Thread: I'm back...sort of...

I'm back...sort of...

Namaste all,

I decided to try to come back to HDF after a long absence, mainly because someone from here sent me a private message asking about me. While I do feel flattered that someone on here remembers me, I still feel a bit hesitant about returning here, for much the same reasons I left.

In the intervening months between my departure and now, I've been taught many things, by fellow Hindus (especially a life coach originally from India who now does her counseling over Skype with me from California)...first and foremost among them to not be ashamed of who I am. Yes, I may be white, male, American, etc., but how much do those factors really dictate who I am? Really? Do other people of the same so-called identities I just mentioned who say and do much more stupid things have to dictate who I have to be? If I was really the same as them, I would have followed in their footsteps by now. And I've been taught that there's nothing inherently wrong with me. In fact, there's a lot inherently right with me because I don't go down the road of racism (even though I might accidentally cross that path from time to time).

The point I'm getting at is that I don't want to be forced to backtrack on this progress. I don't want to be made ashamed of who I am again. I know I can't control the actions of other forum users on here, but one thing I can and will control is my participation. If I don't feel safe here, I have no compunctions about leaving once again.

Sorry...I know that sounded like an empty threat. I didn't mean to be condescending that way. I just want to make sure the coast is clear for me, so to speak.

Re: I'm back...sort of...

Namaste Webimpulse Ji...
    Nice to see.you back on the forum...
    Pranam
    Aasato ma sat gamay
    tamaso ma jotirgamay
    mrityorma amrutamgamay
    (Bring me from asat to sat, bring me from darkness (ignorance) to light (knowledge), bring me from death to immortality)
    Om Namah Shivay
    Om Vishnave Namah

Re: I'm back...sort of...

Namaste Webimpulse,

So nice to see you back here again. =)
    Never base your feelings about your own worth on what others say or think. I know, easier said than done. Still... =)

~Pranam
    ~~~~~
    What has Learning profited a man, if it has not led him to worship the good feet of Him who is pure knowledge itself?
    They alone dispel the mind's distress, who take refuge at the feet of the incomparable one.
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Anbe Sivamayam, Satyame Parasivam

Thread Information