Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apaana Vayu and menstruation issue

Re: Apaana Vayu and menstruation issue

For the same reason you mentioned , even japa & dhyana are also not encouraged .That thamas makes mind to go astray and some evil forces could enter the disturbed mind , because Asuric forces always try to pounce upon disturbed souls.

Quote Originally Posted by anirvan View Post
    As far as my knowledge is concerned, women are free to do Japa,dhyana,prayers and manas puja even during mense,but restricted to do physical puja and yogic sadhna.

physical puja is barred because high level of TAMAah (due to raja,counterpart of sukra in man). Because of this high tamash energy,they are barred to touch deities,other male members of family too.
    Thank you for this explanation, Sir.

Also many thanks Saswathy, ji.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Namaste Viraja,

Quote Originally Posted by Viraja View Post
    Can apaana vayu ever be connected to muladhara? (Since muladhara is presided by Ganapathi, and is the residence of Kundalini, I thought if there is truth in this question, there is a possibility for the menstruation taboo to have emerged from this).

I understand so far there is no scientific evidence gleaned reg. the menstruation issue and possibly none will emerge out of my question here. But I may hold on to my beliefs and keep researching, asking questions, and this answer might help me do that.
    Apana Vayu has a role to play in Kunadalini Sadhana. However, this is not a vidya which should be learnt over internet. I can say only this on this issue here :

In some Yoga-sadhana, Yogis focus on ApAna Vayu and try to move it upwards. This ApAna VAyu strikes again and again against MUlAdhAr Chakra in the process and Kundalini lying in the MUlAdhAr Chakra gets heated. This causes Kundalini which lies sleeping in a coil form like a snake to get straightened as a sleeping snake does on getting disturbed in this manner.

However, my humble request is that no one reading this post should try this unless he does it under guidance of an accomplished Yogi.

Regarding menstruation issue, I tend to agree with Anirvan. I would like to add here that all feelings of purity and impurity are related with mental state rather than being "really impure" or "really pure". What you feel is more important. This menstruation stuff and sense of being impure has nothing to do with Yoga-sAdhna.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

ONLY a woman understands what I am trying to say . Regarding delivery pains also , only a WOMAN understands , but a man can never understand try however he may . Of course that is not the topic which we are discussing here.The point of discussion about the purity is different in thanthra where the rules and logic are different.A real sadhana in the begining stages is fruitful when mental as well as physical shuddhi is present . For a person who crosses all the physical and mental contraints and who has far advanced in his sadhana , these things really do not matter .

Thank you very much for this message, devotee ji. Your narration how the Kundalini sadhana actually takes place is very, very interesting! I will not try it, though.

Also thanks for the note on menstruation issue.

Warm regards,

Viraja
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Thread Information