Thread: My Greetings!

My Greetings!

Hello,

I am a university student who's experience with Hinduism has only had a class on Philosophy and Religion of the East(Which primarily covered Hinduism and Taoism). We had academically studied 'Bhagavad Gita' and 'Upanishads' by Eknath Easwaran's translation as well as 'Tao Te Ching' of Taoism(which I also greatly felt wisdom from). I became really interested and I have always believed in reincarnation and the science of the soul just like how the Advaita school of Hinduism does. I was never brought up into a faith and have none still, but always have believed there are Gods and primary a Goddess as Creator. Thus I have been quite curious about Shaktism in particular, but also Shaivism too, as I feel connected to Shiva too and have also been recommended Gavin Flood books on Kashmir Shaivism. However I've had a really hard time finding info on Shaktism, and honestly have been kinda finding academic stuff dry lately and want to learn about the actual practices and scripture of Shaktism or Shaivism instead of research. I also really want to start incorporating Hinduism into my life and develop a practice of Sadhana. So, what better idea than to join of community of those who practice Hindu Spirituality and follow Sanatana Dharma.

Best of wishes, and thank you,
    -Transcendence

Re: My Greetings!

Vannakkam, and welcome to HDF. I hope your stay here is fruitful
    Aum Namasivaya

Namaste,

A Warm welcome to the forum.
    Here is a link to get started on Shiva,

http://www.himalayanacademy.com/

Pranam.

Welcome to the forums, Transcendence !

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Namaste,

Thank you everyone!

I've lurked here a bit before I joined up, seems a bit inactive now(besides all the guests), but I've read a lot of good and insightful posts here and am sure to see more. It shall certainly be a fruitful venture here.

@Believer , I've been to that site before, a really good resource! I've downloaded their main trilogy and even might look into their guided study program. I've just got into my new University, so I'll wait to see if it'd be practical for me, but I'll definitely look into different examples of practice and at least I got a library at my disposal now.

-Transcendence

Thread Information