather forgetfulness dawns). Under this spell of forgetfulness, life continues just as in the past (without any reference to teachings that one practices). Only when one retires for the night, one realizes (and sometimes regrets coupled with a tinge of humility) how "inconsequential" ones efforts were in this journey.

It would be kind to share your thoughts on how to make HIS awareness continue on throughout the day. How does one LISTEN to HIM throughout the day? Is it too lofty a goal to achieve in this mad pace of Maya?

Om Namah Shivay

Re: Remembering GOD during course of day. Being in HIS awareness during course of day

Vannakkam: I don't believe it's necessary. We have dharma to perform, and some of that is placing awareness on the task at hand, not on God. Can you imagine a surgeon with his awareness on God instead of on his scalpel. I sure wouldn't want him being my surgeon. No amount of mental japa is going to get him to cut straight. He needs to do what he was trained to do.

Later ... both in the later stages of this particular lifetime, and in later stages of the soul's evolution ... then it IS our dharma to focus more on God. So until that, keep the connection going, daily sadhana, weekly visits to temple, little breaks, food blessings before eating, that kind of thing.

I once worked with a young man (not a Hindu) who was trying to stay focused on God all through the day. He was atrocious at his job. The rest of us were constantly covering for him, and to this day I have no idea why he wasn't fired for his inadequate work skills.

Aum namasivaya

Re: Remembering GOD during course of day. Being in HIS awareness during course of day

Namaste EM-ji

Hari Om

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam: I don't believe it's necessary. We have dharma to perform, and some of that is placing awareness on the task at hand, not on God.
    I appreciate your point. Thank you. Incidentally, I chanced to locate another post in HDF (http://hindudharmaforums.com/showthr...20-Remembering) which clarified quite well.

Om Namah Shivay

Namaste

If one is a conscientious person and hence a conscientious worker who can get quite engrossed in the work --- This includes working alone quietly and meetings and interactions with co-workers --- Despite this there is this involuntary silent awareness that Deva is just there. There is no shift of focus. We are not two seperate beings, We are One and yet there He is. This is work-samAdhI.
    The only way to mess up work is by not being conscientious. How can you not be? Will you be able to look your IshTa straight in the eye? Will you be able to live with yourself justifying "focus on God" ? Would that be real worship or bhakti? The intermitent gaps are when you are subconsciously interacting with Him more. Commuting to work. Do you travel an hour to go to work? Next time do not think those people who live ten minutes away are lucky. No. You are! because you get aaalllll that quality time with Priyatam.

|| Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Namaste Smaranam-ji

Hari Om

Thank you so much for your beautiful response. It conveyed message of remembering HIM "through work" quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by smaranam View Post

• The only way to mess up work is by not being conscientious. Will you be able to live with yourself justifying "focus on God" ? Would that be real worship or bhakti?

• Despite this there is this involuntary silent awareness that Deva is just there. There is no shift of focus. We are not two seperate beings, We are One and yet there He is. This is work-samAdhI.

• The intermitent gaps are when you are subconsciously interacting with Him more. Commuting to work. Do you travel an hour to go to work? Next time do not think those people who live ten minutes away are lucky. No. You are! because you get aaalllll that quality time with Priyatam.

Om Namah Shivay

Thread Information