Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could someone please help me out with the following?

1. Could someone please help me out with the following?

Hello and a great day to you all,

I would like this to be the opportunity to introduce myself as well as asking for your help understanding something which seems important to me.

Please be patient with me and my terminology, I have no intention to insult anyone by using the wrong words, a correctional slap on the wrist would do if that be the case.

So, where to start next, well I am Dutch, let's start there. A couple of Months ago I was doing research into something which led me directly towards the Spiritual, Subtle and Gross Universe as described in Ancient writings. Not only the 3x dimensions came unto my path also the Ancient pre-flood Empires (which I was looking into from perspective) and the various explanations of the past, very hard to grasp at once. Obviously this is a short description of it all, but it has led me to some personal observations as well as the realization some questions might have been answered (for me anyway). Now... I am not a Religious Man, I believe in God but choose to keep that a private matter and further my knowledge by trying to understand what I was researching.

I was pretty satisfied with my findings and so on, until a couple of nights ago when I had the following dream, a dream I can make no soup out of what so ever. This is where I seek the help of someone who can either point me in a general direction or give me assistance by some sort of interpretation of the dream.

Again, my apologies if my choice of words might seem offensive.

I was in the landscape where I am often when I am dreaming. I kinda went on my way and suddenly I was in the Army. We were about to fight threat but instead we were compelled to seize. After that rows of "Demi-Gods" Appeared in front of me and my few comrades. They walked down a stairs and took place in front of us in two rows. The first on a balustrade standing, the second sitting down in chairs in front of me, there were many. They were all wearing either red tulbands or waistbands. In the middle of that row was a Hindu looking Figure who was making gestures to me. One of those was the Hindu hands together and moving them up and down accompanied by other gestures I now cannot remember. There was also a small cone like head on top of the Female (made of normal cloth/fabric) and markings on the head/Face. They didn’t wear any gold or anything else fantastic. All was clothing of normal nature as well as the absence of jewelry. The Figure, of which I now suspect to be Durga, in the Middle was of White Indian Origin looking. She was also smiling with both eyes and mouth, friendly might be the better explanation. I had no idea of this God until today (yesterday when this is posted), the dream however is a couple of days old (I looked up if there was a Hindu God for Cats yesterday and came across this God which is pretty coincidental because of the similarities).

There was also a "Demi-God" who was at all times wearing a towel over her head protecting her eyes. I noticed a glimpse of those eyes (from the side) and they were extremely bright light blue/white. But at all times she was accompanied by two guardians who'd make sure the towel would stay in place. She (and her two Guardians) would cross over from the Demi-Gods side to a spot behind us. The towel/cloth would be from top of head draped down the face.

There was still some sort of interaction going on, when I tried to concentrate further I woke up.
    I hope someone can help me out with this.

Thanks in advance.

Gideon.

Re: Could someone please help me out with the following?

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté and hello गिदोन ( gidona),

I moved your post here based upon the post's content and your introduction. I have no answers for you as dreams have
    many moving parts to them i.e. many influences - from food, environment, etc.

Perhaps someone with more knowledge will be able to offer an opinion.

iti śivaṁ

यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

3. Re: Could someone please help me out with the following?

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

I moved your post here based upon the post's content and your introduction. I have no answers for you as dreams have
    many moving parts to them i.e. many influences - from food, environment, etc.

Perhaps someone with more knowledge will be able to offer an opinion.

iti śivaṁ

Hello and thank you,

Interesting, I had no idea moving parts were important... So it seems that by having no answer you still taught me something.

Thanks.

Namaste Gidon,

Did you oversleep that day ? This may be the reason behind your long and interesting dream.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by गिदोन View Post
    Hello and thank you,

Interesting, I had no idea moving parts were important... So it seems that by having no answer you still taught me something.

Thanks.
    Most to all of us are intrigued by what occurs in dreams... I have been taught they are echos from the days activities ( my teachers words not mine);
    Now that said there is a whole section within jyotish ( some like to call astrology) that deals with dreams, but it comes with many-many caveats.
    That is why I mentioned dreams have lots of moving parts. There is so much that occurs that influences the dream state one cannot be sure they
    are getting an accurate 'read' on what is occuring. That is, is the influence 'pure and insightful' and there for the native's use, or is it becuase of
    some food influence , an emotional semblance, a trama, or stress release that is occurring... see the point ? Lots of moving parts.

