Thread: HELLO EVERYONE

HELLO EVERYONE

hello HDF,

Myself Naman, Basically I write Short articles on Rudraksha, Gemstones and Chakras. Love to enlighten God and Spirituality.

~OM

Re: HELLO EVERYONE

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté & hello,

Welcome. We look for ward to your posts and insights.

FYI - if
    we write you name in this manner ,nā́man & using devanāgarī script it looks like this नामन् ; it is defined as a characteristic mark or sign , form , nature , kind , manner. So, nā́man also means name ( which fulfills the definition of a mark or sign); yet it can also mean 'essence' or 'substance' .

iti śivaṁ

यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Welcome to the forums, Naman !

Yajvan ji, yes, Naman can think over your suggestions ! However, for those who may be curious : ""Naman" means "PraNAm" / Greeting with respect / Bowing to show respect.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Quote Originally Posted by devotee View Post
    Welcome to the forums, Naman !

Yajvan ji, yes, Naman can think over your suggestions ! However, for those who may be curious : ""Naman" means "PraNAm" / Greeting with respect / Bowing to show respect.
    OM
    My orientation is slightly different... that is , namas is a bow; obeisance , reverential salutation , adoration by gesture or word . I myself do not find a word naman
    that aligns to this thinking i.e. that naman = namas . Yet most will recognize this namas as namaḥ and that gets one's comfort back to a form people easily recognize.

By the grammar rules, replacing a word-sound ending in 's' with visarga or commonly known as ( or the devanāgarī symbol : ) is possible and we get nama
    ḥ.

How did I get there ? The visarga
    saṃdhí rule -
    The final letters 's' and 'r' may be changed to visarga (ḥ). There are words originally ending in 's' or 'r', yet visarga can be substituted based upon these secondary rules:

• the final 's' of a word ( such as namas) followed by any letter or by nothing.
    • the final 'r' of a word followed by a hard consonant or by nothing.

As always I am happy to hear your thoughts on this and any delinquency I may have in my application , or another view I have missed.

iti śivaṁ

यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Namaste Yajvan ji,

You are trying to see the word in Sanskrit language. However, in Hindi "Naman" is frequently used in the sense I have stated in my post above. A great poet RAmdhAri Singh Dinkar has written :

"Kisko naman karoon main BhArat, Kisko naman karoon main" ===> O' BhArat (India), who should I bow to ? Who should I bow to ?

This word "Naman" is well known name in Hindi used for Boys.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Namaste,

Welcome to the forum.

Pranam.

PS, For the curious, as Devotee has stated, NAMN (or Naman) is a hindi word written in Devnagri script as नम्न (or incorrectly as नमन ) and he has aptly defined its meaning/connotation.

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté and hello devotee,

Quote Originally Posted by devotee View Post
    Namaste Yajvan ji,

You are trying to see the word in Sanskrit language. However, in Hindi "Naman" is frequently used in the sense I have stated in my post above. A great poet RAmdhAri Singh Dinkar has written :

"Kisko naman karoon main BhArat, Kisko naman karoon main" ===> O' BhArat (India), who should I bow to ? Who should I bow to ?

This word "Naman" is well known name in Hindi used for Boys.

OM
    Yes, you are correct ... my orientation was all sanskrit based... I know little to nothing ( more on the nothing side) when it comes to hindi.

Thank you for the clarifications.

iti śivaṁ
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Thread Information