Thread: Finding spirituality

Finding spirituality

Namastey,

Spirituality is an individual's search for sacred. Some chant mantras, Some buy spiritual Rosaries and some of them opt for Puja. But the connection of every different mode of worship is God. Even I have seen some people fill themselves with Spiritual malas, Gemstone rings and Rudraksha's. Does all these things work? Because Spirituality is associated to Sahasrara Chakra which is the habitat of Lord Shiva and located on crown of the head.
    Can listening to spiritual music, wearing spiritual rosaries and meditation accessories help us to take path of spiritual communication?

~Hari Om

Re: Finding spirituality

Namaste,

To me a determination to strive for inner transformation is the key to spirituality. Chanting/meditation/puja/yoga and observing all other practices are means to help mold the human inner self into elevating one's consciousness to something closer to God. (Mere) Mechanical performances are nothing but a facade and waste of time. Association with like minded people (other devotees) helps with the journey and gets you to your destination faster. But it all has to start with a desire and a pledge to initiate an inner transformation. Without that studying and memorizing an untold number of sanskrit shastras might make a person look smart; but if the inside is hollow then there will not even be a hint of spirituality around such a soul.

Pranam.
    Last edited by Believer; 01 November 2015 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Clarified the views by adding the word 'Mere'

Namaste ji,
    Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    To me a determination to strive for inner transformation is the key to spirituality. Chanting/meditation/puja/yoga and observing all other practices are means to help mold the human inner self into elevating one's consciousness to something closer to God. Mechanical performances are nothing but a facade and waste of time. Association with like minded people (other devotees) help with the journey and get you to your destination faster. But it all has to start with a desire and a pledge to initiate an inner transformation.
    Couldn't be said better.

I would only add: Symbols are useful as focal tools. Some have energy, but that energy is meaningless or inert to one who can't see it and then harness it properly, similar to mantras in many ways. Symbols themselves do not bring transformation. The symbol should remain a tool only. When it becomes how you identify yourself and relied upon to do something with little to no effort of the user, or wearer, it becomes a part of ego only, and is only of use to the merchant in lining their pockets.

~Pranam
    ~~~~~
    What has Learning profited a man, if it has not led him to worship the good feet of Him who is pure knowledge itself?
    They alone dispel the mind's distress, who take refuge at the feet of the incomparable one.
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Anbe Sivamayam, Satyame Parasivam

Namaste Suhita Ji.

Believer Ji has said it aptly & crisply.

This is my thought on the subject.

Yes they can.

For majority of us folks, our path to liberation (i.e , knowing our true nature and hence escaping the cycle of births & deaths) spans multiple lifetimes, evolving with many bodily existences . It takes many births for humans to evolve from mere brutes to those who start searching for the meaning/reason of existence and reach the path of spirituality. Once someone lands on the path of spirituality - rosaries/ songs / temple/church/mosque visits - everything contribute to this evolution. The person singing bhajans is fully capable of reaching the ultimate goal in their own lifetime. All it takes for them is to come in contact with a great soul. Vice versa is true also - there are realized folks who have been recorded singing & dancing on the streets with no care. Those who miss the final goal while on their current body will comeback with another body and work toward the progression.

The key point for those who are in the higher path like the one you mention is not to slight the ones on the other paths & thus play into the maya via the boosted ego .

I have seen some great seers participate in all these with much gusto with common masses without expecting any benefits to themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    Namaste Suhita Ji.

Believer Ji has said it aptly & crisply.

This is my thought on the subject.

Yes they can.

For majority of us folks, our path to liberation (i.e , knowing our true nature and hence escaping the cycle of births & deaths) spans multiple lifetimes, evolving with many bodily existences . It takes many births for humans to evolve from mere brutes to those who start searching for the meaning/reason of existence and reach the path of spirituality. Once someone lands on the path of spirituality - rosaries/ songs / temple/church/mosque visits - everything contribute to this evolution. The person singing bhajans is fully capable of reaching the ultimate goal in their own lifetime.
    ~Hari Om

Namastey Seeker,
    I agree with you. It is rightly said God is Omnipresent. He is along with us on every path. Temples, Songs, Bhajans and mystic beads are form or a way to remember his presence. There have many instances with some specific people that You just need to believe in God i.e believe in spirituality Things automatically comes on correct path. But Spirituality has now moved on to wrong direction. People donate heavy Gold and money to the God. But what if same is actually done to needy. Like donation, charity and offering Bhoj to the pandits and needy. Serving the needy is serving to God. But I believe in Bhagwatgeeta, Ramayana and Mahabharata. All these spiritual books have so many moral and important values that makes an individual awake in every situation in life.
    Last edited by Suhita; 29 October 2015 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Greetings

I would only add: Symbols are useful as focal tools. Some have energy, but that energy is meaningless or inert to one who can't see it and then harness it properly, similar to mantras in many ways.
    Namastey Anandiniiji,
    I have always been chanting the OM and Gayatri Mantra since it has a intense effect on mind and Body. And I have read and heard about the power of chanting OM or as said 'AUM'. But do I really need some Spiritual Rosaries or Other Holy items for chanting mantras as stated in this Article: http://www.rudraksha-ratna.com/medit...tems_125.html5. This article talks on gaining Samadhi for spirituality. But as You said The symbol should remain a tool only I agree with you on this point. Symbol makes an Individual to feel the presence of divine.
    ~Hari Om

Thread Information