Thread: Feeling Better now that God is there

Feeling Better now that God is there

Hello All,
    I recently relocated to another city where I have not been at all happy. When I left my previous home I took down my shrine and packed away my murties. For as long as I have lived here (few months) I have left them in a corner on my dresser and sort of paid no attention to them. No wonder I have been feeling so poorly!!

Well, today, I recreated my shrine and arranged them nicely in my room. I left for a few hours and returned, not really thinking about the shrine I set up. Only after about a second or so in my room I was overcome with peace. I then turned and looked at my "creation" and saw the beauty of God therein. No wonder I had been so entirely miserable lately. The energy emitted is as tangible as physical matter. In my rebellion and annoyance at having to relocate I guess I figured it was better to sulk than to turn to the very place where help is.

I am praying to Lord Ganisha to help me make some friends with whom I can share my faith in this new town. Since attitude is half the battle, I am half there.

Glad to be back on this forum too. I was off for awhile due to technical problems. Glad that is corrected too.

Blessings to all, OM,
    In whatever way people surrender unto me, I reciprocate with them accordingly.

Re: Feeling Better now that God is there

Namaste Mystical Soul,

I agree with you on the tangibility of spiritual energy from a shrine. Happy as well to hear how effortlessly at peace you can be made to feel once it was set up again and part of your life. This personal space we have set aside for God and the connection we are striving to maintain constantly with the Supreme is so important. I have been trying to reconnect this myself but I am also in the process of being in transit, in between having the shrine in my bedroom in my birth home and the place I am currently residing in. It can be strange how daily life gets in the way of something most of us here on HDF place highly in our lives.

Framed pictures of the Devas are beautiful and remind me of the presence of God in my life, but I am sometimes finding I am miserable for almost no discernible reason at all. When I am praying I find I am doing it on a reactionary basis in response to something sad or negative. This is alleviated when I meditate, but for whatever reason I find it hard to stay focused without a fixed abode for religious practice. Your post has encouraged me to push on and try get this set up again in my life.

Wishing that Sri Ganesha hears your prayers and places opportunities in your life very soon to make new friends in your new hometown.

Om namah Shivaya
    "Watch your thoughts, they become words.
    Watch your words, they become actions.
    Watch your actions, they become habits.
    Watch your habits, they become your character.
    Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."

ॐ गं गणपतये नमः
    Om Gam Ganapataye namah

लोकाः समस्ताः सुखिनो भवन्तु ।
    Lokaah SamastaaH Sukhino Bhavantu

Thread Information