Thread: Anyone take the Art Of Living Happiness Program?

Anyone take the Art Of Living Happiness Program?

I recently read an interesting article on Yahoo about researchers who taught the Art Of Living SKY breathing sequence to subjects and found that many of them had mood issues clear up after a few months.

There are some Art Of Living chapters in my area, so I thought about taking their Happiness Program to learn their breathing techniques.

It is a bit pricey for me at $400 and I am already signed up for a kundalini yoga class at a local yoga school.

I was wondering if someone who took the Art Of Living Happiness Program could tell me if it offers anything in regard to the breathing techniques that I will not find in a kundalini yoga course.

Thanks

Re: Anyone take the Art Of Living Happiness Program?

Someone on another forum where I asked this question sent me a link to this article which answered my question. I thought I would post it here for other people Googling on the same question:

Most of them were primers on breathing techniques that the foundation had tried to commercialize (Skywalker argued that they weren't any different from common yoga practices and/or ways to hyperventilate). Some were teaching manuals. To an outsider, they wouldn't seem all that special,
    http://www.eastbayexpress.com/oaklan...nt?oid=3221659

In other words, the SKY breathing technique doesn't offer anything that learning pranayama through another avenue would provide. In my case I found a kundalini yoga class that is less than half the $400 price of Happiness Program course and it lasts 3 months ( once a week ) versus two evenings and a full weekend.

Additionally, the medical researchers who documented the beneficial effects of SKY breathing went on to do even more research and they created/adapted their own breathing techniques, also clinically verified and described in their book The Healing Power Of The Breath. I've been using this book for a few weeks. It is brief, clear, and the techniques I have tried so far really put me into a good mood and helped with my energy levels.

Hope this post helps others

Namaste

Thread Information