Thread: Ishta Devata and your birth

Ishta Devata and your birth

Namaste

I am a beginner in this field mostly reading my own horoscope. I SEE an undeniable connection between my birthand my Ishta Devata...

Is it a real understanding or I am trying to fantasize?

Kindly share your views
    Anirudh...

Re: Ishta Devata and your birth

Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh View Post
    Namaste

I am a beginner in this field mostly reading my own horoscope. I SEE an undeniable connection between my birthand my Ishta Devata...

Kindly share your views
    This area is one purely of faith-belief. Why spoil your experience with doubts...? :-)

Happy Deepavali!

A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté
    Namaste
    Regarding iṣṭa-devatā – perhaps you can look at these posts( shown below) and they will assist you in your opinion.
    The approach (for calculating) is clearly called out in the jyotiśhāstra-s ; I can think of 2 luminaries that have these calculations in their work¹.

http://hindudharmaforums.com/showthr...adevata-Part-1
    http://hindudharmaforums.com/showthr...adevata-Part-2
    http://hindudharmaforums.com/showthr...ighlight=Ishta

iti śivaṁ
    words

• luminaries that offer calculations for one's iṣṭa-devatā :
      • mahāṛṣi (mahārishi) parāśara , the author of the brihat-parāśara-horā-śāstra
      • mahāṛṣi (mahārishi) jaimini offering his jaimini sūtra-s. Jaimini was a student (śiṣya) of veda vyāsa , the one who compiled the veda-s; also known as kṛṣṇa dvaipāyana.

यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Thank you Rohiniranjan ji and Yajvan ni... Happy Diwali...

Must have done a search before requesting that info. Thanks for those links.

Most of times, I arrive at a point only to be told that solutions to the problems/searches was always around me. It is we who mess up the flow or seek right things at the wrong place.

My next search is explore why did I take birth....

Thanks again to both of you...
    Anirudh...

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté

If you find this 'I'
    (ahaṃ) in wholeness, in fullness, verses ahaṃkaraṇa ( ego or 'me'ness) your questions will be resolved...
    and in my humble opinion a better use of one's precious time. Again that is me, others many vary.

iti śivaṁ
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Thank you Rohiniranjan ji and Yajvan ni... Happy Diwali...

Must have done a search before requesting that info. Thanks for those links.

Most of times, I arrive at a point only to be told that solutions to the problems/searches was always around me. It is we who mess up the flow or seek right things at the wrong place.

Thanks again to both of you...
    If a question arises during a sincere quest, as I presume is true in your case, there is no harm in asking like you have done, Anirudh! :-) Sometimes that saves a lot of time and effort. Most folks (nativities seeking a reading and others who are on a path of learning the craft of divination) tend to focus on worldly issues of jobs, marriage, education, health, wealth, parenthood, auspicious timings, etc. You seem to be interested in using astrology as a tool for deeper and more personal purposes of self-discovery and understanding the fundamental uncertainty that plague individuals with a richer inner-life. It is commendable of course, but do remember that astrology is but one tool! In fact, and going by the revelations and sharings of realized spiritual beings they tend to recommend more intensive and subjective paths for the purposes of self-discovery. So while astrology may seem like a good approach, please treat it as a 'launching-pad' as opposed to it being the swimming-pool of Knowing, if you follow my analogy. In matters of deep self-discoveries, astrology can sometimes become astray-logy if relied upon too literally and religiously!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

Thread Information