Thread: Transit of Planets as hinted by CS Patel

Light Transit of Planets as hinted by CS Patel

Namaste to all,

With reference to an article of CS Patels in Astrological Magazine 1992 (Navamsa and Transit of Planets) (also in his book Predicting through Navamsa and Nadi) - Patel Saab mentions a very interesting theory from Kerala where they use Tara-Amsas depending on the pada of one's Moon at birth.

Achyuta mentions that transits of planets are more important in the pada rather than the entire star. For example, if you're born in Pada 1 of a star, transits of planets in any star will give their effects when they are in Pada 1 of that star. Taras are of course classified as Janma, Sampat, Vipat. But they look at the Janma-Tara-Amsa more than transit through the entire Tara.

I just want to check if anyone has had this experience? I am Anuradha Pada 1 (so Saturn transited my natal moon thrice in fact thanks to going retro, stationary on the exact point of the moon (oh yes) and then forward again) but I did experience some effects even while it was in Vishakha 3 and 4. (No planets in Vishakha). That may just be Sade-Sati, but in any case, I am curious to know if anyone has seen this theory work in any chart.

Re: Transit of Planets as hinted by CS Patel

Quote Originally Posted by Laalu View Post
    Namaste to all,

With reference to an article of CS Patels in Astrological Magazine 1992 (Navamsa and Transit of Planets) (also in his book Predicting through Navamsa and Nadi) - Patel Saab mentions a very interesting theory from Kerala where they use Tara-Amsas depending on the pada of one's Moon at birth.

Achyuta mentions that transits of planets are more important in the pada rather than the entire star. For example, if you're born in Pada 1 of a star, transits of planets in any star will give their effects when they are in Pada 1 of that star. Taras are of course classified as Janma, Sampat, Vipat. But they look at the Janma-Tara-Amsa more than transit through the entire Tara.

I just want to check if anyone has had this experience? I am Anuradha Pada 1 (so Saturn transited my natal moon thrice in fact thanks to going retro, stationary on the exact point of the moon (oh yes) and then forward again) but I did experience some effects even while it was in Vishakha 3 and 4. (No planets in Vishakha). That may just be Sade-Sati, but in any case, I am curious to know if anyone has seen this theory work in any chart.
    Bravo!
    Now, please do not stop there and pursue testing in a few more charts and not just as a one shot deal but longitudinally in sequence for several events each.
    I can assure you that if the technique holds any water, you will absorb it more completely than relying on internet opinions and anecdotal hearsay (heard or read)! ;-)

A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

Thank you very much. Testing theories on my sample charts is my favorite part of studying, though I only have around ten-fifteen charts, so I am posting on these fora to gain more rigor for theories that I intuitively like. Also, this one is a little hard to test for one reason.

It seems to be that this pertains to Janma-tara, Sampat-Pratyak-Vipat-etc Tara effects for transit of all grahas in a tara for a native.

Gochara on natal positions /special navamsas/drekkanas/houses will continue to have their effects, but for general Janma-Sampat-Pratyak effects which may apply over a basis of a couple of months (while a graha transits a Janma/Sampat/etc star) and which are also a little more generalized (vs a specific big "event" that can be recounted easily), it is harder to get people to confirm/describe.

In my original email, I too made this mistake, a huge discredit to Shri Patel who has so far given me some brilliant leads and ways to think about things (koti Pranaams Sir).

Quote Originally Posted by Rohiniranjan View Post
    Bravo!
    Now, please do not stop there and pursue testing in a few more charts and not just as a one shot deal but longitudinally in sequence for several events each.
    I can assure you that if the technique holds any water, you will absorb it more completely than relying on internet opinions and anecdotal hearsay (heard or read)! ;-)

It definitely would seem to make correlational sense that the natal navamsha (pada) would be a sensitive zone throughout life, particularly when multiple effectors (and affectors-modifiers-executors) focus their energies during the course of life. Since trinality is rather important as considerations go, again the bimbas would span trinal navamshas to the primary under scrutiny. However, researchers may wish to expand their net a bit by adding other personal indicators in addition to the moon.

A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

Laalu Ji,

Thanks for sharing this interesting pointer. I'm still not that clear on this topic. Appreciate if you could explain this with an example.

I've studied a similar concept which seems to be working pretty effectively with respect to D60.

Lets say a person is running Saturn/Rahu dasha and he is getting married. Now the transit position of Saturn, the dasha lord will be transitting either 7th house, 7th lord or Venus ( Karaka for Marriage) in D60. Please don't worry too much on the accuracy of the birth time...Just go with what ever is given and you will be able to hit 80 to 90% success.

Thanks
    Krishna

Hi Krishna,

This technique is from Chandrakala Nadi through Shri CS Patel ji.

The star in which Moon is at birth, 10th and 19th is Janmatara.
    2nd star, 11th and 20th is Sampattara
    3rd, 12th, 21st is Vipat tara
    4, 13, 22nd is Kshematara
    5,14,23rd is Pratyaktara
    and so on.

(This is the usual Tara bala that we talk about - when the Moon transits a Janmatara - you get x effects, Sampattara - you get "Sampat(wealth) like effects" etc which is used in Muhurta and otherwise as well. Widely used everywhere.

According to him, however it is important to look at the pada of the moon at birth. So let's say your moon is in Pada 1, then when a graha is transiting Pada 1 of any tara , you will get the effects as elucidated above more than other padas of the same star. Let us say Saturn transiting a Vipat-tara - will bring strife and trouble, but more so while it is in the same pada number rather than the entire star.

About the D60 - in my own charts, which are mostly hospital births, I am reasonably accurate about the birth time. But since lagna changes so fast in D60, the 7th house/7th lord etc would also change, yes? So I would be a bit worried about predicting anything on that basis. You see, my dasha lord is indeed transiting the 7th house in my D60 right now. Haha! Are wedding bells in the offing? I rubbed my eyes and checked again. However, lagna of D60 can change in 8 seconds - so then that changes the prognosis completely Hope you're right!

Best wishes,
    Laalu

Thanks for the clarification. D60 prediction is more of a snap shot prediction. You need to decide whether your Dasa & AD are favorable in D1 & D9 before coming to D60.

Thanks
    Krishna

Quote Originally Posted by KrishnaTVM View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. D60 prediction is more of a snap shot prediction. You need to decide whether your Dasa & AD are favorable in D1 & D9 before coming to D60.

Thanks
    Krishna
    ... and hopefully the nativity is not already married...? ;-)

Thread Information