Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lord Krishna

Lord Krishna

Namaste,
    I wanted to share something.It is a little long but please bare with me.So,One day I had my exams as always I was in a hurry to reach the exam hall and I and my friend went out of our PG early as both of our exam centers were far from where we stayed.I and he went together till the station and then we went our own directions as both of us had different centers.I boarded my local train but it was a little late but I got to the stoppage from where I had to take auto.I got the auto but as we know they have to take atleast four passengers then only they start the journey.I was the one in the auto and other an aged person.I was sitting in the auto and the minutes passed the driver wasn't getting passengers to the route we were to go.I was worried if I could reach the Center on time.I was in a panic but then I remembered a story I read in this forum.I remembered that Lord Krishna only comes to rescue of his devotees when they call him.I closed my eyes and asked him to please get some passengers so that I can reach my exam hall.And you know what happened in a minute or so we got two passengers and I reached my exam hall.

That was an experience I had that made my belief in him more strong.Nowadays many times I find myself looking and talking at his picture as if I am talking to a friend of mine and tell him what I am feeling.My love for the Lord started when my dearest friend presented me a Bhagvad Geeta.He has great knowledge about Geeta and always enlightens me whenever I'm in need.He is like Krishna to me and I'm his Arjuna,but that's another story.So,in this way it all started.I am experiencing this from a while now.Lord Krishna attracts me towards himself.I don't know but when I think of him I feel like I am in different world,it soothes me.I want to always be in his feet but many times it had happened to me that I forget about him and get distracted to other things in this material world.I don't know what can I do to make myself consistent in his Bhakti because whenever I think about him I always feel good,my tears come out themselves.So,What is this according to you?

Please suggest me how I can avoid getting distracted and way from my Lord.Please show me the direction,the path towards his Bhakti.It will be of great help.

Hare Krishna

Dhanyavad
    Hari bol

Re: Lord Krishna

Namaste Abhishek

Quote Originally Posted by Abhishek Born Again View Post
    Please suggest me how I can avoid getting distracted and way from my Lord.Please show me the direction,the path towards his Bhakti.
    by first understanding that Shri KRshNa is always with you.
    He was with you then and is with you now. First you will have to realize or become aware of His presence with you. (I am not talking about any philosophy - like in you or within/without).
    Then you will always know something that you did not -- that KRshNa is there.

Getting distracted is a result of being in this world for too long. By habit. You may have attachments to people and things in this world which have to go eventually (be detached) , and you have to be one-pointed on Shyam for Shyam to be yours.
    However, as your awareness strengthens, you will know and acknowledge KRshNa's presence even when you are talking to a classmate , teacher, buying something from a shop, walking to a location or being a part of a family gathering. You can be there for all these people but no one knows your sweet secret - that sweet awareness of KAnhA as He accompanies you everywhere.

Talk to GhanashyAm, not just His picture. If your love is true, and you sincerely yearn for Him, not the world, He will reciprocate. It will be a conversation.

Slowly, you will realize Who and What MAdhava Mukunda GhanashyAm is. However that is a later stage. For now, revel in this sweetness ~

Shri KRshNa Govinda Hare MurAre He NAtha NArAyaNa VAsudeva ~
    Last edited by smaranam; 04 July 2015 at 10:13 PM.
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Quote Originally Posted by smaranam View Post

Getting distracted is a result of being in this world for too long. By habit. You may have attachments to people and things in this world which have to go eventually (be detached) , and you have to be one-pointed on Shyam for Shyam to be yours.

Namaste Smaranam ji,

Thank you very much for your kind reply .I just wanted to say that you here talked about the attachments to this world but nowadays after reading the Geeta (Not full but to an extent ) I also feel like I don't need anything like new things or new devices or gadgets or anything.I am satisfied with what I have and think that until I've done anything to earn that prize it is not worth it.Also after doing any work,I nowadays don't attach myself with the result of it.Like what will happen,will it be successful or not.And I am really know following Shri Hari Krishna's mantra that our right is to work only, but never with its fruits.But I get distracted because of work or study when I am busy and don't get the time to connect with my Lord.How can I overcome that? And also I mostly like to be alone with no one around this helps me to connect to him.

Mukunda Madhav Govind Bol Keshav Madhav hari Hari Bol

Dhanyavad

Hari bol

Namaste Abhishek
    It is good to hear all these things -- that you are practicing karma yoga for KRshNa. You are dedicating everything to Him.

Quote Originally Posted by Abhishek Born Again View Post
    But I get distracted because of work or study when I am busy and don't get the time to connect with my Lord.How can I overcome that? And also I mostly like to be alone with no one around this helps me to connect to him.
    This is natural. 2 things
    1. If you are mentioning karma yoga, then by concentrating on work or study you are pleasing KRshNa. He does not want to do your work half-heartedly. You must know the story of Narad Muni? How KRshNa taught Him a lesson : A farmer worked hard all day, was kind to guests, selfless, but only remembered KRshNa when He woke up and was going to sleep at night. KRshNa gave NaradMuni a pot filled with oil to the brim and asked him to walk around. Narad Muni could not think of the Lord for even a second during this time.

