Thread: How was Sri Vishnu born?

How was Sri Vishnu born?

Namaste all,

Before I start talking I would like to apologize to everyone and to Sri Vishnu if I hurt any feelings, because my motive is only gyan and not to hurt people's feelings.

So today I read somewhere the Sri Vishnu ji is Sri Brahma ji's father because the lotus of which Sri Brahma ji was born from was through Sri Vishnu ji's navel. Well someone also told me that Kashyap MahaRishi ji is the father of Sri Vishnu Devta ji through Sri Aditi MahaDev jii. Is that true?? If that is true I also read that Sri Brahma ji is the father of his manasputra (mind born son) who is Kashyap MahaRishi ji! If Sri Brahma ji created Kashyap MahaRishi ji then how can Sri Vishnu ji be Sri Brahma ji's father considering that Sri Brahma ji existed before Sri Vishnu ji, and that Sri Brahma ji gave birth to Sri Vishnu ji's father Kashyap MahaRishi ji.

Re: How was Sri Vishnu born?

Dear Friend,

What you have read is actually right....your confusion can be cleared with the following information...

First and foremost please understand the fact that Sri Maha Vishnu is Parabramha swaroopa...the Self-form of the actually formless Supreme-most...now that sounds a little confusing for the first time...but thats the reason why even the greatest of the greatest sages, knowledgeable people and even Chatur-mukha Bramha say that its not possible for our tiny little intellect to actually understand the Supreme Almighty...

He is Aja..meaning He who is unborn...birth is only for those who die...for Him who is Kaala [Time], how can there be an end?...hence He is adi-antya rahita..One without a Beginning or an End....He is Anadi...without a start...He is Avyaya...He who is in-exhaustible ... He is the Suprememost...He is the greatest..He is everything inside and beyond this Universe...He is the creator of this and countless other Universes..He sustains them and He destroys them to recreate...He is in every minutest object and is the entire Universe also...for Him there exists no birth...

He is that ocean of mercy who, only to please His devotees, takes birth with them, in the form recognizable to them....He lives with His dearest devotees as their son or brother or friend or husband or protector or king or teacher......when we talk about Sri Maha Vishnu, His avatars are the "so-called" birth inside the Universe to please His devotees....He takes up different materialistic bodies, performs His leelas and then gives up those materialistic bodies when He feels so....

One may ask then isnt that birth and death?....well the answer is NO...because both birth and death for the "Jeevas" like you and me are beyond our control..we can neither decide our birth[taking up a materialistic body] not decide our death[leaving a materialistic body]..we are bound by Time...but He who is the controller of everything is actually present in everything everywhere...so the question of Him not being present in anything at any given point is not possible...For He who is Time, there is no bondage to anything [this is a very deep topic which cannot be written here as it needs a lot of time and a lot of understanding ]

Hence, with the understanding that Sri Maha Vishnu takes up Avatars inside the Universe, lets get to your confusion

A brief summary of the background story is required... as per our Puranas....Sri Maha Vishnu is the father and mother of everyone in this Universe..ChaturMukha Bramha was born from the lotus which came from Sri Maha Vishnu....

Chatur Mukha Bramha has 10[the number varies in some Puranas] Manasa Putras...Marichi was the first one...One of Marichi's sons was Sri Kashyapa....

In the previous Kalpa[day of Chatur Mukha Bramha], there was a Prajapathi named Sutapa...his wife was Prishni...
    They were extremely devoted to that Sri Pundarekaaksha[One with lotus eyes]...they both did severe penance in order to see Sri Keshava[One with beautiful hair]....Sri Maha Vishnu appeared in person with His divine form...having the beautiful Sudharshana chakra, the divine conch called Paanchajanya and His club.....

Prishni and Sutapa were spell bound upon seeing that Divine form of Sri Hari....
    When Sri Narayana asked them what is it that they prayed for, the blessed couple
    said that in every "janma", they want Sri Maha Vishnu as their son....
    Sri Hrishikesha[One who is the lord of senses] smiled and granted them their wish...

The same Sutapa, was born as Kashyapa[son of Prajapathi Marichi, [who is the Manasa putra of ChaturMukha Bramha] and Kala]

and the same Prishni was born as Aditi [daughter of daksha]....

and as per their boon, Sri Trivikrama[Vishnu] was born as Sri Vaamana[Avatar of Vishnu],to Kashyapa and Aditi...
    Sri Maha Vishnu took an Avatar as Sri Vaamana, who also sent Bali to Paatala...

Hence, birth of Sri Maha Vishnu as Avatars occurs in innumerable places...and every Avatar signifies the fact that He descends here only for the sake of His devotees...and to protect Dharma...

Hope your confusion is clarified...

Namaste 2 SanathanaDharma,

Thank you for the detailed response, the response makes sense to me now. One thing that does not make sense to me is that how can Sri Aditi MahaDevi ji be reborn in all of Sri Vishnu ji's incarnations considering Sri Aditi MahaDevi is limitless and immortal in her form? I have heard of a Shakti which allows to be in multiple places at once (Sri Krishna ji's scene of dancing with many gopis at the same time is an example), so maybe Sri Aditi MahaDevi ji possesses that Shakti?

Namaste Dear Friend,

The tiny part which was not understood is Sri Maha Vishnu will be their son in "their" janmas...not every Avatar of Sri Maha Vishnu...

to make it more clear, the same Prishni and Sutapa were born as Aditi and Kashyapa...after that janma was completed they were born as the

blessed devotees Vasudeva and Devaki who gave birth to the Supreme Lord Sri Vaasudeva Krishna...

now, in-between Sri Vaamana Avatar and Sri Krishna Avatar, Sri Maha Vishnu took many other Avatars and was born to lot of other blessed devotees of His....
    He, before Sri Krishna Avatar, was born as Sri Raamachandra to another blessed couple Dasharatha and Kausalya....

so whenever the Prishni and Sutapa took birth, He took an Avatar as their son...

Namaste SanathanaDharma,

Thank you for the wonderful response yet again! The only thing that still confuses me is that I thought all of Daksha's daughters including Sri Aditi MahaDevi were immortal because I believe they have had taken amrita from samundra mathan.. Meaning how can Sri Aditi MahaDevi be reborn when she was an immortal devta before?

Namaste Chakreshvari ji

Now that SanatanDharma ji has cleared your doubts very nicely, here is a thread on the same subject -- dive in at your discretion (i.e. so as to not confuse you)
    http://hindudharmaforums.com/showthr...dic-literature
    Last edited by smaranam; 07 September 2015 at 02:24 PM.
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Thread Information