Thread: Narak Chaturdashi

Narak Chaturdashi

Namastey Everyone,

Today is the second Day of Diwali known as Narak Chaturdashi (yamandeep) in India. Lord Yama is the legend associated behind this day. It says;
    King Hima's 16 yr old son was to die because of Snake bite. His wife had predicted the danger to him and did not allow him to sleep the whole night. Know more on what all things she did to keep her husband awake and how lord Yama is signified for the Narak Chaturdashi day.
    ~Hari Om
    Last edited by Suhita; 09 November 2015 at 09:57 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Re: Narak Chaturdashi

Quote Originally Posted by Suhita View Post
    Namastey Everyone,

Today is the second Day of Diwali known as Narak Chaturdashi (yamandeep) in India. Lord Yama is the legend associated behind this day. It says;

~Hari Om
    Namaste

YamaDeep Daan is on the evening of Dhantrayodashi when you place the deep (lamp) facing south.
    The story of Savitri et al is applicable then

NarkaChaturdashi is when Shri KRshNa along with SatyabhAmA destroyed NarkAsur (and Mur) and army, hence called MurArI. Then He comes home to DwArkA and is given an abhyanga snAna with oil, scents and herbals.

Did I miss something? As far as I know there is no connection of Yama deep daan with NarkaChaturdashi
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Re: Narak Chaturdashi

Quote Originally Posted by smaranam View Post
    Namaste

YamaDeep Daan is on the evening of Dhantrayodashi when you place the deep (lamp) facing south.
    The story of Savitri et al is applicable then

NarkaChaturdashi is when Shri KRshNa along with SatyabhAmA destroyed NarkAsur (and Mur) and army, hence called MurArI. Then He comes home to DwArkA and is given an abhyanga snAna with oil, scents and herbals.

Did I miss something? As far as I know there is no connection of Yama deep daan with NarkaChaturdashi
    please refer : http://www.rudraksha-ratna.com/dhanteras.html

~Hari Om

Thread Information