2. This is precisely why I mentioned you have to realize KRshNa is always with you now. If you want Him to take care of you, be your Divine Companion, then you have to realize His presence with you as perpetual. If that is hard, then chant His Holy Names. Just chant in your mind.
    Do you forget that you have eyes and hands and a brain when you work? Similarly you won't be able to forget KRshNa is walking with you, is beside you in your classroom, lab, workplace, home, if you are a guest somewhere He will go there with you.

This is the stage I was talking about when you can get completely engrossed in work with a substratum awareness of Him.

That will however take time, as each devotee is in their own situation. So please be patient. However, at this point you will not feel that you have to be alone with Him to interact with Him thru' the mind - antahkaraN. You can do that completely unknown to others around you. You will come to that stage trust me.

At other times, on your holiday, or when you have time, you can engage in this shAstra-prescribed navadha bhakti :
    shravaNam kIrtanam vishNoh
    smaraNam vandanam
    archanam
    dAsyam sakhyam Atma-nivedanam

Any of these 9 limbs of bhakti (see Bhagvat Canto 7, Pralhad's teachings)
    Most important in the beginning are the first three

shravaNam kirtanam vishNoh, smaraNam
    i.e.
    Associate with saints, bhAgvats, devotees
    Hear KRshNa kathA (BG, bhagvat) from them
    chant Holy Names and discuss KRshNa katha
    Remember Him at all times.

However I feel you can balance the devotee association with your ekAnta (solitude with Him). Also I would not recommend archana (you are engaged with Him in person, so archana (formal puja) is not necessary, nor will you have time in your lifestyle I think).

By turning your life into KRshNamay events, you will always be aware of KrshNa when you work. KRshNa will not want you to give that up or work half-heartedly unless He tells you "drop everything and come with Me" in which case if you do, that is KRshNa Consciousness, but generally, no -- He will not disturb your position in the world that way. You are young and have a life ahead.

Last edited by smaranam; 15 July 2015 at 10:18 PM.

Thank you for such information Smaranam Ji and for your kind words.I believe it will prove to be good for me and I shall surely have a look at your Blog.And as you said I chant his name in my mind and it feels great.Thank you for your time Sir.

Dhanyavad
    Hari bol

Bhagvad Gita Chapter 12 : Bhakti Yog : verses 2, 8 to 12

BG 12.2 Those who worship My Personal Form are most perfect acc. to Me

BG 12.8 mayyeva mana Adhatsva mayI buddhI niveshaya |
    nivasishyasi mayyeva ata Urdhva na sauMshayah: ||
    Engage, rather place your mind in Me. Establish your intellect (buddhi) on,in,at Me. This way you will remain in ME, no doubt [read as: irrespective of where you are and what you are doing].
    ----> This is smaraNam.

Further, bg 12.9-12

If this spontaneous yoga is not possible, then "abhyAsa-yogena" , attain Me with conscious spiritual practice -- follow vidhi - practice vaidhi navadha bhakti as told in shastra -- -do that as a niyam - a discipline even if it does not come naturally to you.

If this is hard, simply work for Me only. (this can mean dedicating life to bhagvad prasAr among other things)

If this is hard, then practice nishkAm karma and karma-phala-tyAga : sacrifice the desire for fruits and offer all fruits of work to Me -- "Shri
    KRshNArpaNamastu"

[Nishkaam karma leads to jnAna] however, better than spiritual sAdhanA practice done without understanding is jnAna - knowledge of ME. Betther than jnAna is dhyAna -- meditating on My 'svarUpa' -- My transcendental form.
    Better than dhyAna on Me is karma-phala-tyAga -- renunciation of fruits of actions.

Here when KrshNa says "better" or "adhik shreyaskar" it means that which brings you more "shreyas" i.e. that which is easily and naturally attainable --

tip from Gita Press: Although karma-phala-tyAga is also not that easy -- it is all inclusive -- because only the one full of bhagvad-prem will be able to work for Him or on His order (
    AdnyA) and sacrifice the fruits for Him.

terA tuzko arpaN kyA lAge merA?
    om jaya jagadeesha hare.
    Last edited by smaranam; 05 July 2015 at 09:51 AM. Reason: added comment on karma-phala-tyAga

Quote Originally Posted by smaranam View Post

If this is hard, then practice nishkAm karma and karma-phala-tyAga : sacrifice the desire for fruits and offer all fruits of work to Me -- "Shri
    KRshNArpaNamastu"

Better than dhyAna on Me is karma-phala-tyAga -- renunciation of fruits of actions.

n
    I am following this Smaranam Ji, I am practicing it as Shri Krishna has said that if you attach yourself with the result then if it is successful you are bound to the happiness you get but if you fail then you get bound to the disappointment.So,I am practicing this and as he said that only doing the Karma is our duty.And I find my self singing his songs/bhajans when there is no one around me as I don't want anyone to judge my devotion towards the supreme one.I am trying to focus on him and I think he will reply some day.

Jai Hari Shri Hari

Dhanyavad
    Hari bol

That is wonderful. Yes, He will.

Dear Abhishek Born Again,

may be you like this collection of stories - they show how aware Krishna is of His bhaktas. Enjoy it!

https://indiansaints.wordpress.com

Hare Krishna

Abirami

Namaste Again Abirami Ji ,
    Thank You so much I will go through them.

Dhanyavad
    Hari bol

Thread Information