Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hatha Yoga and You

Re: Hatha Yoga and You

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

Please be very careful. I do ONLY the basic stuff for joints and muscles everyday. Few weeks back standing up, I bent my knees and lowered myself, as if to do a squat, and I pulled something in my knee. Needless to say, the pain kept me off any exercises/long walks for four weeks. At our age, just the basic is all we can do and all that is needed to keep the old bodies functional.

Pranam.
    That is very true, and I am careful. It's also why I won't go to a yoga class. My last experience with a yoga teacher did that. I explained my shoulder injury, and how I did it. He suggested a posture, which I did, and then he came and pulled on my shoulder, which was exactly the same motion as to how I'd injured it. So he re-aggravated it. Nice! (sarcasm)

But yes, you and I could have a competition as to who has the most injuries.

For Kirran: This shoulder injury is what happens when you go too far forward with an arm, (think follow through in a cricket swing... too much follow-through.) So the MRI showed a small tear, but under a bone, so not easily accessible via the knife, and also relatively minor. My exercises now involve doing the opposite, like putting the shoulders back, or clasping hands behind my back. Still, the real key, I think is not to re-aggravate.

I also have knee, elbow, and sole problems, or bruises. But hey, it's karma.

Still, since Tamil New Year and my vow to do a routine at least 30 minutes a day, I do feel better ... more flexible, better sleep too I think.

Aum Namasivaya

Re: Hatha Yoga and You

नमस्ते,

हठ योग मुझे यहाँ पहली बार लाया था इसलिए मैं इसमें झंकार करना चाहता था!

मैंने अयंगर स्कूल में एक शिक्षक से सीखना शुरू नहीं किया, लेकिन लगभग 3 साल पहले मैंने अयंगर स्कूल में अपना रास्ता खोज लिया। भले ही हम कक्षाओं में सीखते हैं कि प्रत्येक छात्र को वह मिल सकता है जिसकी उसे आवश्यकता है। कक्षाएं आदर्श रूप से केवल आपकी स्वयं की प्रैक्टिस विकसित करने में मदद करने के लिए हैं। मेरे शिक्षक मुझे निर्देश देते हैं और प्रेरित करते हैं। कभी-कभी उसे हमसे दूर एक हफ़्ते गुज़ारने पड़ते हैं। जब वह वापस आती है तो ऐसा महसूस होता है कि वह वास्तव में हमारे व्यवहारों के बारे में बताती है।

प्रमाणित आयंगर शिक्षकों में एक अविश्वसनीय रूप से गहन प्रशिक्षण है। मैं शिक्षकों के लिए एक गिनी-पिग छात्र रहा हूं, जिसका प्रमाणन के लिए मूल्यांकन किया जा रहा है और जो मैंने देखा है उससे मैं वास्तव में प्रभावित हुआ हूं।

इसलिए यदि आप कक्षाओं को आज़माने के इच्छुक हैं तो शायद यह बहुत मददगार साबित होगा।

3. Re: Hatha Yoga and You

sounds good. You also might want to engage an aryuvedic healer. Arthritis is a condition that does tend to respond well to supplements. I used to work at a health food store. A bass player for Yoko Ono came by. He had arthritis in his hands, making playing difficult. He came from behind the Iron Curtain. Horrible diet. Tons of meat, rarely any vegetables. We got him on a clean diet...and my boss, a natropath, got him on burdock root. He did really well.

So, with arthritis, in addition to the movement therapy provided by Hatha Yoga, you really might want to get a comprehensive diet plan from some natural health professional, like a Holistic MD or an oseteopath.

In combination with the movement therapy, should help some more..

Thread Information