Thread: SSRF and Sanatana Dharma....Same or Different?

SSRF and Sanatana Dharma....Same or Different?

Hello everyone,

I have been involved, briefly, with Spiritual Science Research Foundation based in Goa, India.

They seem to be Bhaktas who are Vaishnavites as well.

Also, they say that Gautama Buddha was the 9th incarnation of God, right before the last Kalki.

What do the Vedas and in particular the Upanishads teach?

Is this group SSRF teaching Vedanta or not?

If anyone has some understanding, please let me know.

Personally, I like Sri Ramana Maharishi and Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj's teachings and Jnana/Gyan Yog.

Stefos

Re: SSRF and Sanatana Dharma....Same or Different?

Welcome. stefos ! Never heard of this organisation. What does it do / teach ?

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Hi devotee,

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT condemning or trying to proselytize either.......merely ask questions

What I've just stated........They come at Sanatana Dharma from a Vaishnava viewpoint that makes the Buddha to be the 9th incarnation of Vishnu.

From what I understand, some Vaishnavites hold this view but I've also read that they do not accept this.

SSRF follows in the footsteps of H.H. Bhaktaraj Maharaj, quotes from the Vedas and Puranas as well.

Here is their website: http://www.spiritualresearchfoundation.org/

Vannakkam Stefos: In my readings, my understanding is the same as yous as to Buddha being an incarnation. Some accept it, and some don't. As an outsider, I have no personal opinion, that is for others who have a vested interest in arguing about it. My gut reaction is that most Hindus would be like me.

Aum Namasivaya

Hi Eastern Mind,

It appears that you are a Shaivite.

Sir/Ma'am, My interest is in Advaita Vedanta and Kashmiri Shaivism.

Is there a group online that conducts Satsang along those lines?

There is a Ramakrishna center in Boston, 1 hour away from me.

Also, Do you know of anyone who teaches tantra authentically?

Thank you,
    Stefos

Quote Originally Posted by Stefos View Post
    Hello everyone,

I have been involved, briefly, with Spiritual Science Research Foundation based in Goa, India.

They seem to be Bhaktas who are Vaishnavites as well.

Also, they say that Gautama Buddha was the 9th incarnation of God, right before the last Kalki.

What do the Vedas and in particular the Upanishads teach?

Is this group SSRF teaching Vedanta or not?

If anyone has some understanding, please let me know.

Personally, I like Sri Ramana Maharishi and Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj's teachings and Jnana/Gyan Yog.

Stefos
    Greetings Stefos I have attended a few gatherings of this group when they were in California in the US. I found them to be very interesting and knowledgeable. The representatives from the institution were great and very patient at explaining things. I also "attended" an online Sustang one Sunday. I enjoyed it and would go more but the time is bad for me. Check their web site for the time in your area. They teach about all religions and in some cases suggest that one's birth religion is the best one for them to follow.

I am only a seeker myself and do not pretend to know the answers but this organization seems to be on the level. When I attended their presentations in person, not once did they request any donations or contributioons. They did sell incense and some other small items, but I never felt as if they were out to hustle anyone.
    In whatever way people surrender unto me, I reciprocate with them accordingly.

Hari Om!

My concern with this group and the advice that I must seek from forum members revolves around the belief in ghosts, witches, and black energy - all which they say may be responsible for many of the disease states that are caused from a need for spiritual healing. Have heard in Hinduism of "Black Magic", is this a form of the same? Don't know much about that either. I do like what I've gained from the site otherwise and do have some materials coming from them to further my knowledge but don't expect that these topics will be covered. Please kindly provide some insights here.

Also don't understand the religion of birth suggestion but have more to read on the site. If anyone already has this information and would pass it along here, it would be appreciated.

A friend in India turned me on to this organization. They have several videos on YouTube as well.

OM

www.spiritualresearchfoundation.org is the web address/link

Thread Information