Thread: Language barrier

Language barrier

Namaste, there are times when I feel that going to pooja at the temple is of little spiritual significance because I never understand the language. However after I miss a few times of not attending I feel a spiritual drought and I can tell upon return that it is significant indeed! I can only compare it to my car being on empty and how wonderful it is to have a full tank which I can only get from a gas station. Does anyone else have this situation?

I do prayers and meditation at home but I read prayers from a translation. I know that Shiva speaks all languages and that my presence at temple will bring many spiritual benefits. However I wish I could understand it more. I have studied a bit of Hindi and occasionally can pick up a word or two but I cannot help but wonder how beautiful it must be to be able to comprehend all that is said and done. Those of you who can, count your blessings.

No question really, I just needed to say that.
    Aum
    In whatever way people surrender unto me, I reciprocate with them accordingly.

Re: Language barrier

OM Namah shivaye Avatar Mystical Soul,

Well, absolutely Lord Shiva can speak all the languages means the heart language too. If somebody adore him with heart then definitely will get blessings from him. So it is not quite necessary to go to the temple for worship. One can think and be involve in adoration of God in the home along with clean heart. By the way Shivaratri is coming so be prepare for worshiping Shiva on this auspicious occasion.
    Chakra Healing with RRST!!!

Re: Language barrier

Vannakkam MS: Yes, I get 'hungry' as well. Besides the idea that we need a spiritual energy boost, it could also be just out of habit over a long time. I prefer to view it as the former. For me personally it's about 10 days. Then I get the strong desire to attend, and He beckons. My wife and I both get the same (anxious?) feeling from geographical distance when traveling, if we are far (a day's drive) from any Hindu temple.

The language of pujas is almost always Sanskrit, and over time, you might ask the priest or someone else to translate parts of it for you, especially when it's a regular consistent ritual that they do.

Thread Information