Thread: Discomfort

Unhappy Discomfort

Namaste HDF...

I don't know if "departure" threads are allowed here anymore. But I at least want to say why I'm taking a break from this forum, maybe even leaving it permanently.

Everything on here seems to be charged with negativity nowadays. Whether it's negativity about politics, philosophy, identities or even belief, discussions seem to be turning to points where I don't feel comfortable going to now more than ever. I know discomfort is part of life. I know I need to be challenged and made aware of the evils of the world around me. But I also need to protect myself.

Maybe there will be one day when I can confront serious issues without wanting to bawl incessantly, lose my mind and/or come out the other end bitter and hostile. But this day isn't it, and I don't think the day will come any faster if I stay here. I don't care if what is said here would be conducive to my spiritual growth - it's definitely endangering my mental health, and I can't do any good to Hinduism or the rest of the world if I'm paralyzed with my mental maladies.

Go ahead and call me a coward if you want. You may have the right to say that to me, but I also have the right not to listen. You can't force me to, at any rate.

Re: Discomfort

~~~~~
    Last edited by smaranam; 20 June 2015 at 06:02 PM.
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Re: Discomfort

Now that I understand what you are saying a little better, it is not HDF that is the problem. Internet meets do not suit your personality. Another example is Facebook.

HDF is a wonderful place, we have seen it withstand storms and hurricanes and grow and continue to shelter those who come together in the name of Hindu Dharma.

There are glories of ekAnta, solitude, but I would not suggest ekAnta for someone like you.

Go out in the fresh air, breathe. Nurture friendships, make and keep like-minded friends at the Temple close to you. Volunteer at social organizations that help others in any way.

The moment thoughts wander to politics, "world situation" or mundane transient things, know that you have deviated from adhyAtma (spirituality).

When one has a spiritual interest, all these things fall off, become mundane, and especially if they bring your morale down, there is no point in thinking about them since one in that situation cannot help the world in any case -- so fasten your own seatbelt.

Like you said, yes, protect yourself .... but you cannot do that by yourself. Take the shelter of BhagavAn's Lotus Feet. Parameshwar, BhagavAn, VidhAtA, Parabramhan, ParamAtmA Vibhu Prabhu Patita-pAvana karuNAnidhI JanArdana iti shabdate.
    Last edited by smaranam; 20 June 2015 at 11:50 AM.
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Thread Information