Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loneliness...

Re: Loneliness...

Namaste Webimpulse,

I know it's been a month since last activity on this thread but I just feel the need to write something, as I have much of personal experience on loneliness. As many members have written here, and I'll repeat it - loneliness is a state of mind. It's true. There's a big difference between being alone and being lonely. I have some good and some bad news for you. Bad news is: no amount of friends can heal your loneliness. And the good news is - you can actually heal it yourself.

Here's how - you have to find a way to enjoy time you spend with yourself. Learn how to love yourself. Everyone does it in their own way, there's no universal solution to that, but ShivaFan gave you a very good advice. Compose your own bhajan. Spend time doing your spiritual practice. Talk to God - meditate, pray, cry out to Him, tell Him about your worries and needs. Surrender your problems to Him, as He knows what's best for You. When you're alone, do things that make you happy. You enjoy a cup of coffee? Drink a cup of coffee. You enjoy watching sunset? Watch a sunset. You enjoy rock music? Put on your favorite CD and dance, sing. Imagine you're on a rock concert, you're a rockstar - entertain your audience! You like gemstones? Treat yourself with a nice piece of your favorite gemstone.

Talk to God always. When you're in a store and can't find a product you need, say a silent prayer to God: "Please, find me a product I need". Then keep on looking around, and you'll find it within minutes, maybe even seconds! What that can teach you is this - God is everywhere. He's in food you eat, shampoo you bought, random people you've met in a store or on a bus station. Listen to those strangers who start a small talk with you. Listen carefully, and you'll be amazed with what you hear.

What you'll eventually realize is, that God is your friend and He's everywhere.

After some time you may not even feel the need to be surrounded by many people to feel fulfilled - maybe you'll consciously start choosing to spend time alone, because you'll enjoy it so much.

It's better to be alone than to be in a bad company - that's true.

I hope this helps.

Blessings.

Re: Loneliness...

Namasté Webimpulse,

I think the reason you feel lonely is because you are not in contact with your inner being, which is God. Or in other words, you are not aware of the connection. It's impossible to be lonely, for all is connected and this is not just a saying.
    Which God is your God? Or better, which aspect of the Divine do you feel most attracted to? Meditate and feel the love for this deity, because it will heal your heart. The love you send out is really the love for yourself and the source of all of us.

Love and blessings,

Sanja
    Last edited by Sanja; 15 May 2016 at 12:47 PM.
    **Jai Shree Krishna** जय श्री कृष्ण[

They live in wisdom who see themselves in all, and all in them.

Thread Information