Thread: Stuck here

Stuck here

Namskāra everyone,

I'm not exactly sure that this is a thread where I can relax... I'm down here on a friend's property for the summer as I had thought, but I'm not working. I have to be working, and things are not moving along as fast as I want it to, and the state is after me for money I haven't been able to pay back for nearly 15 years. I'm getting depressed and stressed out. Why is it that Sanātanis here in the US are successful, but I am not? How come I can't do the things they can do, be a doctor, a president of a tech company, an engineer, a mother/grandmother? It's like I'm forever stuck in a child's position... What did I do to deserve a "red neck" fate, even though I'm not a red neck?? My whole life has been like this, struggling from one job to the next, hating the jobs with a black passion. I've never found what I wanted to do. I'm just frozen in inaction, depressed, scared, dismayed, disappointed.

Praṇāma...

Re: Stuck here

Namaste Deaf Ancient,

I sincerely hope your situation improves. I just thought I would say that if your frozen in inaction, depressed, scared, dismayed, disappointed, then measuring yourself against others will not help. Maybe others on the outside are a success and so they maybe, but who knows whats happening on the inside. Please do not self hate, it leads nowhere.

Md

Re: Stuck here

namaskaram prabhu ji

my life has not been easy either I had many dissapointments , I can understand what you say about feeling frozen to the point of inaction , ...., but some good has come from this for me , ....I did have a very bad time when I wondered why all the bad things happened around me , and I felt powerless and confused , ....but this situation also did me a big favor , some times in our lives realy bad things happen to us and we watch everyone else getting along so nicely and we ask why is all this bad stuff happening to me ? ... but then I realised something very valuable , one day I read part of a translation to a Narasimha prayer where we are asking Narasimha to cut our material ties so that we are free to serve him , ....

part of the prayer says ''cut cut , kill kill , ever fulfill , ever fulfill all my desires to serve you'' , ....the lord will do this , when he thinks we are ready he will cut our material ties , he will chalenge us to reasess our values , to understand what is truely important in life , ...all the things you see others enjoying , material sucess , good position in society , ...ok this is very good for the material life but it can also be a distraction spiritualy , ....if the lord if giving you a hard time now it may not be because you are a bad person or any fear like this , it may be because he wants to show you that it is not nececary to have all these material things , ....or even to want them , prehaps he wants you to understand the illusion , prehaps he wants you to come closer to him , ...this happened to me I used to be sarrounded by very material people and freinds who were great when all was good , I had a nice busuness but one of my staff stole from me and caused me to loose a good customer and to have to pay off many debts , ...when my money ran out and I was in difficulties all my freinds dissapeared , ..it can feel very hard and very unfair , but because of this suffering I became more deeply reliant upon my faith , I am Vaisnava , ....so I just put more of my self into my sadhana , ....now many years later I am still very poor financialy , but in real terms I am rich , I can seperate work life from what realy matters and I am so much better equiped to deal with the small problems of life , these are just temporary things , what realy matters is your sadhana , please do not be scared , this is just a time when you need to take some shelter of the supreme lord , ...he will help you to see the true perspective of life this will help you not to feel stressed and to know how best to act in your situation , there is allways a way so please do not worry , ....

please let us talk about whach tradition you belong to within Sanatana Dharma then we can find the right support for you , ...for me chanting is very helpfull to re focus my mind .

blessings to you

namaskaram

Ratikala

Thread Information