Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wearing 1-14 mukhis Rudraksha

Wearing 1-14 mukhis Rudraksha

Namaste !
    I am feeling an urge to wear 1-14 mukhi Rudrakshas on neck . I really know little about Rudraksha beads . So it would be a great help if you kindly solve my queries and guide me .
    1. May I use 1-14 mukhis Rudraksha beads and the rest 5 mukhi Rudrakshas to make a 109 beads mala and wear on my neck ? Is there any other options ?
    2. Any rule of placing the Beads in the mala , such as which beads should be as the lockect , which ones to the left or so ?
    3. How to identify the active or alive beads ?
    4. Is there any side effects of wearing such mala ?
    5. May I use several numbers of 1-14 mukhi beads and the rest are 5 mukhi Rudrakshas to make a 109 beads mala ?
    6. My friend who sweats much, uses few Rudraksha beads with a gold chain . His bright brown beads are getting black . I'd it normal ? If not, any remedy ? Curious to know as I also sweat much .

Hope you would guide me .
    Namaste !

Re: Wearing 1-14 mukhis Rudraksha

Namaste RRaju ji,

There are several excellent threads on Rudraksha here in this subforum and on HDF in general. I would very much recommend doing a search and reading those, you should get answers to your questions and more. Basic answers as I understand the subject matter:
    Quote Originally Posted by RRaju View Post
    1. May I use 1-14 mukhis Rudraksha beads and the rest 5 mukhi Rudrakshas to make a 109 beads mala and wear on my neck ? Is there any other options?
    Options are quite open if you are constructing a necklace. I am not saying 'mala', as malas are for meditation and necklaces are worn for specific effects. A rudraksha mala should be made of seeds of only the same number of faces, no mixing numbers. Necklaces, bracelets etc, there's no limitations.

Go with your instinct when it comes to those and wear what you feel is good for you - but do research on the potential meanings and combination results before you construct something final, or purchase from a good vendor of authentic Rudrakshas and jewelry made with them. A heads up that the cost of any seed with 11 faces or more will be pretty high, 14 face seeds are quite expensive. If it's not expensive, it's probably not real, and if it is expensive that doesn't necessarily make it real either.
    2. Any rule of placing the Beads in the mala , such as which beads should be as the lockect , which ones to the left or so?
    Some claim there are rules for certain face groupings in jewelry, in order to get certain effects. Those claims often contradict each other between sources. It is said there are some scriptures that mention use of specific groupings as well. I haven't seen any direct quotes on passages to reference from any scriptures, regarding this particular subject, and I haven't read anything specific yet myself, but then I haven't read most scriptures yet. I have made jewelry myself, and had only great results from it. So, my own advice is to again research the meanings of each face number and stones that can be used to enhance them, and potential power groupings, and then use your instinct, go with what you feel is best.

If you mean Malas though, then the beads should all be the same number of faces, they should all be good quality, and they should be strung both all in the same direction, (nose to tail), and so the lines of the faces are all aligned. They should be strung on a natural fiber, like silk or cotton cord, the cord should be white, yellow, orange or red - signifying fire or light - and knotted tightly to each bead to keep them in place with no rotation. There should be 108, capped by a Guru-Bead that would make 109. I usually use a stone for the Guru-Bead and put the 109th rudraksha on top of that. Some say all the seeds should be of the same color, but I don't think it really matters - that's simply my own opinion.
    3. How to identify the active or alive beads?
    They are a living, swayambhu form of Sri Shiva. You need not activate them or do anything to them. They are already awake and full of their own power. You can worship them, if you want to, or you could have a Pandit bless them if you like, but that's really not necessary. Simply wear them and take care of them - wash and oil them about once a month if you wear them every day. If they're a mala, you need not ever take them off, though it's probably best to take them off when bathing, and also if they're a mala many will tell you not to use a mala you wear daily for Japa - keep a separate mala on your altar for Japa use. I'm not sure why.
    4. Is there any side effects of wearing such mala?
    Certainly, that is why people wear them, especially devotees. But if you mean bad effect? No, none.
    5. May I use several numbers of 1-14 mukhi beads and the rest are 5 mukhi Rudrakshas to make a 109 beads mala?
    Not in a mala, no. In a necklace or a bracelet or earrings, certainly, people do all the time.
    6. My friend who sweats much, uses few Rudraksha beads with a gold chain. His bright brown beads are getting black. I'd it normal? If not, any remedy? Curious to know as I also sweat much.
    This is normal. There are two reasons:
    1) Dirt and sweat do accumulate on the beads. You will need to clean them, dry them and then oil them regularly if you wear them every day. Every month or two should be fine. You will find the seeds will brighten back up to a degree after you clean them.
    2) Oxidation. Rudraksha Seeds, and even the fruit itself, is known to have a high concentration of iron. When iron oxidizes, it turns red. The seeds, as they cure and age outside of the fruit, some of the iron in them will oxidize and so the color will deepen some from the original, new color. If the seeds are well kept, the colors they turn can become very rich and warm, some turn a deep chocolate and some have mixes of colors, and some are more tan, but all of them will seem to deepen in color and glow with it when kept clean and oiled correctly.

