Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: vegetarianism

Re: vegetarianism

Om Shanti,
    Oh my God!!!!!! That second video was absolutely HORRIBLE! I had no idea that even the milk cows were mistreated. So what about icecream and butter?

I think you did the right thing by posting the YouTube links. There are those who can't see the wrong in eating meat because they don't actually see the brutality and killing. But even after seeing the truth it is not that easy to just stop eating animals and animal products.

However, it was that easy for me. I don't know why but one day I remembered a saying that went something like this, " all behavior is learned behavior". I realized that I was taught to eat meat so I could teach myself to be a vegetarian. Besides meat doesn't even taste good. It's the seasonings that give it the taste. Also, without the seasonings it smells bad.

I have met many people who have said that they can't live without eating meat, they can't stop eating meat, they have to have meat, etc. My response, maybe. As intelligent beings we can do anything that we put our minds to. Someone once said, "think that you can or think that you can't either way you will be right".

Om Shanti,
    Hiwaunis

Namaste Hiwaunis,

Quote Originally Posted by Hiwaunis View Post
    " all behavior is learned behavior". I realized that I was taught to eat meat so I could teach myself to be a vegetarian.
    Someone once said, "think that you can or think that you can't either way you will be right".
    Well said !

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Om Shanti,
    Oh my God!!!!!! That second video was absolutely HORRIBLE! I had no idea that even the milk cows were mistreated. So what about icecream and butter?
    Yes and what about ghee we use in havan or as dipa? I must admit that it is only recently that i switched to ecological produced butter.

I think you did the right thing by posting the YouTube links. There are those who can't see the wrong in eating meat because they don't actually see the brutality and killing. But even after seeing the truth it is not that easy to just stop eating animals and animal products.
    Thats why i wrote that at least in western countries, the ethical issue is not so much about being a vegeterian, but first of all off trying to avoid industrial produced animal products, as far as possible.

For india and other countries who do not have such an extensive and cruel industrial meat production than the one that exists in the western countries, the issue would be to make shure that these torture chambers, and the underlying ideology of greed are not exported and introduced in their countries and if this is already underway people should act against it, while this is still possible,actually i have little hope and i guess when the idea that there are only two varnas, one consisting of those that have money and the other of those that don´t have money, and nothing else than having money and power will be respected, if that mentality is fully established also industrial meat production will begin.

MahaHrada

Quote Originally Posted by MahaHrada View Post
    Yes and what about ghee we use in havan or as dipa? I must admit that it is only recently that i switched to ecological produced butter.

Thats why i wrote that at least in western countries, the ethical issue is not so much about being a vegeterian, but first of all off trying to avoid industrial produced animal products, as far as possible.

For india and other countries who do not have such an extensive and cruel industrial meat production than the one that exists in the western countries, the issue would be to make shure that these torture chambers, and the underlying ideology of greed are not exported and introduced in their countries and if this is already underway people should act against it, while this is still possible,actually i have little hope and i guess when the idea that there are only two varnas, one consisting of those that have money and the other of those that donīt have money, and nothing else than having money and power will be respected, if that mentality is fully established also industrial meat production will begin.

MahaHrada
    Om Shanti,
    Let's not loose our faith. Let's keep our hopes high. Many people are becoming vegetarians just because it compliments their spiritual practice. We also have the Masters of the past and present on our side. This is just another phase in the cycle. This too will pass.

There may be a small amount of people with a lot of money, but there is a large amount of intelligent people with some money and good credit. Don't count them out. They are tired of being lied to and manipulated. The truth is brighter than the sun. Eventually, all will see it.

Om Shanti,
    Hiwaunis

Foodscape: the height of food art

These days it is a fashion to display in wedding receptions art figures carved out of vegetables and a Ganesha image made of a large piece of ice. Check this link for the height of creativity with food art by the photographer Carl Warner:

http://www.thethinkingblog.com/2008/...st-frenzy.html

Sorry guys, I am new to this forum and i think i am lost here. Can anybody tell me what we are discussing right now? I mean what is vegetarianism? I am a vegetarian by the way

Thread Information