Thread: Hi - Learning Hindu

Hi - Learning Hindu

My salutations to you all. Wishing to learn about the Hindu traditions a little more. That is why I've joined this community. I actually joined a while back, but never really read anything, I guess everything comes to light eventually.

I have a few preconceived notions, that actually I would love to bring to light for dissection by knowledgeable souls.
    My idea of how to attain Moksha is primarily through the empowerment of the human body by continence. I feel this manifestation can grow in two paths. Continence is the fuel - its like the inertia of both physical and spiritual practices.
    What I am realizing is that this Virya(energy form) with Japa, Meditation, etc. can be divided into two forms: 1.Giving and 2.Giving but Taking.

Some mantras take Virya, some give.
    For example basic mantras to dieties in order to attain spiritual progress or blessings such as Om Namo Narayana, Om namo bhagavate vasudevaya, etc. will take Virya; Even Om will make one sick without the efforts of continence. Hence every mantra has an effect, at the same time a price.

Now some mantras give virya, such as Bijas. Well I mean thats what I feel. And so this bija can help fuel spiritual, or physical progress. Bijas can also be used in order to alleviate health issues. Though bijas are not the only things that can give this virya, or energy in order to progress spiritually, or physically. This virya can come in through as herbal supplements, foods, essentially the natural process of food into virya, which semen is the physical representation of this virya.

Eventually I see the virya, or sexual energy being converted rendered up into Kundalini; rising as my level of continence rises; slowly breaking away Karma.

So therefore, I am actually inquiring, is this a valid mapping of spiritual elevation?

I am humbly beg at your feets in order to help me progress. Help me realize a good perspective on how this process works.

Thank you

Re: Hi - Learning Hindu

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Welcome... I think you may want do consider starting the conversation on the subject matter (mokṣa and the like) on a separate string - perhaps the 'new to sanātana dharma' folder may be a good fit. I suggest this as this folder is more about introductions than a discussion on various subject.

iti śivaṁ
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Re: Hi - Learning Hindu

Vannakkam and welcome to HDF. I hope your stay here is fruitful.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information