Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Punctuality in Jyotish

Punctuality in Jyotish

Hari Om,

Can Jyotish explain about punctuality? Is there any planet or house which signifies punctuality? Is it the 6th house & Mercury..Since 6th house represents routine/daily activities…..

Thanks
    Krishna

Re: Punctuality in Jyotish

Dear friend ,
    punctuality is more or less a personaliy trait and so it could be a part of the overall charecteristic pattern of the chart I don't think any particular house signifies punctuality as such , though a good and strong Saturn , Jupiter , MARS , or Mercury could give an insight in this issue.

Thanks. Saturn is associated with lethargy as well right? Similarly Jupiter represents laziness? If you can throw some light on this that would be great. Thanks.

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

Quote Originally Posted by KrishnaTVM View Post
    Thanks. Saturn is associated with lethargy as well right? Similarly Jupiter represents laziness? If you can throw some light on this that would be great. Thanks.

Śanaiścara or śani in and of its own name = 'the slow moving one' ; hence when it comes to punctuality this may not be the best fit. It does not suggest that a person dominiated/influnced by śani would be tardy.
    It suggests their pace will be slow and steady. Yet for me I would not look at any graha as the kā́raka ( doer, instrumental in bringing about an action) of promptness that could be retrograde ( again my thoughts only).
    I would choose the sun… perfect pace, owns the day, never retrograde, is ‘1st’ in the week ( prompt); Time is based upon the sun as it ‘paces’ out the day ( 24 hours) and the year ( 12 months); it decides when the day starts ( dawn) and when it ends ( dusk).

iti śivaṁ
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Yajvan Ji,

I agree with your perspective on Sun. It seems to be sensible. My Sun is in 12th house aspecting Simha. I'm ok with punctuality only. Let me run this through few charts and see how it goes.

On a side note I've seen people having Sun/Saturn conjunction having issues with Watches, Clocks etc. Though Sun and Saturn represents time the affliction caused on each other could be the reason.

Thanks
    Krishna

Saturn stands for lethargy ,but when he is yogakaraka , he is the achiever . For Thula and Taurus ascendents we can see he gives much success by hard work , good planning and execution drive and punctuality. Similarly a strong and good Jupiter gives balanced outlook and knowledge , Mars when strong and good gives good executive powers which requires discipline and punctuality also Mercury gives the knack of planning , exploiting and exploringthe possibilities and oppotunities .In all these cases we can observe one important ingredient , that is punctuality . Sun is the boss and he is more good at bossing over and exercising authority to get things done. This is not supported by any scriptural authority but the observed and arrived at , rather derived conclusion.

Awasthas!

Quote Originally Posted by KrishnaTVM View Post
    Hari Om,

Can Jyotish explain about punctuality? Is there any planet or house which signifies punctuality? Is it the 6th house & Mercury..Since 6th house represents routine/daily activities…..

Thanks
    Krishna

A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

Bhaswathy Ji - Thanks for your clarification.

RR Ji - Are you referring to planetary awasthas? Let me know.

Yes Captain!

A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

Thanks Mate Have a great weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Rohiniranjan View Post
    Yes Captain!

Thread Information