Thread: My Questions on Hinduism

Threaded View

My Questions on Hinduism

Namaste HDF,

Thank you for clicking my post. I'd be really grateful if you could answer any of my (beginner) questions on Hinduism.

How can God be in everything at once? Do only living beings have 'a divinity' in them, or also inanimate objects? What is the logic behind the 'Divine in All Beings'? What do religions like Christianity/Islam believe in this regard (e.g. God is separate?) and how is it different?

Why do bad things happen to good people? (I have gathered so far that we cannot fully see an individual's karma, and what seems unfair to us is actually very fair. But look at all the children being brutally abused etc. Why would a loving God do this? To guide them forward on the Divine path?)

I am born to a non-vegetarian family. If God wanted me to be a vegetarian, and not be part of so much Himsa, why did he put me in such a family? Personally, while I'm very young, still growing, and not allowed to become a vegetarian yet (I've asked), what am I supposed to do? Aren't plants living beings too?

I'm still a school-going student. Do you have any special comments, or lessons you have learnt, or teachings of Hinduism you think I would benefit from? I think everyone would benefit from knowing 'If you ever feel disappointed and discouraged, count it as a blessing, it's a chance to conquer yourself - vast strides are possible when we are miserable and work with ourselves to replace our misery with joy and understanding' This quote is from a Master Course lesson from Kauai's Hindu Monastery (Himalayan Academy), by Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami
    Last edited by FollowerJunior; 28 August 2015 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Giving credit to the quote

Thread Information