Thread: Vāstu Śāstra for a house

Vāstu Śāstra for a house

Namaste, everyone.

I've a question about the orientation of a tiny house and its organization in regards to Vāstu standards. I'm about to buy a Derksen loft barn cabin, 10X16 feet size overall, and it has two lofts above the 8-feet walls, one on each end. I'm going to be researching on Vāstu standards to get a better idea of how to do this. I can't just orient the house any way I want, because there is a very bright street light planted RIGHT NEXT to my friend's property, and I simply don't like the presence of that light, especially out here in the country where it's the last thing you expect, but I don't want to see that light at night from inside the house, especially when I'm trying to sleep. Here is an example of one of the floor plans I have.

Praṇāma

Help! I cannot upload jpg files!

Re: Vāstu Śāstra for a house

Namaste DAji
    Quote Originally Posted by deafAncient View Post
    Help! I cannot upload jpg files!
    I've found it easiest to create a photo bucket account - or any other free image hosting site - and upload photos there, then link the image's url here with the image link tool. =)

~Pranam
    ~~~~~
    What has Learning profited a man, if it has not led him to worship the good feet of Him who is pure knowledge itself?
    They alone dispel the mind's distress, who take refuge at the feet of the incomparable one.
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Anbe Sivamayam, Satyame Parasivam

Namaste,

Until somebody comes along to answer questions about Vastu Shastra, I just wanted to tell you that eye shades and a set of earplugs have been two of my best friends. Since you have a bright street light planted right next to the structure you reside in, using eye shades when you retire for the evening might do you good.

Pranam.

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    ...eye shades and a set of earplugs have been two of my best friends... using eye shades when you retire for the evening might do you good.
    Namaste ji,

Good point. I regularly use earplugs myself, as I wake to light noise easily. =)

I would also add black-out, or light blocking curtains for window(s) affected are a huge benefit. We used them when we lived in the city, and we still use them since a couple of years after we moved to escape light pollution at night, new neighbors moved in who are 'afraid of the dark' and so installed security floodlights, without glare shields, all over their house.

~Pranam
    ~~~~~
    What has Learning profited a man, if it has not led him to worship the good feet of Him who is pure knowledge itself?
    They alone dispel the mind's distress, who take refuge at the feet of the incomparable one.
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Anbe Sivamayam, Satyame Parasivam

Thread Information