Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sanatana Dharma questions

Re: Sanatana Dharma questions

Dear riju,

If you want to learn about Sanatan Dharma, why not ask questions on Sanatan Dharma ? Why bring in Buddhism here ? Right ?

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Namaste devotee ji,

Thanks for the response. The TV episode that I linked to, is not a for-profit show. If you look through the credits, you will see that folks from the Chinmaya Mission Trust have a major hand in creating this series. Usually when religious people create shows like this, they are careful to portray things as accurately as they can. But you are right- the writer may have his own interpretation of BG!

The four VarnAshram, the time and place decide the duty of any person. If I am in army, my duty is to save my country even by killing enemies of my country.
    b) However, while indulging in work, we should not forget our real aim in life ... i.e. to realise our True Nature. For realising our True Nature, we have to attain Self-realisation and for that we need to study scriptures / learn under the guidance of a Self-realised Guru and lead a life as guided by Guru.
    What if I don't belong to the Kshatriya varna? What if the fighting is fierce and I realize that I might die (in war) before I ever get a chance to study scriptures?? Should I not simply run from war, do my best to hide from enemy (who will now certainly win the war), and look to attain Self-realization, before I am caught??

Lately, there are powerful forces in India that are trying to get donated gold (and other wealth) out of Hindu temples. These forces pretend that what they are doing is only "good for everybody", but people like me who can see through their games and are aware of their real aims, what should we do? I do not belong to any varna that has the duty to counter these forces! Heck, I am not even an Indian citizen [any more]! What should people like me do? Should we simply ignore what is going on, call all this injustice a 'maya', and simply mind our own personal business and concentrate on attaining Self-realization??

I apologize if my questions seem overtly sarcastic, but they need to be seriously contemplated upon!
    What is the one thing that no beings can do, except humans? Answer: Arts!

Thank you for your response, follower12 ji. I need to spend some time contemplating upon what you wrote.

Pranaam

Namaste KTE,

Quote Originally Posted by knowThyEnemy
    What if I don't belong to the Kshatriya varna? What if the fighting is fierce and I realize that I might die (in war) before I ever get a chance to study scriptures?? Should I not simply run from war, do my best to hide from enemy (who will now certainly win the war), and look to attain Self-realization, before I am caught??
    You have to understand that your Varna is by Guna and Karma and not by birth. Your Guna (due to impressions past) and Karma decide your course of action. If you are a Kshatriya, you will have to fight or run away for the time being but preparing for fight when you are ready. If you are a Brahmin by Varna, you will take the course of action that you propose. So, you should go by what your conscience tells you to do. Lord Krishna emphasizes on Sahaj Karma i.e. which comes naturally to you.

... Regarding someone trying to take donated gold from temples or your watching a losing battle helplessly ... keep your mind even-headed. Why ?

a) You are not responsible for running the whole world on the "right"path. This world was not created by you and is not dependent on you for running on the right path.
    b) That who has created this world and that who is running the world on day-to-day basis, knows better than you how to run this world and is fully capable to handle any situation.
    c) If God wants you to play your part in setting any wrong as right in this world, rest assured, He will create suitable situations to happen that.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Quote Originally Posted by devotee View Post

If you want to learn about Sanatan Dharma, why not ask questions on Sanatan Dharma ? Why bring in Buddhism here ? Right ?

OM

Namaste Ji,

Finally,we have come to the actual point.The troll isn't here to learn about Sanatana Dharma nor to discuss philosophical similarities/differences but to aggressively proselytize and propagandize his/her views.There is an internet saying,"Don't feed the trolls".
    He dances in the golden hall of Chidambaram, Let us worship His rosy anklet girt Feet.

Namaste devotee ji & riju ji,

Originally posted by devotee: This claim has no foundation. I have not found the term Ärhat" anywhere in Sanatan Dharma scriptures.
    That is what I had been thinking of. I have also not heard word "Arhat" in any hindu dharmic tv show. Not once in any Satsang on Astha channel ever. I read about Arihants in Jainsim, so I was relating it with Arhat by thinking that Arihants of Jain dharm are called Arhats in Buddhism. It is my mistake, I think I should have asked about it.

