Thread: Red Powder?

Red Powder?

Namaste everyone,

So the Idol I worship gets red powder on it without me putting any on my Idol. My Idol is basically a top black stone, and a bottom flat stone which looks like a Shivling when you put them together, and I worship it as a Shivling since my parents don't let me buy an Idol, and they don't let me buy kumkum either. So I add the Shaiva ash tilak at the top stone part of the Idol, and the bottom Idol part I add an ash in the shape of the bindi because the Shivlingam if I am right represents Sadashiva ji at the top part, and Maa Shakti at the bottom part right..? After adding the sacred ash tilaks on both parts of the Shivlingam, I add a tumeric bindi in the middle of the top part of the Shivlingam, and at the bottom Maa Shakti part I add a tumeric bindi as well. I have seen Idols like this, but they also have a red bindi in the middle of the tumeric bindi right? Well Whenever I put the tumeric bindi on the bottom part there is red powder that comes on it all by itself which is kinda surprising because I have none and it happens out of nowhere, but the top part of the idol has no red powder bindi coming on it by itself... Is this odd? Why does this happen to me? I am the only one in my family who worships it, I am Indian but my family doesn't believe in Hinduism. Also, just so you know I worship Maa Parvati like my Ishta Devta as Sri Tripura Sundari Devi Mata ji, is that why only the shakti part of the Shivlingam only gets red powder on by itself and not the top part? I love both ShivShakti though. This is a serious question, I don't know who to ask this because my whole family doesn't believe in Hinduism, I'm the only one. Today when I put the tumeric bindi on the shakti part I focused my eyes on the shakti part of the Shivlingam and I saw it with my own eyes the red powder appearing.

Here is a photo of my Shivlingam: http://i.imgur.com/dzztn54.png

Re: Red Powder?

Namaste,

Did some fatty acids from soap somehow get lodged into parts of the Shivling set?

http://humantouchofchemistry.com/why...c-turn-red.htm
    http://www.answers.com/Q/Why_do_turm...rgent_solution

Pranam.

Namaste Believer ji,

No, I don't think so. Because everyday when I wake up before I recite my daily hindu prayers I pick up the murti and give it a water(sheetal jal) abhishek, and I put the tilak marks on again. The red powder has only recently like for about 4 days has come daily when I finish adding the daily tilak marks on the murti. I did the tilak marks before too and this never happened which is why it is so odd to me.

Dear Chakreshwari

Whether fatty acids are present on the rough stone or not, it is Devi MA's LeelA just for you. And for your family. She accepts your devotion.
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Thread Information