Thread: Was India poor before Islamic Invasions?

Threaded View

Re: Was India poor before Islamic Invasions?

Namaste Devotee Ji,

I dont understand why your bringing in Tiananmen square, what exactly is your point. But anyway I am not here to advertise the faults of China or India, I would be here all day if that was the case. Have you been to China, or do you only learn about China from the Internet. When one goes to China and speaks and lives with the people you will find a complete different dynamic, the projection of China from the outside and the reality is like day and night.

Without going into the demographics of politics which is usually how to measure who is the most or least corrupt, I think its good to look at how the countries are adapting to modern life but at the same time keeping its own identity. I think China in this respect from a normal perspective rather than an intellectual and historical or even going in politics is that China is way ahead of India. Change cannot be avoided, and India is struggling vastly to come into the modern world. You wont see the stark poverty on the streets but it has a larger population, crime is less and people dont pass stool and urine where ever they stand, they have far more discipline and are not going around blaming everyone else but doing very little to change things.

Like all countries it also has it problems, but it doesn't always sit around talking fancy philosophy above their realization and its a country that has galvanized itself and is in a state of repair and its done a great job if you ask me and can only go from strength to strength. And while China and the average Chinese person will complain about their government and foreign policies they usually end up doing something about it and the quality of life in China is always getting better. Its a country that went from stark poverty and just as much hardships as India but now sits on the largest $ bank reserve, and within a century is more or less a super power.

If you compare Shanghai to Delhi there is absolutely no comparison, its centuries ahead, and while the cities are vastly more modern, even more than Cities in the west, there is a feeling of culture, and if you go to any normal home in China they will have a very good balance between modern and traditional aesthetic.

While I agree that the dynamics and many other things are different between China and India and they can't be carbon copied there is much to learn from how the Chinese have dealt with coming into the modern world but remain their own power, when to me it just seems that India is all for show, the government says it wants to protect its own culture and identity but in the background is selling the values of what real India is to the highest bidder.

Ask your average Chinese person what they think about foreign influence, most the time they will say they dont care about what the rest of the world is doing and what has done but how they react to the problem and their own sense of patriotism to their own country is far more important.

http://fortune.com/2015/01/25/india-...xt-superpower/

http://thediplomat.com/2015/03/what-...rn-from-china/

https://www.quora.com/What-can-India...arn-from-India

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/06/21/make-...rom-china.html

Lets just look at one sector within India and compare it to China, the railway system. Does the Indian Railway system make a loss year after year. Now from my experience I first caught a train in India in 1993, my last was this year 2015, the only real change and upgrade of the trains is that people can now charge their mobile phones, and perhaps a few new engines which is probably done out of necessity rather than advancement, its still just as shabby as it was 22 years ago, and the train journey times are pretty much the same. What ever profits has been made has not been reinvested in the railways infrastructure, I guess that is an outside influence problem too. But any country knows just how important railway and road systems are for a healthy economy. India is not a poor country, it lack discipline and is absurdly corrupt.

I worked for a few months with Buddhist in Bihar who were reaching out to the dalits, helping them with education and basic amenities just for survival. i know stories that would make any decent Indian hide his head in shame just how corrupt and exploitative Indians can be to their own people, its worse than barbaric.

Then as followers of Dharma to different degrees how is the protection of Holy lands being preserved, the most sacred aspect of India, not very much in all honesty, the temples are run by Gundas far to often and corruption of the very thing that gives India its main identity is not checked. Jagganatha Puri is a mess if you ask me due to the tourist industry, are the temples aiding the well being of the economy , not to my knowledge. Sri Krsna is one of the most loved Gods in India, and the crown jewel of Vedic knowledge could well be the Bhagavad Gita, but is the holy land of Vrndavan being maintain as the most sacred place, even Mecca is more looked after than Vrndavan, Yamuna river is hot topic, which has been replaced with local sewer water, and the government will not let the real Yamuna takes its rightful path through Vrndavana unless it proves to be economically viable, how shameful is that. Again this is everyone else faults apart from Indians.

As I say Indians need to take a good hard and long look at themselves and stop complaining about history as the only cause of its demise, the future is in the hands of Indians and nobody else, lets see what your made of.

I hope nobody is offended by my post, as you say I know nothing.
    Last edited by markandeya 108 dasa; 29 September 2015 at 05:51 AM.

Thread Information