Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is spirituality associated to Sahasrara Chakra?

Why is spirituality associated to Sahasrara Chakra?

Namastey,

Spirituality in divinity means an individual search for sacred. Spiritual malas, devotional songs and mantras all have different meaning for every different individual. What I feel and think is that once we believe in something we start finding its meaning and implement it. I don't know why it is said that spiritualism is associated to Sahasrara Chakra which is called as abode of Lord Shiva. This chakra is said to be located at the crown of head. Once Kundalini gets associated to Lord Shiva an individual attains the state of super conscious state.

Does it mean that if I start practicing Sahasrara Chakra Sadhana then will I be able to reach the state of Super Conscious?

~Hari Om

Re: Why is spirituality associated to Sahasrara Chakra?

Namaste Suhita,

Quote Originally Posted by Suhita View Post
    Does it mean that if I start practicing Sahasrara Chakra Sadhana then will I be able to reach the state of Super Conscious?
    My advice is that you must have a True Guru before you try this.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Vannakkam Suhita: That's very high stuff. My personal belief is that this sort of mystical knowledge was at one time kept secret by the sages, swamis, and saints, like Tirumular, Patanjali, and others. Somehow, over time, the knowledge was let out of the bag into more common people, which over more time degenerated even further into intellectual discussion, or mere intellectual knowledge. Hence we see all too often behaviour not matching what was outlined ... people making claims of how they're functioning in a certain chakra, and then getting all angry when someone confronts them. (All show and no glow.)

Lifetimes of committed study under a Guru, ridiculously high levels of self-control including celibacy, clear insight, peaceful calm vibration at all times, shiny eyes, ability to sit still for 3 or 4 hours, ... all this much higher stuff would indicate a soul functioning in the higher chakras.

Until then, let's keep it simple, like being nice to other people we encounter, living dharma to the best of our ability, etc.

But hey, that's just me.

Aum Namasivaya

I always believed that our karmas (or imprints from the past) always define the state/status of our 7 chakras and that if we proactively worked on fine-tuning and opening all the chakras, we would be able to wipe out past sins and progress spiritually much faster. Therefore I agree with the view stated in the OP that practicing Sahasrara Chakra meditation would give us super consciousness... Ofcourse this is my personal opinion. Thanks.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Lifetimes of committed study under a Guru, ridiculously high levels of self-control including celibacy, clear insight, peaceful calm vibration at all times, shiny eyes, ability to sit still for 3 or 4 hours, ... all this much higher stuff would indicate a soul functioning in the higher chakras.
    I am missing 'shiny eyes' part of the equation; perhaps that is the reason for my soul functioning in the lower chakras.

Pranam.

Until then, let's keep it simple, like being nice to other people we encounter, living dharma to the best of our ability, etc.
    Aum Namasivaya
    Yes very well said. I do agree with your words. I have seen many videos and read articles on Sahasrara Chakra and Sahasrara Chakra Sadhana. It feels very nice to see and listen but it is very difficult to implement.

Are wealth, contentment, gratitude part of Sahasrara Chakra? as you said that we should be nice to people we meet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b2EN5tLe8w
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5mXDshhHqc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thZr2OiTpN0

These Videos explains about the Sahasrara Chakra Sadhana. They don't explain the spiritual way of doing it but I would ned some advice on these for awakening Kundalini.

~Hari Om

Namastey Viraja,

Do I need some meditation music or any Guru to guide me for Sahasrara Chakra Sadhana?

~Hari Om

Namaste Suhita,

EM has advised you correctly and I too have advised you to have a proper Guru before doing such SAdhana instead of copying what is there on YouTube. Anyway, it is your decision which matters.

SahasrAr Chakra is the highest Chakra located near the crown of head. Activation of this Chakra leads you to the Ultimate Reality. It is not related to wealth and worldly things. It is related with the Ultimate Reality that you are.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Namaste,

The following link might be useful,
    http://www.sahajayoga.org/default.asp

I am not a practitioner of Sahaj Yoga but have seen people who do and they are some of the calmest people I have ever met.

Pranam.

Quote Originally Posted by devotee View Post
    Namaste Suhita,

EM has advised you correctly and I too have advised you to have a proper Guru before doing such SAdhana instead of copying what is there on YouTube. Anyway, it is your decision which matters.

OM
    Namastey,

You have only advised above proper Guru. Advice is not only the solution. Understanding the things in deep and existence in reality is somewhat needed.

~Hari Om

Thread Information