Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First article: Why Rajiv Malhotra Matters to White Hindus Like Me

First article: Why Rajiv Malhotra Matters to White Hindus Like Me

Namaskāra, everyone!

I just started writing for Rajiv Malhotra, and this morning, my first article was published here. Enjoy.

http://www.vicharvimarsh.com/2015/07...indus-like-me/

Praṇāma

Re: First article: Why Rajiv Malhotra Matters to White Hindus Like Me

Vannakkam:

Excellent writing and article.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste,

Thank you for articulating so well the concerns of so many of us.

Pranam.

Namaste DA,

Adding my thanks as well. Excellent article. Thank you for this and for sharing.

~Pranam
    ~~~~~
    What has Learning profited a man, if it has not led him to worship the good feet of Him who is pure knowledge itself?
    They alone dispel the mind's distress, who take refuge at the feet of the incomparable one.
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Anbe Sivamayam, Satyame Parasivam

Namaste dA,

Very nice article. Well written. For a moment I thought as if I was reading the article by an Indian scholar but the initial repeated reminders of you being an American kept on increasing interest. What a clarity on Indian civilization? I didn't expect it to be so unbiased. Keep up the good work.

Pranaam

Namaste D.A

They especially did not expect someone like Rajiv to step in and disrupt what has been either a lucrative process and/or an entrenching process for Western powers.
    Good effort and a useful information for outsiders but I don't understand how will it make a difference to a native Indian who can't read and write?
    Anirudh...

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh View Post
    .....but I don't understand how will it make a difference to a native Indian who can't read and write?
    I would not question anyone supporting a Hindu cause, whatever it may be. We should all do what we can and what worries us the most. On that note, if education of native Indians is your passion, take it upon yourself to champion that cause with all your might.

In North America there is a concerted effort by the academicians/Indologists and by the Xitian religious leaders to attack Hinduism and anyone standing up for Hinduism. So, if anyone writes an article about that and encourages others to support Rajiv, why is it being questioned? OR am I totally not comprehending your post Anirudh?

Pranam.

So, if anyone writes an article about that and encourages others to support Rajiv, why is it being questioned?
    Namaste Believer
    I had made it clear that the write up is good for non Indian Hindus and also for the people who migrated from India. I didn't question the motive of the article or the person who has posted it.

In North America there is a concerted effort by the academicians/Indologists and by the Xitian religious leaders to attack Hinduism and anyone standing up for Hinduism. So, if anyone writes an article about that and encourages others to support Rajiv, why is it being questioned? OR am I totally not comprehending your post Anirudh?
    Not just in N.A, its happening (since ages) every where especially large scale in India. When ever I raise this point why even the migrated Indians turn a blind eye to it as if it's not their job to cleanse the problem in a place where it matters the most.

I am not sure if you have seen the behavior of migrated Indian Hindus when they visit Hindu Temples in India. It's an eye sore to say the least. I am not making a sweeping statement, just highlighting their generic behavior.

If I have to stick to the title of the post, then my comments find no place here. But the write up seem to be addressing NRI HINDUS also.

Namaste Anirudh,

Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh View Post
    When ever I raise this point why even the migrated Indians turn a blind eye to it as if it's not their job to cleanse the problem in a place where it matters the most.

I am not sure if you have seen the behavior of migrated Indian Hindus when they visit Hindu Temples in India. It's an eye sore to say the least. I am not making a sweeping statement, just highlighting their generic behavior.
    I am painfully aware of the attitude of migrated Indian Hindus. I run into them every day and sad to say, I am not well liked by them, because I bring up the issues eating away Hinduism, both here and in India. But please be aware that a lot of us are actually doing what we can to make a difference. Many of us support the Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation and Support a Child Program run by Vishwa Hindu Parishad, to educate village based people with scant access to education. Sankara Eye Foundation is very active in raising funds here for people with vision problems in India. IIM and IIT graduates as well as alumni of several other universities continually raise funds for their respective alma maters. So there is a lot that is being done, some out of generosity and some out of a feeling of guilt for having abandoned India. Granted that not everyone participates in some way or the other, but that is to be expected. General population of Hindus in India is the same way. It took people over 65 years to elect a Hindu Prime Minister. And that is done directly by the people of India, living in India. Why single out the migrated ones. I firmly believe that on percentage basis, they contribute far more to the Hindu/Indian causes than the native ones. Modi was given a rock star type reception in New York and he is due to experience the same in the Silicone Valley in California on his next visit in a couple of months. These receptions are tied to financial support for the country through contributions and through investments in India by the 'migrated ones'. In the cause of Hinduism, there are pitched battles with the state education boards in US to make correct information available to school students through text books. I know that many people want to be secularists and don't support their faith at all. But so do a majority of the people in India. I see so many HINOs - Hindus In Name Only there. Even in this forum, in the past whenever I tried to chase away trolls, some of the members would come after me and call me intolerant and worse. And for that some of the part time Western Hindus would pat them on the back. I have been made to feel like their enemy, both via PM's and in the forum itself. And these people are Indian Hindus, living in India who have no clue about the damage being done to Hinduism right in front of them.

We all have to take some blame for this situation. In the aftermath of the recent earthquake in Nepal, I saw some people in the forum willing to help but NOT through VHP. Hindu organizations are like a poison pill to them.

Pranam.

Namaste Believer ji

In the aftermath of the recent earthquake in Nepal, I saw some people in the forum willing to help but NOT through VHP.
    Hindu organizations are like a poison pill to them.

Even in this forum, in the past whenever I tried to chase away trolls, some of the members would come after me and call me intolerant and worse. And for that some of the part time Western Hindus would pat them on the back. I have been made to feel like their enemy, both via PM's and in the forum itself. And these people are Indian Hindus, living in India who have no clue about the damage being done to Hinduism right in front of them.
    I don't remember myself doing that. If I had behaved like that ( with/without my knowledge ) I owe an apology to the entire forum.
    We all have to take some blame for this situation.
    During the past few months had gone into self enclosure to seek myself. In the process realized, we all possess more than what we need to handle any situation we face. Unfortunately we don't wish to give up the comfort that we assumed to have earned. And that's what has taken us what we are today.

I THINK every HINDU irrespective of their ethnicity should devote some time to learn Vedic Astrology, Srimad Bhagavad Gita and any one EPIC. There is an answer to every problem we are facing in these three set of texts**. Issues and concerns raised by OP too have a fix if one has the intention to figure it out
    But please be aware that a lot of us are actually doing what we can to make a difference. Many of us support the Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation and Support a Child Program run by Vishwa Hindu Parishad, to educate village based people with scant access to education. Sankara Eye Foundation is very active in raising funds here for people with vision problems in India. IIM and IIT graduates as well as alumni of several other universities continually raise funds for their respective alma maters. So there is a lot that is being done, some out of generosity and some out of a feeling of guilt for having abandoned India.
    Thanks for sharing the info about the contributions made by NRI. May I take the liberty to tell that never shell out even a penny to the organization which are secular or claim to be secular. Let me termed as a racist by modern elites but I don't care. I have got more to share but that would derail this thread.

N.B. ** I don't claim to have read them fully but has made a sincere beginning.
    Anirudh...

Thread Information