Thread: Benefits of Gemstones

Benefits of Gemstones

Namaste all, In this thread I want to discuss and share the benefits of gemstones only.
    Last edited by Suhita; 08 March 2016 at 05:47 AM.
    Chakra Healing with RRST!!!

Re: Benefits of Gemstones

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Quote Originally Posted by Suhita View Post
    In this thread I want to discuss and share the benefits of gemstones only.
    Two things: this subject is better served in the jyotish folder, where there are several posts on this matter.

And, we also look to you and invite you to join our customs of greeting the reader. This can be reviewed here: http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2550,

We are considered a sadācārin¹ when a post begins with a welcome, a hello, some preamble to his/her post that is well received
    by our HDF members. Please consider starting off your post with a hello, or a namasté , or some salutation.

iti siviam

1. sadācāra - virtuous conduct , good manners , well conducted, well mannered
    • sad = sat - good or honest or wise or respectable people
    • ācāra = conduct , manner of action , behavior , good behavior , good conduct
    • Hence the sadācārin is one having "having pure, bright, good conduct "

यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

namaste and hello,

I have heard about various benefits of gems and stones. As it is believed that gems have been used in different forms since ancient times. One of my friend told me that she has been getting several benefits from gemstone by wearing it as a ring.
    Last edited by yajvan; 08 March 2016 at 01:40 PM. Reason: added salutation per our HDF Custom
    Chakra Healing with RRST!!!

4. Re: Benefits of Gemstones

Namaste suhita,

I have also read about how beneficial gems can be. The only problem is that it is so difficult to find a genuine, self-respecting jyotishi/astrologer. So many of them are scams. One needs to be very careful with the use of gems, because the wrong gem can harm. That's why an experienced and honest jyotishi needs to be consulted. I would appreciate if you could kindly let me know if your friend got her gem after a consultation with a Vedic astrologer, and if so, who was this astrologer? Thanks so much and God bless, Namaste

Namaskar Suhita and divyanka2111 ji,

Both of you have explained very good points about use and benefits of gemstones. Well, I also want to know that how can one can get genuine gemstone by avoiding scams which are running nowadays.

Namaste,

There are many theories of gem-stones and the benefit that lies therein. Some purport wearing gems of poorly placed planets, while others postulate changing gems as per dasha.

Personally, I do not align with either of these views. Especially the first.

In my opinion, if you want to cross-reference what a Pundit has told you the first thing to look at is the Ascendant lord. If the ascendant lord is placed well, the planet ruling your lagna would bear the most fruitful stone. If your asc. lord is placed extremely well, perhaps you do not require a stone at all. If the Asc. lord is not suitable, then next look at yogakaraka planets or planets that are "friendly" with your ascendant. So for Venus, that would include Mercury and Saturn. Finally, you may want to see whether the planet is placed in or ruling 6,8 or 12. If so then deeper analysis is probably required. So generally also avoid any graha in its ashtamesh. In terms of Rahu and Ketu, I personally would not wear Gomedh etc, rather I'd engage in Upaya - but if you really think it is necessary I would not wear it for an extended period. 6 months and then remove.

This is my personal opinion.
    Cheers.
    Last edited by IcyCosmic; 27 April 2016 at 04:13 AM.

Namaste,

What if the ascendant lord is like Venus for Taurus/Libra lagna? Then it rules 6th/8th house as well. What then?
    Thanks
    Ll

Quote Originally Posted by IcyCosmic View Post
    Namaste,

There are many theories of gem-stones and the benefit that lies therein. Some purport wearing gems of poorly placed planets, while others postulate changing gems as per dasha.

Personally, I do not align with either of these views. Especially the first.

In my opinion, if you want to cross-reference what a Pundit has told you the first thing to look at is the Ascendant lord. If the ascendant lord is placed well, the planet ruling your lagna would bear the most fruitful stone. If your asc. lord is placed extremely well, perhaps you do not require a stone at all. If the Asc. lord is not suitable, then next look at yogakaraka planets or planets that are "friendly" with your ascendant. So for Venus, that would include Mercury and Saturn. Finally, you may want to see whether the planet is placed in or ruling 6,8 or 12. If so then deeper analysis is probably required. So generally also avoid any graha in its ashtamesh. In terms of Rahu and Ketu, I personally would not wear Gomedh etc, rather I'd engage in Upaya - but if you really think it is necessary I would not wear it for an extended period. 6 months and then remove.

This is my personal opinion.
    Cheers.

Thread Information