Now that said, here are some HDF posts on dreams...
    http://hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?7261-Dreams&highlight=dreams
    http://hindudharmaforums.com/showthr...ghlight=dreams
    http://hindudharmaforums.com/showthr...ghlight=dreams

these are a few... you can do a search on dreams within HDF and see more posts that may show up

iti śivaṁ

यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

6. Re: Could someone please help me out with the following?

Quote Originally Posted by devotee View Post
    Namaste Gidon,

Did you oversleep that day ? This may be the reason behind your long and interesting dream.

OM
    Hello Devotee,

Over my lifetime I have learned to pay special interest to dreams, as many others, I also had dreams which would come true or had a strange connection to me. I can still remember two dreams from when I was 3-4 years old. But also dreams that would make no sense to anything in relation to something I had done the previous weeks.

Here are three which I have never been able to solve (besides the one posted in OP).

1-) A purple and Pink Elephant who throws me on my Parents bed, when trying to get up it would throw me back again, eyes extremely Evil. This dream has occurred to me a few times when I was 3-4 years old.
    2-) Running away from a Tsunami on an upward going street looking behind me. This dream originates from before 2000.
    3-) An attack from the Sky in which Large thin 1meter tall burning crystals are being thrown towards the Earth. When they hit the Earth they stay still in the ground and keep on burning. This dream is from around 2011.

I wouldn't have bothered coming forward with this OP if not for the color red in the dream. When I was studying (at starting level) the Vedic connection to all that is now I have obviously planted a seed in my mind about Gods. For that reason alone I would not bother to do extreme research into the matter. The nagging to my brain came a couple of day later when I looked up if there is an Hindu God for cats (like the Egyptian Goddess Bast). As I am a visual learner (I find it more comfortable) I always look for pics first. Obviously Durga was there. I looked at some pictures and decided that I had to read some more about this God. When I read about the common taste for red fruits I was happy for some reason (although Citrus has my preference), but when I furthered my reading and read that Red is her color, I kinda started to feel intrigued. To me it is without doubt her, I Never had heard of Durga before, not in my Vedic research, which had already been halted so to stumble on this without the knowledge beforehand is where I am getting intrigued.

I have some ancient Indian Blood runnin' through my veins, combined by Roma and Celtic blood. I guess my Ancestors came from Warrior Castes. I am also extremely proud of my heritage but have never looked for any other connection than Blood in this matter.

My research into some Vedic writings and all other (please excuse the fact that I am not naming all writings) things that connect to them in the now are amazing and extremely logical when you look at it from Historic perspective connected to pre-flood history and some other sinister and non-sinister things happening today. That short but intensive journey had only one outcome in my mind, they are truly based on history, how amazing it looks and sounds to someone raised in Christian Europe, there can be no doubt in My mind these scriptures are from that time.

It has led to some unanswered questions like why Lord Vishnu is kept asleep for instance, my Personal interpretation has led me to believe that it has to do with the song and poison of the Naga. But since I am not an expert, nor know much about it, I choose to leave the matter resting, I would not want to anger People with my findings based on the fact that I just took a peek into this huge amount of knowledge. But, when a thought enters the mind it needs to be addressed.

So to answer your question, I did not oversleep in the sense of resting longer than 8hrs. I did go to bed a bit later and slept until around 08.30hrs. I tried to return to the dream but was only able to get back to the uniform.

Thank you for giving me the possibility to explain myself, I am not sure where I stand right now so it is much appreciated.

--G--

Namaste Gidone (I have not come accross a Sanskrit word Gidone bu the way -- in case it is Sanskrit and not Dutch)

A few pointers for you

1. When the warriors / soldiers fight in the army for a "good cause" as in "to protect the good citizens against terrorists and wicked" they attain swarga (a heavenly realm).
    2. Therefore, when you and fellow soldiers finished your war-karma i.e. fighting, the Devas of swarga possibly came to you -- we do not say "demi-Gods" but Deva , DevatA or Devi in Sanskrit.
    3. That was not a towel the lady/Devi was wearing on her head, but a veil that women draped over the head and sometimes covering the eyes , nose (half the face) to stay protected "veiled" from society.

|| Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Namaste Gidon,

Hindus and many other ethnic races have tried to interpret dreams in the past and even Psychology accepts that some dreams do have meaning. However, my advice is better not to read too much into dreams. Dreams are creation of mind within mind with the help of past impressions gathered by it. These past impressions need not be of this birth and these might be carried from one birth to the other.