As a manifestation of Lord Shiva, if you do wear them, treat them as you would treat Him.

~Pranam
    Last edited by Aanandinii; 07 October 2015 at 02:08 PM.
    ~~~~~
    What has Learning profited a man, if it has not led him to worship the good feet of Him who is pure knowledge itself?
    They alone dispel the mind's distress, who take refuge at the feet of the incomparable one.
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Anbe Sivamayam, Satyame Parasivam

Namastey RRaju,
    Wearing different combinations of 1 mukhi-21 mukhi is really beneficial and useful. Even if you have little knowledge on Rudraksha beads no need to worry. Even I never knew that there are different mukhis rudraksha beads also but after watching Rudraksha beads video on youtube by Sadhguru and RRST I am really amazed to see the power of Rudraksha beads. well I will try my best to justify your questions.
    1. I don't know about 109 bead mala. never heard of it. But I would suggest you to wear mala with 108 or 108+1 bead. other configurations are 54, 54+1 and 108+1 beads mala as these combinations are extensively for Japa (chanting mantras). you can combine the one's you nees and wear it as a wrist mala also.
    2. Yes there is a particular way of stringing the rudraksha beads otherwise beads don't work. Even the powerful Rudraksha beads fails to show effective results as Rudraksha works on the way of your thought, diseases and path of the planets. I would suggest you to have personal consultation with experienced healer.
    3.This question is really important.There are several ways of identification of active rudraksha. first,Cut test -cut the Rudraksha in half. It must equal number of compartments as many faces it is. but this method destroys the bead. second, water test sometimes higher rudraksha beads such as Trijuti and Gauri Shankar are joined by glue. so soak them in water for 15-20 hours a sharp discoloration will take place. The best way to get a rudraksha is from reputed dealer.
    4. No, there are no side-effects of wearing a Rudraksha mala unless it is worn according to the imbalances in you. Eg; If you feel low or your are a business men you can opt for Indrakshi or Siddha Mal since it is meant for ultimate power. So a Rudraksha mala depends on the way of your behavior.
    6. Its normal. You can wear your Rudraksha or Rudraksha mala even of you sweat. But, remember one imp thing since because if sweating dirt gets accumulated you can clean it by soaking it in water for 15-18 hours and then cleaning it with a soft brush. You can apply Sandalwood oil for keeping the freshness and fragrance of Rudraksha bead so that even your next generation can wear it.
    I hope this helps you. Would happy to answer more of your questions.
    ~hari Om

Namaste !
    Thank you for helping me .
    It seems to me that I will be clear about the power of various mukhi Rudrakshas .
    It is clear that I may use 1-14 mukhi Rudrakshas beads and 54 pieces 5 mukhi Rudrakshas to make a necklace ( garland ) .
    Only one bead of each face should be used .
    I would request you all to provide me knowledge about each face power and knotting way for the best results .
    Also about any source of good quality genuine Rudraksha beads .
    Namaste !
    Feel Proud for Being a Hindu !

Namaste Suhita ji,
    Quote Originally Posted by Suhita View Post
    1. I don't know about 109 bead mala. never heard of it. But I would suggest you to wear mala with 108 or 108+1 bead.
    108+1=109.
    2. Yes there is a particular way of stringing the rudraksha beads otherwise beads don't work. Even the powerful Rudraksha beads fails to show effective results as Rudraksha works on the way of your thought, diseases and path of the planets. I would suggest you to have personal consultation with experienced healer.
    In my experience, having worked with the seeds and made jewelry from them, for others and for myself, this is not actually true. Rudraksha are innately powerful, they are a form of Sri Shiva originating from Him, they simply work. You don't need a go between for His power to help you. It's a convenient myth spread by people who sell them to attract more customers rather than have people do their own thing. Not to say some sellers out there do not make great combinations and aren't valid healers, but they are often overpriced and no, one doesn't need them to receive benefit nor do the seeds have to be strung in a specific manner. One doesn't even have to wear them on jewelry or malas to get benefit.

