Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finding the Guru

Re: Finding the Guru

It has been said, that in this age of the Kali Yuga where dualities are prominent and people are confused, it is better to chant The Maha Mantra "Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare, Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare".
    Om purnam adah, purnam idam, purnat purnam udacyate; purnasya purnam adaya purnam evavasisyate.
    Om Santih! Santih! Santih!

Hari Om
    ~~~~~

Namaste,

All the stars in the sky rejoice when one finds their way.

pranams
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Thank you Mahahrada for taking the time to explain in detail. I can see where I might not have fully "ripened"...the senses...as it was brought to my attention on the other thread LOL

When I say Life itself is my Guru...I mean everything. I see everything and everyone as my Guru. It never occured to me that I could "simply" follow someone else's path. When I started my path I did not know that others had walked before me...maybe it was divine that way : )

Quote Originally Posted by Vivamis123 View Post
    Thank you Mahahrada for taking the time to explain in detail. I can see where I might not have fully "ripened"...the senses...as it was brought to my attention on the other thread LOL

When I say Life itself is my Guru...I mean everything. I see everything and everyone as my Guru. It never occured to me that I could "simply" follow someone else's path. When I started my path I did not know that others had walked before me...maybe it was divine that way : )
    Namaste Vivamis123

Lets look at one of the qualities Uparati : observance of one's prescribed position in life, it means satisfaction with ones own situation, that is one should not have the wish to become someone else, or follow someones else paths, it means to be happy with ones own nature as it is.

A Guru should not make you follow his path, what he should do is exactly the opposite: help you get rid of the bonds that restrict you from repose in your very own nature.

karuna khadga pAtena chitvA pAshAstakam shisho
    samyag Ananda janakah sadguruH sobhidiyate

The Sadguru is he who cuts the eight bonds of the disciple
    by the means of his sword of compassion giving rise to absolute bliss.

SiddhAsiddhanta PaddhatiH Goraknath

What are the eight bonds?
    1. ghrna: contempt
    2.shAnkA: doubt
    3.bhaya: fear
    4. lajja: shame
    5.jugupsa: dislike-disgust-jealousy
    6.kula:family or conventional social group
    7.shila: social rules
    8. jati: birth i.e class restrictions or favours

kularnava tantra says
    pAshabaddho bhavejjivo pAsamuktah sAdashivaH

One who is bound by bonds is a mortal (jiva)
    free from bonds he is Sadashiva:

Being similar to Sadashiva does not mean that you become something different (sadashiva) from what you already are (jiva=limited being) it means gaining access to a transpersonal state that is already there in a latent state, one is only partially or not at all aware of.

Mahahrada
    Last edited by MahaHrada; 28 May 2008 at 04:23 AM.

Thread Information