Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Direct Intervention From Shiva or Any other God?

Direct Intervention From Shiva or Any other God?

I have been praying fervently to Ganesha for the past ten months. He has helped me in some ways and steered me away from my fears.
    However, a few months ago, I got this vibe from Ganesha that I should contact his Father Lord Shiva to completely remove my problems.
    Since then I have prayed to him in different forms. He definitely blesses me with small mercies but I am not able to rid myself of the initial problem.
    Is there any way I can connect with him better? I feel like when I am talking he is there listening but I don't have "goggles" to see him. Occasionally, I have this premonition that he has agreed to help but then he wants to me do something before that like eg. visit Ujjain, have a conversation with my Grandmother, Donate money etc. I know all this is for my spiritual upliftment but I think I am getting closer, I just a better connection to hasten the process.

I know Shiva is Bholenaath. He understands us and is with us like a Father carrying through our difficult times and even removing them altogether. He is also quickly pleased and eager to help those who turn to him I have heard of normal people who have previously had no spiritual experiences having direct contact with him....speaking to him....during which he soothes his devotee.
    Has anyone any had any Shiva related miracles that cannot be explained by anything but magic? I have heard of one where Shiva even changed the past for his devotee and washed away the sins. Only the devotee retained memory of it.

Any experiences of this kind or direct intervention from Shiva?
    Any encouraging input would be great!!

Re: Direct Intervention From Shiva or Any other God?

Namaste
    Quote Originally Posted by myth View Post
    Any experiences of this kind or direct intervention from Shiva?
    Yes and Yes.

However, why do you want to "hasten" the "process" ? What process? and hasten what?

What is more important to you? Shiva's Love or getting something done? I understand there are difficulties in life and we want BhagvAn to make things straight -- however --- y
    ou want His association more than anything,

this is how a premi bhakta would think. The bhakta also has such deep trust in the Lord that He will make things straight, that all worries melt away. The premi's mind is filled with the IshTa and only IshTa -- it is not their job to worry about future or present although they continue doing their duties -- kartavya karma the best they can without thinking and worrying of the outcome.

Think about it.

Hari takes all your material worries away till your whole perspective of life changes, your priorities change, your goals change, and they you think ..... "yes, so what did I come to You for in the first place? Oh I forgot! But You are SO BEAUTIFUL!!! May my eyes feast on your beauty! May my mind be filled with You alone!"

mere man-mandir me , man ke Angan me hi raho ShyAm, nisa-dina ...
    [Oh GhanaShyAm (KRshNa) , please live in the Temple of my mind, gardens of my mind, day and night]
    Last edited by smaranam; 15 November 2015 at 08:31 AM.
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

However, why do you want to "hasten" the "process" ? What process? and hasten what?

The process of connecting with him.....having one on one conversations with him.

What is more important to you? Shiva's Love or getting something done? I understand there are difficulties in life and we want BhagvAn to make things straight -- however --- if you really really have met Him, all these things should have fallen on the side by now.

I am trying to get both. My problems are looming over me and I am unable to shun them aside unless he helps me. I am not able to worship more than I am right now unless he removes my problems as I am a little disturbed.

Do you really want to "hasten the process" and make Shiva go away from you ?! Certainly not. You want His association more than anything,

Why will be begging for his assistance turn him away? I desperate to seek him.

kartavya karma the best they can without thinking and worrying of the outcome.

I am not denying I am in a problem because of my own doing. But I further seek his divine intervention....his miracles.....his grace.....his love.....his compassion.

A friend of mine who turned who Shiva witnessed a major miracles within 2 years of her turning to Him. She was worried about two incidents which took place in her life and could not proceed till her past was rectified. For two years she yearned for his assistance. She cried to him. Prayed to him. She suddenly called me one day and exclaimed "it happened". I was very puzzled. She said ofcourse, I didn't know because according to the world it never happened. She then went on to tell me the whole story. After nearly 2 years of praying, she heard a voice the night before saying "It has been done my child". It passed it off as a vivid dream and went to sleep as the days progressed she realized there was no mental of physical proof of those incidents. She even said I knew about them but I didn't. She said he cleaned her timeline. She could see him pull out those two events and break them in half. My friend believes this to divine intervention. She has been so enamoured by Lord Shiva since then.
    I am not doubting my friend's bhakti or needs but I was curious to know of other people who have experience such jumps or miracles which cannot be explained any other way?

but I was curious to know of other people who have experience such jumps or miracles which cannot be explained any other way?
    Which you already got the answer to -- "yes and yes"
    Since you said further
    that is why I wrote all the other things.

