Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hanuman - Why is he associated with Tuesday and Saturday?

Re: Hanuman - Why is he associated with Tuesday and Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by bhaswathy View Post
    Dear friend ,
    Hanuman was said to be born on Saturday and he met Sitha on tuesday .Thus those two days are important in Hanumath sadhana
    Namaste,
    These are interesting details hitherto unknown to me. My understanding is that Hanuman is one among the Ekadasa Rudras (devatas since Upanishadic times) and hence all days are preferred for his worship. As for these stories associating him with Sani Deva, I have not seen them in Valmiki Ramayana. Guess some other Ramayana?

Quote Originally Posted by Viraja View Post
    Namaste,

An interesting conversation erupted between my mother and me. I told her that in North India, Hanuman ji is represented with Sindoor smeared all over, signifying Mangal (Mars). And that because of this signification (for which I know not the reason) and for similar reasons, Tuesdays and Saturdays are auspicious to Hanuman ji. My mother said this is not so, and that only Thursdays are auspicious for Hanuman ji.

I would like to know the real reason behind associated any particular days of the week behind Hanuman ji worship.

Thanks.
    Hanuman Ji was born on the full moon day (Purnima) of the month Chaitra on Tuesday. That's the reason, every year when Chaitra month’s full moon day comes, his birth-day is ceremonised, which is known as shri Hanuman Jayanti and Tuesday is considered very auspicious day to worship Hanumanji.
    Shri Vrindavan Dham

Dear friend ,
    The details are given in Parasarisamhitha. I don't exactly remember the relavent quote at this point of time . When Ravanasura wanted to conquer all the lokas ,he made a penance and asked for a boon that he could never be killed b y any being . In his arrogance he didn't mention monkeys and humans. It proved to be his bane . When the right opportune time came for his demise , Sri mahavishnu took the form of Rama and shiva took the form of Hanuman . It is said all the 33 million devas took the forms of other monkies , Brahma took the form of Jambavanth.All of them did the task .

Dear friends,
    According to Parasara samhitha , Hanuman was born on vaisakha bahula dasami , in poorvabhadra star , koundinyasa gothram on Saturday . In fact in south India many places celebrate Hanuman jayanthi on that day . But , of course it is celebrated on the said date given by our friend also , for reasons best known to them .

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by bhaswathy View Post
    Sri mahavishnu took the form of Rama and shiva took the form of Hanuman . It is said all the 33 million devas took the forms of other monkies , Brahma took the form of Jambavanth.All of them did the task .
    Vishnu, Shiva, Brahma and 33 million devas, all had to come together in different forms to eliminate Raavan? He must have been one powerful man.

Pranam.

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namaste

Within the mahābhārata we find hanuman-ji ( some prefer writing hanumān-ji) . Due to being a son of vāyu or māruta ,
    'the wind' he then is a ~natural~ brother of bhīma, one of the 5 pāṇḍavaḥ.

If we fast forward to the bhāgavad gītā we will find that arjun holds the flag ( banner) of hanuman-ji on his chariot.
    Why did arjun choose this among many symbols ?

iti śivaṁ
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Dear friends ,
    As far as my knowledge goes , there is no specific reason ascribed for getting Hanuman to be selected as the flag sign of Arjun's chariot except that shiva and vishnu are the two supreme powers and Hanuman was considered to be an amsha of Shiva where as Krishna was swayam Vishnu.Hanuman is Vayuputhra , but the amsha of shiva.

Dear friend ,
    Ravanasura was the mightest of asuras and had a specific reason ,rather curse , for taking the birth as Ravana .

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namaste

Within the mahābhārata we find hanuman-ji ( some prefer writing hanumān-ji) . Due to being a son of vāyu or māruta ,

If we fast forward to the bhāgavad gītā we will find that arjun holds the flag ( banner) of hanuman-ji on his chariot.

iti śivaṁ
    Namaste Yajvan ji,

I do not know the answer to your question: "Why did Arjuna choose to hold Hanuman-ji's image on his chariot's flag?". I look forward to hearing the answer from you.

Thank you.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namaste

iti śivaṁ
    Namaste

1. Hanuman and Bheem are both Pavan-suta i.e. VAyu-putra.
    Shri KRshNa put the Dwaja (flag) of Hanuman on top of the Chariot to make it run at wind-speed (very high speed of Pavan). This I think is also connected to Shri Ram saying in Treta that Hanuman will hhave this honour in Dvapar. Of course, HanumAn being Chiranjeevi (very long life span across yugas) He continued to worship Shri RAm as Shri KRshNa even thru' dvApar. He was given this honour by KRshNa.

KRshNa was Arjun's charioteer also because those horses and those ropes were not easy to handle. => The living being cannot handle the stormy worldly existence without BhagavAn's help. He controls.

2. When Bheem went in search of the special Lotuses for Draupadi in the forest where they - Pandava were 'in exile' time (vanvAs) a very old 'monkey' blocked the entrance to the special garden of those Lotuses with His long tail which Bheem could not lift, and then Hanuman revealed His identity to Bheem saying He is Bheem's older brother.

At the time Hanuman promised Bheem that He will be present at the Mahabharat war and His blessings will be there. He was there in the form of this dhwaja that made KRshNArjuna shariot run at wind-speed.

May have missed something ....
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Thread Information