Hi all! My name is Jonathan.

I was wondering if any of you wonderful folks on here would be willing to help me with a project I'm working on.

I'm in the middle of working on a book. It is part autobiography and part motivational handbook. As part of the book, I express a view that the majority of the world's religions share at least one thing in common, and that is the view that life is short--that humans are temporary, and that all you really have is time, and that chasing material wealth is a waste of your life.

I'm looking for a verse in the Hindu scriptures that supports this view. Let me give you an example of what I already have.

For Judaism I'm using a verse from the book of Psalms:

Show me, O LORD, my life's end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting is my life. You have made my days a mere handbreath; the span of my years is as nothing before you. Each man's life is but a breath. Man is a mere phantom as he goes to and fro: He bustles about, but only in vain; he heaps up wealth, not knowing who will get it. - Psalm 39:4-6

For Christianity I'm using a verse from the book of James:

Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on and make money. Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. - James 4:13-14

And here is the current verse I'm using from the Qur'an.

Know that the worldly life is only a game, a temporary attraction, a means of boastfulness among yourselves and a place for multiplying your wealth and children. It is like the rain which produces plants that are attractive to the unbelievers. These plants flourish, turn yellow, and then become crushed bits of straw.... The worldly life is only an illusion. Chapter (57) sūrat l-ḥadīd (The Iron)

I was wondering if anyone out there would be willing to help me by finding me a verse or verses in the Hindu scriptures that support the same basic viewpoint. I'm 98% certain that they are out there, I just don't know how to go about finding them. Any help you folks could give me would be appreciated.