That said, it's true that if one has specific needs - outside of actual medical health needs, or in complement with medical health treatment - then one should definitely consult a practiced and reputable healer before chosing the faces of Rudraksha one wears, to be sure to get the benefit one is looking for. This is also another reason to go with a reputable seller, who are also usually healers well versed in the stringing of power jewelry, particularly with complementary stones.

However, if someone is strongly drawn to certain face numbers of Rudraksha then there's probably a reason, and if that person can afford the cost, then go with that instinct.
    All of this has been extensively discussed on this forum before, with thoughts and experiences from several members here, and also some of the threads have links to known reputable dealers and healers who make power and healing jewelry, and also one or two references to dealers that are known to be bad.

As an aside, I notice you mentioned 'Sadhguru'. Do you mean Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudevji? I love the work and writing he has done, and I watch his videos as well. He is a truly enlightened soul.

~Pranam
    ~~~~~
    What has Learning profited a man, if it has not led him to worship the good feet of Him who is pure knowledge itself?
    They alone dispel the mind's distress, who take refuge at the feet of the incomparable one.
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Quote Originally Posted by Aanandinii View Post
    Namaste Suhita ji,

In my experience, having worked with the seeds and made jewelry from them, for others and for myself, this is not actually true. Rudraksha are innately powerful, they are a form of Sri Shiva originating from Him, they simply work. You don't need a go between for His power to help you. It's a convenient myth spread by people who sell them to attract more customers rather than have people do their own thing. Not to say some sellers out there do not make great combinations and aren't valid healers, but they are often overpriced and no, one doesn't need them to receive benefit nor do the seeds have to be strung in a specific manner. One doesn't even have to wear them on jewelry or malas to get benefit.
    Namastey Anandiniji,
    Every person has a different way of thinking. I believe that if you are good are something and using that knowledge for welfare of people then you must continue this not makes you lively but along with that it helps you in self-empowerment and empowering to other people at the same time. When people go wrong in life they get more hurted emotionally than physically. So When they go wrong they do wrong and behave wrong. So why not to advice them and bring them back towards positivity. I am not completely denying your words. but this is what I think.

Namaste Suhitaji,
    Quote Originally Posted by Suhita View Post
    Namastey Anandiniji,
    Every person has a different way of thinking. I believe that if you are good are something and using that knowledge for welfare of people then you must continue this not makes you lively but along with that it helps you in self-empowerment and empowering to other people at the same time. When people go wrong in life they get more hurted emotionally than physically. So When they go wrong they do wrong and behave wrong. So why not to advice them and bring them back towards positivity. I am not completely denying your words. but this is what I think.
    I'm not entirely certain I understand everything you are saying, but it seems we are in agreement in most things.

Namaste RRajuji,
    I would request you all to provide me knowledge about each face power and knotting way for the best results .
    Also about any source of good quality genuine Rudraksha beads .
    Please read through these threads:
    http://hindudharmaforums.com/showthr...ight=Rudraksha

After reading these, if you have specific questions, please do come back and ask.

~Pranamo
    ~~~~~
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Namaste !
    Thanks for such topics sharing . I read them again and again .
    Also read about Rudraksha beads in some online source .
    I came to know that these beads are for specific causes , may say for specific chakras , also for some specific diseases .
    But I don't know it clearly if anyone can use 1-14 mukhi Rudraksha beads though he has no need of all of them ( for example no diseases of three face Rudraksha ) .
    None say clearly the Number of beads with these 14 beads can be worn as necklace . Also no information about if anyone uses any particular beads more than one , as two nine faces in the necklace .
    Frankly to say I am scared little if I use such combination , will not the chakras be imbalanced ?
    I hope you may clear these .
    Namaste !

I got the replies of my queries after reading a book - The Power of Rudraksha " by Kamal Seetha .

Thanks respected Members for helping me.

I got the replies of my queries after reading a book - The Power of Rudraksha " by Kamal Seetha .

Thanks respected Members for helping me.
    Namastey,

Even I have read about this Book. Kamal Seetha is well known for deep study in the field of Rudraksha Beads. Anandiniji the links you shared are very good and clears all the facts.

~Hari Om

Thread Information