Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vedic Here !

Vedic Here !

hey guys how are you all ?

i am vedic from India, i am 17 and i recently started following Vedism and left Hinduism. now i am trying to spread Teachings to Rig Veda and i am currently learning/reading/understand Rig Veda. and my Fave. Gods are now Indra and Agni,Rudra and surya.
    (and if you guys are wondering, my caste is Brahmin)

i stopped Idol worshiping and now i only chant Mantra sitting alone(not in front of Murti). (Idol worshiping is mostly banned in vedas).

i am here for a long time so you can Ask me Anything. =)

i am also on other Religious Forums.

Re: Vedic Here !

Namaste,

Another Mullah Hawa Baaz?

Pranam.

Quote Originally Posted by Vedic View Post
    i am vedic from India, i am 17 and i recently started following Vedism and left Hinduism. now i am trying to spread Teachings to Rig Veda and i am currently learning/reading/understand Rig Veda. and my Fave. Gods are now Indra and Agni,Rudra and surya.
    (and if you guys are wondering, my caste is Brahmin)
    i stopped Idol worshiping and now i only chant Mantra sitting alone(not in front of Murti). (Idol worshiping is mostly banned in vedas).
    I think you first learn Hinduism and then leave it and then start preaching around. From your post it reflects that you have very little knowledge of Hindu Dharma. Are you a follower of Zakir Naik ?

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Quote Originally Posted by devotee View Post
    I think you first learn Hinduism and then leave it and then start preaching around. From your post it reflects that you have very little knowledge of Hindu Dharma. Are you a follower of Zakir Naik ?

OM
    Vannakkam Devotee: Good advice. Now I am imagining what a conversation with you would have been like when I was 17, and beginning to think about life. You would have seen me as a fool, I'm sure. In fact, so would have I (who this person is today). We need to exercise patience with our young'uns.

Aum Namasivaya

Dear EM,

I think you are right !

Vedic, Are you acquainted with various schools of Hindu Dharma ?

OM
    Last edited by devotee; 03 January 2016 at 05:51 PM.
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Namaste,

Confidential to EM: I understand that it is a process for a non-Hindu - you read or hear something and maybe forget about it and move on, at some stage of your life you get the urge to look into spirituality, what you had heard about Hinduism comes to the fore, you look it up, you get familiar with some of the teachings and practices, once hooked, you go deeper to the point of becoming an adoptee. We, the born Hindus, should be patient and offer encouragement along the way. So far, so good.

For whatever reason, the born Hindus seem to have bigger and sharper antennas for non-Hindu gibberish detection. Let us take the case in point;

A 17 year old lad has recently left Hinduism and started to follow what he calls 'vedic'.
    He has started learning Rig veda and at the same time has become an expert on Rig veda overnight,
    as he is trying to spread the teachings of Rig veda and is also telling us, 'Ask anything' about the teachings of Rig veda.

We have to be incredibly stupid to think that these are the words of a genuine 17 year old sadhak who is a born Hindu, from a Brahmin family, no less. I understand that the indirect reprimand is not directed at me but in this particular case, was it necessary? I mean no disrespect to you or to anyone else, but should this philosophy of patience for the young ones be applied even when we know it is a much older troll trying to take us for a ride? At times I too have erred and am trying to improve my batting percentage by being patient when it is not outright garbage. But in this case.....I am lost for words.

Again, no disrespect in intended; just a clearing of the air, as far as dealing with trolls is concerned.

Pranam.

PS, I agonized over making this a PM but in the end, posted it in the forum so as to get some feedback from others about the extent of being patient with trolls.
    Last edited by Believer; 04 January 2016 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Added the PS

Vannakkam B: I strongly suspect that, regardless of the OP's actual situation, he won't be back anyway, which makes all this moot. In my experience here, there are very few such posters who return. Perhaps that is the nature of being a 17 year old as well. The same poster said the same thing on another forum I follow about 3 days back, and hasn't posted since.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    he won't be back anyway, which makes all this moot.
    It is moot for this particular case, but we might use it to develop a consensus, if that is possible, so that we have a forum policy towards (suspected) trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Perhaps that is the nature of being a 17 year old as well.
    Anything is possible but would you not say that the OP is rather bizarre? Just converted, am learning, am an expert, am trying to spread the word, have been here for a long time, ask me anything. Either it is a troll or a delusional person on his weekend pass from a mental institution.

Pranam.

Vannakkam B: How many new posts from new people here do you suppose we moderators already don't approve? Sometimes it's a judgement call, and if we err, we generally find out soon enough.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste,

I am sorry to see this discussion heading in a negative direction. I did not question the judgement of the moderators. I am not sure why it is being dragged in that direction. My reason for the comments was to solicit feedback from other members so as to have a consistent forum policy for the members to follow, simple as that. If that is creating too much heartburn, we will end the discussion right here. I am out of here.

Pranam.

Thread Information