Riju ji, I understand that you have high regards for Buddhism & practices that are taught in Buddhism but instead of posing it as a question, you could give it as a part of information informing us what is said in Buddhism about several related aspects of Brahm or Brahaman. I am eager to learn more even if it comes from religion other than what I follow. You may start a new thread in Buddhism section of HDF. I think riju ji might have posted the thread here mistakenly just like I posted introductory thread in Dharm-discussion section. To new users like me or riju ji, guidance from senior users or experienced ones is more important from time to time.

knowthyenemy ji wrote:
    Lately, there are powerful forces in India that are trying to get donated gold (and other wealth) out of Hindu temples. These forces pretend that what they are doing is only "good for everybody", but people like me who can see through their games and are aware of their real aims, what should we do?
    Hm... I see. This is a serious issue. Some people are trying to bring economics & business inside holy temples & other religious places. Even I go shocked when I heard about it as news. How can people go to such level? Do bhakts donate their wealth so that some banker may bank upon it? No. It is morally, ehically, religiously, spiritually & more importantly culturally wrong. India has never seen this form of business culture. On my part, I can only make efforts to make understand people how wrong it is. Even you can also spread awareness about it.

The ShriLaxmi of temples can only be used in charitable works like building more temple, doing bhandaras, providing best facilities to Bhagwans residing in temple. When this gross form of Shri Laxmi is misused by anyone, be it donor or acceptor, the real nightmares for them begins. It is nothing but greed. They may escape laws of courts here but kudrat never leaves. Wrath of Laxmi Ma cannot be stopped once evoked. So, never ever do business in religion.

Taking this thread back to Sanatan dharm, I heard that there are two forms of Laxmi (not devi herself but the material laxmi). One is paap (ashuddh Laxmi & ashubh Laxmi) & other is Shubh Laxmi. Shuddh Laxmi is Goddess Laxmi herself.

The form of laxmi that is mostly available in kaliyug is Ashudh and ashubh laxmi. Money earned by wrong means is ashudh laxmi while that earned by undergoing worries, tension & depression results in accumulation of ashubh laxmi. Rarely one gets Shubh laxmi. When Ashubh or Ashuddh Laxmi is donated FOR AUSPICIOUS WORK, it automatically converts into Shubh Laxmi. So, money inside temples should be preserved & used only at the right time, in time of real needs.
    What has been mentioned about money form of Shri Laxmi in our scriptures? Please do explain the sanskrit words of shlokas (as I am not very good in Sanskrit).

Pranaam.

Riju ji, is Lotus sutra called so in Hindi also or something like pushpa sutra or anything similar?
    Pranaam

From my point of view , Hinduism is divided in two main portions

1. First is Advait, vedas and knowledge of Brahamana. Here the absence of word Arhat or Arihant or any other equivalent word should be there.
    Its absence is unnatural.
    2 Second is devotion ,,,,,and Moksh word comes here. This line is very advanced.

Some of the humans want Wisdom,logic, sense, and not blind faith.
    Gods who advocate devotion have powers to move some of them away from logic and sense, but those with Wisdom are never going to be devotees.
    Vedas, Brahamana and advait should fill this gap.

Quote Originally Posted by follower12 View Post
    The ShriLaxmi of temples can only be used in charitable works like building more temple, doing bhandaras, providing best facilities to Bhagwans residing in temple. When this gross form of Shri Laxmi is misused by anyone, be it donor or acceptor, the real nightmares for them begins. It is nothing but greed. They may escape laws of courts here but kudrat never leaves. Wrath of Laxmi Ma cannot be stopped once evoked. So, never ever do business in religion.
    Namaste follower12 ji,

I agree with you that the wealth of Indian temples should be used for things that benefit humans. But I am not sure that it should be used to build more temples or to do bhandaras. IMO currently there is a great need to teach Hindus about their own religion. Too many either don't know or have incorrect knowledge. People know the stories (Purans etc) but they do not know what these stories really are teaching. And that is where the money should be spent.

Now since people are most attracted to TV, the money needs to be spent on creating quality films and TV shows. These films/shows need to be of such good quality that all Indians should want to watch them, AND they should prefer watching these shows over watching the bollywood garbage.

Once people have good knowledge of Hinduism, and once they know how they can apply this knowledge to their daily lives, the overall mentality of people will start changing for the better. People will automatically start moving away from hedonism and social-status, and towards dharma and spirituality. If the commercial yoga has brought such big change in the westerners' fitness habits, imagine what non-commercial but quality knowledge of Hinduism would do to people in India!

As for Shri Laxmi having two facets to her, you are absolutely correct. I am about to post a new post on this topic since it is quite different from the subjects that we have been discussing here. I will post the link as soon as it is approved by moderators.

Pranaam.

My post on Sri Lakshmi is on online and anyone interested can read it at this link-

http://hindudharmaforums.com/showthr...akshmi-Vs-Maya

Pranaam.

Thread Information