Thread: Hello!

Hello!

Greetings!
    I just joined and just wanted to say hello to everyone. I have come here to learn all I can about Hinduism after a few vivid spiritual dreams, as I feel this is where my path leading me down.

I live in the UK with my husband, where I was born. I alwaysloved Indian culture for as long as I can remember. As an Artist I love thecolour of it all, how it always so bright and vivid.

I was not extremely religious before. I believed there wassomething out there, but not sure what. I believed in Nature and spirits andreincarnation, and I adored animals, so I learned a lot about paganism over thelast few years but was not an active practitioner as such – just more of a wayof life for me more than a religion.

Within the last year and half I have had two spiritualdreams which affected me deeply, of Ganesh. I didn’t know a lot about Hindugods at all, and they were so vivid it wasn’t dreams made from imagination orwhat I actively read or saw in that day. I wanted to share my dreams here if that’s ok;

The first dream, looking back I think was when he introducedhimself to me. I was in my bedroom and I looked out the window expecting to seemy street, but instead there was this huge void, but it was bathed in light, andit was a cream/gold colour, and my window was just floating in the middle ofit. Then this young man floated up to the window. He was of Asian descent, hadshort black/brown hair which was in soft curls and his eyes just as a dark and intensebut warm and rich. I don’t remember was he was sat on. But I knew it was Ganeshbecause he had his trunk instead of his nose – it was the only elephant part ofhim if that makes sense. He reached out to my hand with his trunk and without thinkingI reached out to him. We held trunk and hand for a second and then I woke up.

The second dream I would say was a good 4, 5 months later –I was with Ganesh again but he was in more elephant form, pretty much like thepictures we see, and we walking together down this path outside in a templesetting, the buildings was all intricate and white. There were people quietly walkingaround everywhere. He then took me down this path were either side there washuge white beautifully detailed alcoves, tall as buildings, completely dwarfingme. Within these alcoves were all these different deities, sat in their ownalcove. He showed me them all and he stopped at a blue male Deity and pointedout a female deity in the alcove next to him. (Which I assume after reading upon Hindu Deities they was his parents perhaps) it was like he was introducingme to them. They didn’t talk or interact as such, but they looked around takingin their surroundings… I believe they knew I was there. It was a very quiet andrelaxed and peaceful atmosphere.
    Since these dreams I have been pulled even more towardHinduism in General – I have been reading up on it, downloaded the Gita,learning what I can. I learned a Ganesh Mantra and meditated using the mantra. I have a friend who was a large family in Indiaand she kindly gave me some Rudrakshabeads which I treasure – they are 5 and 6 Mukhi beads which very recently feltthe strong need to put under my pillow when I sleep!

So I feel like I am at point where I need to talk and meetwith other people and seek their advice and wisdom. I don’t know what thedreams mean, but they are always with me. I don’t know what to do next, whichis why I am here. I am reading still, and letting the path guide me.

Hope to speak to you all soon

Lisa

Re: Hello!

Namste Adrianna/Lisa Ji,

First of all I would like to welcome you to HDF and I hope your stay here will be fruitful.Dreams are the results of what we always think about,not sure this is the case here but Lord Ganesh Ji graced you in your dreams that might have something in it.The learned elders may tell you about it.Once again,welcome aboard.

Dhanyavad
    Hari bol

Namaste,

Welcome Adriance to HDF. May your stay be one of the nicest moments. Hoping to see replies from someone who understand meaning of these dreams.

Pranaam

Namaste,

Welcome to the forum Adrianna.

Pranam.

Vannakkam adrianna: Welcome to these forums. Nice introduction.

I'll attempt some answers for you.

From a mystic Hindu perspective, these kinds of visions or dreams are perfectly normal. It happens all the time in mystic realms. The only reason we don't hear more a bout it is that most mystic eventually encounter the teaching that it is better to be quiet about such dreams and visions, and they are able to heed that advice.

Lord Ganesha resides on the muladara chakra, the first chakra above the lower ones. This makes Him more or less the gatekeeper to Hinduism. So He is welcoming you, and He knows that you're somehow 'ready', if that makes sense.

If you want to know more about him, I'd suggest reading 'Loving Ganesha' or other explanatory books about Him. If there are Hindu temples near you, I'd also suggest going. That would make the dreams become reality, more or less. The alcoves you saw are like many Hindu temples.

Best wishes.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information