Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Satyanarayana Pooja

Satyanarayana Pooja

Namaste,

I usually do Satyanarayana Pooja in the evenings on Pournami tithi. Yesterday (06/01/15) I unfortunately missed it.

1. If you miss Satyanarayana Pooja on Pournami night, if the tithi (Pournami) carries on to the next day, is it ok to do it on the daytime to compensate? This is because I have been doing it continuously and don't want the continuity to be missed.

2. Is it ok to do Satyanarayana Pooja on other tithis as well? (Like Prathama, etc)... If so, which tithis or days are auspicious for it?

Thank you.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Re: Satyanarayana Pooja

Vannakkam: The wiki article mentions a couple of days when it shouldn't be done.

I've heard of this puja so often, yet really never understood it, so I actually got not-lazy and read some about it. Has to be one of the most popular pujas in the Vaishnava community. Sorry I had no answers, but I'm sure the internet or somebody else will.

Aum Namasivaya

No problem, EM ji! Thank you for the kind help.

delete
    Last edited by Ram11; 03 June 2015 at 07:48 PM.
    He dances in the golden hall of Chidambaram, Let us worship His rosy anklet girt Feet.

Namaste Ram ji,

Yes you are right. SVs never do Satyanarayana Pooja or any puja for that matter as their policy is to take Sharanagathi and endure things as they are (or so I heard). But I never considered myself a proper SV inspite of trying to become one, because my inability to give up worship of certain devatas outside of Vaishnavam. Also I am doing Satyanarayana Pooja for 'Kamyartham' (benefits). Someone in my close relation suffers from very chronic health ailments and I would love the feeling of doing something extra for him in order to ask for the Lord's mercy in a quick recovery! :-)

Vannakkam: Now, that makes sense to me. Thanks.

Aum Namasivaya

delete
    He dances in the golden hall of Chidambaram, Let us worship His rosy anklet girt Feet.

Namaste Ram ji,

Thank you for your honest opinion. While I find those truly taken to the path of Sri Vaishnavam omitting praying for 'kamyartham' admirable, it does take a lot of 'Vairagya' (dispassion) to be one that it is very hard to many ordinary folks! Once I was truly interested in the concept of Sharanagathi, but found that I may not be a mature devotee to pursue that! Yes, I too find that not praying atleast for some desires to be rewarded is very, very hard indeed, and doubt seriously if others follow what they say, when they say that they never asked anything of god!

delete

satyanarayana swamy vrata is a recently introduced phenomenon and this is NOT mentioned by Sri Maha Vishnu anywhere. This vratam is condemned by any vaishnavite and not doing this vrata is better than doing this false pratice, so that it could die eventually and just because you do vrata, you will be protected it does not work like that et all. Srimannarayana alone possesses unbridled independence and even if one does 1000's of good activities, he could be denied by Vishnu.........so that is why generally sri vaishnavite take the help of an acharyas and Sri Lakshmi devi to reduce the nArayaNa's independence!

Thread Information