I was trying to show the abandoned attitude of the bhakta as they approach Parameshwar.
    samarpaN, shraddhA, prapatti, sharaNAgati (do not want to give English equivalents at this point)

So, from what you are saying,
    1. You want a one-on-one interaction with Shiva
    2. You want Him to solve your problems as well

all I can tell you is
    -- have shraddhA - trust and faith
    -- leave all your worries at His Lotus Feet
    -- When you leave Shiva's Temple for instance, you should feel good, safe, and relieved, trusting Shiva that He has listened to you. That you are in safest hands.
    -- GaNEsh pointed to Shiva - this is typical. Shiva may send someone else / in some other form to you. So please be open.
    -- Show reverence for the priests at the Temple, take their blessings
    -- Do not keep expectations in Love. Just love Him with all your heart.
    -- Engage yourself in learning more about Him and what He really wants you to do, what will please Him? How does Shiva want you to change?
    a good example is what Shri KRshNa says in Bhagvad Gita , and especially "...such a devotee is very dear to Me" is what He wants me to learn, do , be etc. That will catch His attention.

Please do not think this applies just to you - it is a general post that can help anyone.
    Last edited by smaranam; 15 November 2015 at 09:05 AM.
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Dear friend ,
    long back it happened in Rameshwaram . In the night at 12.30 or so , I was sitting in front of the sea .I was in a half conscious state and it was neither sleep nor wakeful state . All of a sudden I had a vision where I saw a gigantic figure nearly 100 or more feet tall. He had a trishulam in his hand . There was a body lying at his feet which was covered with a thin veil .He looked at me, with the trishulam he removed the veil and threw it off . With a start I came to reality .That vision gave me the idea that I should spend the twilight of my life in varanasi at the of shiva . since some experiences like this , give an insight of the spiritual essence , I am sharing this with all my brothers and sisters here , though there is every likelihood of being laughed at . Sadhana according to me is t reach out to others who are in need , whether it is money or help or seva or just giving emotional support if not any thing else.Again this is a message given to me by Hanuman who is my Ishtadevatha .

Namaste,

At Rameshwaram, I have had some special experiences but I prefer not share them on this forum. Lord Shiva certainly helps, if you have faith in Him. However, please don't expect Him to act as per your desires. Have faith that He knows and understands your problems better. So, we must keep sharing with Him our problems ... but accept His will with all love and devotion towards Him. We all have to work out our share of karmas in one way or the other. It is better let it happen, if the time for their fruition has come than avoid that. Yes, Lord Shiva will see to it that it is not unbearable to you.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

I cannot quite agree with that. While Shiva experiences are unique and some people might like to keep them private, prayer can change even karma. As we have seen in Markandeya's case.
    But Yes, as you said, I do think faith is key here.

If I may add, day before yesterday, I did have a very brief dream of Shiva and Parvati together. Some light from them shown towards me and I got up with a start!! When I opened my eyes, I saw nothing.
    I don't know whether this is because I have been praying hard or whether it is a sign of something that may happen because nothing has changed in my situation yet. Any ideas??

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté

I don't know whether this is because I have been praying hard or whether it is a sign of something that may happen because nothing has changed in my situation yet.

Can you assist me? The notion of 'praying hard' is foreign to me. What exactly is it? How does one pray 'hard' ?

iti śivaṁ
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

I am unsure as to whether you are genuinely asking me or whether you intend to mock what I said but I will take in the best sense possible
    When I said "praying hard", I meant praying with faith and with all your heart and throughout the day without sparing even a second.
    I think you will find more information here: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...5081702AA2UhSg
    I hope this was helpul.

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté

I am unsure as to whether you are genuinely asking me or whether you intend to mock what I said but I will take in the best sense possible
    When I said "praying hard", I meant praying with faith and with all your heart and throughout the day without sparing even a second.
    I think you will find more information here: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...5081702AA2UhSg
    I hope this was helpul.

Please feel comfortable that I have no intention of mocking you nor anyone on HDF. 'Praying hard' is foreign to me for a few reasons...
    I take delight in the Supreme, I avoid heaviness, I avoid petitioning the Supreme for more. Why so? Why am I in need of any more diversity?
    I surely have no need for more differentiated awareness of the world. What could I possible require that would be anything less of bathing
    in Him ?

I am encouraged by utpaladevacāra¹ and his writings of the śivastortāvalī which he says, wherever one finds the Supreme, His presence it is worth having; he continues and says, wherever you (Lord) are not found, that is worth abandoning.

Another matter which is not related to your response, but to HDF:
    It is our custom to begin a post with some hello, some salutation, a greeting. We kindly ask to join in on this custom when you post. It has been our way for some 9-10 years. It sets the tone for the post
    and the reader.

iti śivaṁ

1. utpaladevācārya – utpala+deva+ācārya utpala = blossoming, any flower + deva = divine, of highest excellence + ācārya is the master, knowing or teaching the ācāra or rules,
    the spiritual guide. Utpaladevācārya was a luminary within kaśmir śaivism. This work I am quoting from is the śivastortāvalī , devotional to its core.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Thread Information