Thread: Dear HINDUS....Don't just take your child to temple, TEACH them HINDUISM

Dear HINDUS....Don't just take your child to temple, TEACH them HINDUISM

Namaste HDF,

I was contemplating whether this is worthy enough to share, on a second thought feel it is good to be aware of perils around us.

I came to know from one Gentleman that there are two set of angels ie... good angels and bad angels. These bad angels has a habit of secretly listening to the conversation (Venue is heaven) that happen between God and Good angels, fly down to earth and tell its followers (like us) by mixing lies into it. That's why followers of bad angles (like us) aren't able to prosper while followers of GOOD angels are ever *peaceful*.

Now I am sure most of you would have guessed the identity of GOOD angels.

You may push this information down the carpet but trust me this is how our faith is challenged and presented to Poor ILLITERAT Hindus. Even educated are falling into the trap because of lack of spritual knowledge.

Later they are brain washed with few monetary favors and then conversion is very natural.
    Anirudh...

Re: Dear HINDUS....Don't just take your child to temple, TEACH them HINDUISM

Namaste,

Good advice, Thanks.

Pranam.

Namaste ji,

This, yes. It is SO important! Especially outside of India!

A few months ago a very dear friend had to travel suddenly, but her 13 year old son was still at school. His father was on a business trip, so he came to stay with us until his dad could get back to the US.

I don't recall how the conversation went exactly, but at some point he cried out, "I am NOT Indian!"

I'm not sure what shocked us more, the sudden volume that expressed his upset, or this denial of his heritage...
    The fact is, right now, he is an Indian citizen, because his mother made sure to return to Indiafor his birth. He has had all his Samskaras there. He has gone to school there on and off throughout his life so far, and had just come back to the US school system that year after another 2 year stint there. He has most of his family over there... My heart hurt to hear him say that.

After talking to him about it, I understand his frustration. But I wish I could help him to understand how lucky he is. I tried. I hope it helped.

At Temples I've gone to and at Satsang, sometimes people approach me to introduce their children. On a few occasions the kids will talk to me. I love seeing children being taught how to do Arti, or how to genuflect... trying to sing along. It's so wonderful. And I really hope they will understand one day how fortunate they are.

But here in the West, it can be so easy to lose your way. Teaching the next generation, not just the motions, but the meanings, the stories, the deep knowledge... and to take pride in their heritage! This is critical. Especially here.

~Pranam
    ~~~~~
    What has Learning profited a man, if it has not led him to worship the good feet of Him who is pure knowledge itself?
    They alone dispel the mind's distress, who take refuge at the feet of the incomparable one.
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Anbe Sivamayam, Satyame Parasivam

Vannakkam: One of the disappointing things I've encountered is when trying to engage with children or youth, the parents interrupt. Being a former teacher, it can be frustrating. I love engaging the youth ... on life, and sometimes I just want to tell the parent ... "Your kid is more interesting than you." But they want to tell you stuff too, and the kid gets left out.

Along this line, I want to promote a new book. http://www.minimela.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=792 It's a book of 10 stories about today's world and some of the frustrating things our teens encounter ... peer pressure regarding differing value systems, concentration, anti-Hinduism, even suicide. Not so much the philosophy, but the real practical stuff. But each problem also has a practical solution, all in a fictionalized setting. I think many adults would also benefit from it. (I admit to being biased because I helped write some of it.)

Currently its only available in print format.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information