May be your dreams are due to impressions you gathered in your past birth(s). But it is better to focus on your present life and solve the puzzles of this life instead of trying to solve the meanings of dreams. May be these dreams have no meaning at all and you are unnecessarily wasting your precious time over them.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

9. Re: Could someone please help me out with the following?

Quote Originally Posted by devotee View Post
    Namaste Gidon,

Hindus and many other ethnic races have tried to interpret dreams in the past and even Psychology accepts that some dreams do have meaning. However, my advice is better not to read too much into dreams. Dreams are creation of mind within mind with the help of past impressions gathered by it. These past impressions need not be of this birth and these might be carried from one birth to the other.

May be your dreams are due to impressions you gathered in your past birth(s). But it is better to focus on your present life and solve the puzzles of this life instead of trying to solve the meanings of dreams. May be these dreams have no meaning at all and you are unnecessarily wasting your precious time over them.

OM
    Namaste Devotee,

You could be very right about that. I discuss these dreams and findings (through research) with someone I trust and that Person also came up with that possibility. Myself never believed in reincarnation before I understood that resurrection (as for instance described by Christians) cannot exist without reincarnation, they are bound together by faith really. Therefore my understanding has changed about the whole past life and memories which might surface as a result.

It's actually amazing you are able to advise me on the puzzle issue, because that's where I am right in the middle of. It's a life's hobby if you like, the confidant advised me to meditate on it and gave me directions in how to do this. I truly wonder if this would work out. So yes, in principal I agree with you, since I am almost completely finished with this research I have no choice but to see it through until the end, maybe that's my lesson in all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by smaranam View Post
    Namaste Gidone (I have not come accross a Sanskrit word Gidone bu the way -- in case it is Sanskrit and not Dutch)

A few pointers for you

1. When the warriors / soldiers fight in the army for a "good cause" as in "to protect the good citizens against terrorists and wicked" they attain swarga (a heavenly realm).
    2. Therefore, when you and fellow soldiers finished your war-karma i.e. fighting, the Devas of swarga possibly came to you -- we do not say "demi-Gods" but Deva , DevatA or Devi in Sanskrit.
    3. That was not a towel the lady/Devi was wearing on her head, but a veil that women draped over the head and sometimes covering the eyes , nose (half the face) to stay protected "veiled" from society.

Namaste Smaranam,

Yes the name, most languages would have some sort of version of it, the one I found was close enough I guess (it's Sanskrit as far as I know), Gideon is also Gidon, Gedeon, Gedon, Gideone etc. So I found Gidoon (as translator showed me, which I now suspect was not entirely right, ) close enough..

Thank you for the explanation (and the advise on the names of the Devi) about the Devi. I have a question about the third point. Obviously that Devi raised most questions for me because I could not find any relation to anything anywhere.

My question would be, why stay veiled from Society? (I have not been in a war for 22 years (and a bit)) and what might that mean to me or say about me in this matter? Should I take Devotee's advise and drop it all>?
    Or has it to do with this (part of my research)?

"The sky is full of stupendous flying-machines, dark as night, but picked out by lights with a yellowish glare."
    - Mahavira of Bhavabhuti.
    In any case, I really want to thank everybody who has taken the time to answer/read my question(s) so far it's much appreciated. If by any chance anyone is afraid that I am here to finish a book or some, please don't be, I have no interest in mass publishing anything.

--G--

Dream happens at multiple levels of our consciousness.like physical,pranic(energy),mental body,then comes knowledge/wisdom body and then comes blissfull body.

dreams seen at former 3 levels of consciousness are mostly mental or sensual gimmickry. it involves sensual need,stressful conditions or desires/wishes or petty ordinary activities.

Dreams that happens in later states of consciousness are truth and likes intuition sometimes.

But its very difficult for a lesser mortal to determine the interpretation of a dream.

But if the above dream has a meaning and more importantly a purpose,it should be repeated in a more elaborated way to you.

till then you may start a more spiritual way of life,i mean a more pure way of life in all activities and food and start reading more related spiritual wisdom.
    Man-naathah Shri Jagan-nathah Mat-guru-shri jagad-guruhu.
    Mad-atma sarva-bhutatma tasmai Shri Gurave Namah.

My Lord is the Lord of Universe; My teacher is the teacher of the
    entire universe; and my Self is the Self of all. My salutations at the lotus-feet
    of such a Guru, who has revealed such knowledge to me.

Thread Information