Thread: Medical Astrology

Medical Astrology

Hari Om,

I've seen learned astrologers suggesting various types of medicinal treatments/types based on charts.

I would like to understand the logic behind this.

So far I'm able to understand that the below works at a high level.

• Sun - Allopathic
    • Mercury – Homeopathy
    • Saturn - Sidha/Ayurveda (Traditional Medicines)

Om Tat Sat!

Krishna

Re: Medical Astrology

as far as my knowledge goes Saturn stands for homeopathy.

Bhaswathy Ji,

Thanks for your response. I thought Saturn denotes old people,tradition etc.

Also I saw a video in which a learned astrologer was suggesting this.

Om Tat Sat

Krishna

Dear Friend,

Ayurveda and jyotish is based on panchamahabhoota theory. 7 dhatus of ayurveda and 7 grahas of jyotish are not equated as same. Dhatus of ayurveda plays important role in determining the disease and its severity. Treatment is based on 3 doshas and Dhatus in ayurveda. So based on basic theory there is no clear match between 7 grahas and 7 dhatus.
    It is to be noted that treatment are all same allopathic , ayurveda or homeopathy. Allopathic uses molecules that are first found on plants and then it is derived from petroleum product. Homeopathy uses plant extract dissolved in alcohol but considers various temperament of a person. Ayurveda uses Herbs and its concentrated forms and uses both active principle in plant and also "dosha" and "dhatu" involved with temperament.
    basically all medicines are one and same. And i am sure that in any classical astrology books there is no mention of allopathic homeopathic or other medicines except ayurvedic medicines.

So if someone tells that this graha is for this kind of treatmentI(ie Allopathic,ayurvedic or Homeopathy) then he has invented his own theory and it validity has to be proved. simply correlating i dont think is right

Thanks for your comments. I do defer with you though

My primary question is not related to mapping between Planets and Ayurveda....How come we can identify from a chart which treatment is apt for a person.

I have seen learned astrologers guiding people and its working wonderfully...My interest is in understanding the logic behind this.

Thanks
    Krishna

What exactly is classical astrology . Homeopathy is of recent origin and I feel it has borrowed many`` basics from Ayurveda though with different` names and some changes in the methods . If we go to classics and scriptures for every thing , I am afraid we end` up in confusion .Saturn` is a planet of discipline , patience ,sincerity ,slow in arriving out the results , a` very thorough study , which are found in` homeopathic philosophy . More than anything else`` he is` a karmic planet and homeopathy`` attends to karmic diseases with reasonable success rate . Here the comparison is the nature of the attributes .May be my conclusion could` be wrong .

Thread Information