Thread: Whiteness Studies

Whiteness Studies

This articles looks at some of the work I had to do as a white person in order to understand myself better before getting into a culture that I was not born into.

http://www.vicharvimarsh.com/2015/08...eness-studies/

Re: Whiteness Studies

Namaste d.A

I won't know what other will feel but after reading the article few times couldn't be sure whether the write up is genuine? Analysis done or the findings made in the article had been said by many (of course they were all true Indian patriots like Nathuram Godse or the likes of him who had to fight invading demons as well as planted and home made demons like Mohan Das, Jawahar Lal etc) in the past. There probably could be a need to reinvent the wheel for a specific society that is trying to project itself as reformed after the awareness of its own mistakes (atrocities) or that is attempting to self chastise .

Is this world still a beautiful place to live or I am dreaming?
    Anirudh...

Namaste Anirudh,

Explain what you mean by the writeup not being genuine?

Praṇāma

This is nutty. Why does someone, so obsessed with race, waste time when we are individuals with our own daily affairs and I do not see how this is related to Hinduism, honestly. First of all, no one is "white". If it is about Christians, no one race is Christian either, there are African Christians, African Musltms, and African Hindus. And so it goes. As far as placing others in broad categories of "race", Europeans and Indians are largely related to each other. But what "race" is Indra, Shiva, Devi, Krishna, et all?

I do not take "studies" based on such odd distractions, certainly not in relation to Hinduism. Sure, some discriminate based on all sorts of things. Take Indian Bollywood which clearly favors paler (more "fair skinned") actors and especially actresses. In one way it is odd. Also think of caste, which is often applied as a form of racial discrimination against darker skinned natives and other Indians.

This isn't "progress", this is lazy man's way to blame for often is your own problems that need to be addressed. It is retrograde and blame game. Not that one does not have the right to express this, but I am bored by it and am not interested. Everyone is to blame when looking at the broader perspective, and everyone can also change and seek liberation, and anyone can have ability, the human mind is in one way amazing, every human is actually the potential of genius, it is only a question of laziness that gets in the way. Spending all your time on such focus of blame is also a form of laziness.

No one on this planet is "pure race". Not one. None. You are every other in small part, that is a "racial" fact. And no one is free from a "stained" past if you want to play games with history.

Right now, the greatest threat to Hindus and India as far as hateful agenda of mass murder of Hindus is Islamic extremism. Most of these extremists do not come from Europe, and many are Indo-Aryan themself. I have better things to think about and worry about as a Hindu, including the issue of Islamic terrorism.

The greatest locust of soldiers bringing destruction, by the way, isn't a Hitler or Napolean or Khan or the others. It is disease. Watch out for ebola coming to India. Before the pre-Middle Ages, India was a pinnacle of civilization and advanced power. Then the plague came. That is what changed things. The plague later killed 1/3rd of Europe. You have great enemies coming, they may not be humans. But back to Hinduism instead of "white guilt".

Namaste d.A ji

I have come across selling the goodness of Indian culture as a "finished goods" to Indians under the foreign label as if the product or the idea upon which the product is manufactured originated from a superior land.

For eg: A popular toothpaste brand nowadays is selling its charcoal variant to the Indian public as if the discovery of "benefit of charcoal in toothpaste" is a modern find, where as since ages Indians had been using ashes to clean utensils, teeth etc.

I can give another example how turmeric is finding its place back in cosmetics where as Indian women had been applying turmeric paste since ages.

During the days of introduction of toothpaste or face cream into Indian Market usage of ashes or applying was humiliated. I can't get the videos of those adds because YouTube wasn't there then :-)

In the last 20 or 30 years these MNC has become rich by sucking India's blood (poor people's money) . Just for a moment assume the status of Indians if they hadn't fallen into white lies. I consider the resurgence of charcoal in toothpaste or turmeric in cosmetics is akin to centuries of subjugation plus falsification of Indian wisdom and then its re introduction as if it's a Invaders find.

Scientific and Spritual knowledge of Indians was either laughed at or made to appear as if it wasn't original or borrowed from Invaders.

Similarly the article is saying the same points which were been expressed by nationalist sadly then (and even now) they were branded as the outcome of saffron fanaticsm or saffron racism.

If you can't relate or not convinced with my reply, lets continue this discussion in a PM thread.
    Last edited by Anirudh; 21 August 2015 at 04:03 PM. Reason: I wasn't active in HDF , hence delay in reply....
    Anirudh...

Thread Information