Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Donald

Re: The Donald

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by Jainarayan View Post
    Voting is a Constitutional right that cannot be changed on a whim. It would take a Constitutional amendment to do that.
    So is the claim that all men are created equal and several other slogans. We all know that 'all men' are not treated equally.

Voting rights are not changed per say but many states with Republican Governors greatly reduce the number of polling places in minority dominated precincts causing mile long lines; or come up with some strange ID requirements, or the supporters show up at the polling places and start shaking down people in polling lines to intimidate them. There are many peripheral ways to reduce minority participation in the elections. I was not talking about a legal way to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    With Huma by her side, Pakistan , Qatar and Saudis would have more influence with Hillary. Huma has a track record of being a liaison to these despots.
    Notwithstanding what effect it would have on India, that was a major sore point for me because of how America would have treated the thugs in those countries and would have been submissive to Islam.

Pranam.

Namaste.

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

So is the claim that all men are created equal and several other slogans. We all know that 'all men' are not treated equally.

Voting rights are not changed per say but many states with Republican Governors greatly reduce the number of polling places in minority dominated precincts causing mile long lines; or come up with some strange ID requirements, or the supporters show up at the polling places and start shaking down people in polling lines to intimidate them. There are many peripheral ways to reduce minority participation in the elections. I was not talking about a legal way to do that.
    Unfortunately that's all too true. No matter how high-principled laws and constitutions are, there will always be those who relish persecuting and mistreating others, and getting away with it. It takes laws to enforce laws enforcing laws. At a very basic level, the Fourteenth Amendment of the Constitution is all the equal rights law we need, for example. Unfortunately state and federal legislators ignore it. So other legislators write and pass laws to make sure the Fourteenth is adhered to; the bureaucracy and legal spider web grows. So far no one has found a way to put a stop to it. It's sad.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    It is wrong to term every Trump supporter as bigoted or racist.
    To clarify things, Americans, by and large, are very open minded, fair and big-hearted people. The fact that there must be immigrants from 190+ countries (out of a total of 196) in America is a testament to their goodwill, their generosity and their openness. The fact that Obama was elected twice tells us that there are lots of people of goodwill who mean no harm to others. On the flip side, there are those who would want the nation's founding race to be in exclusive control of the govt. There is nothing wrong with this mentality except the fact that by letting in people of different races and ethnicities into the country, the representative govt. has to include non-whites in turning the wheels of power. It takes only a small fraction of the population who don't like this idea and believe in total exclusivity to tilt the election results. And therein lies the problem. If the irrational crowd is sizable enough to swing the election results then the minorities are excluded from the govt., which is divisive and not good for the well being of the nation. The crowd clamoring for exculsivity should not even be labeled racist or bigoted; they are simply afraid of what the nation would look like if the relatively newly minted citizens of different races and ethnicities are allowed into the halls of govt. They might be afraid of losing their wealth, their social standing and their cultural values to rationalize their behavior.

http://www.indiawest.com/news/global...m_medium=email

Pranam
    Last edited by Believer; 27 November 2016 at 10:19 PM.

Namaste,

Time to join the Arizona senator and restore sanity/civility,

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/01/politi...ump/index.html

Pranam.

Namaste,

Sometimes the South gets to closely acquainted with certain ideas and politics.

For instance Gyobutsuji Zen Monastery is the American version of Antaiji in Japan.

Who would ever think such a place would exist in Arkansas. However it does!

Donald Trump hit a cord with certain demographics and under tones of society both North & South. I think in some ways he still does. People feel that the American dream and System has failed them and many lashed out or chose to try and upset the status quo and mix things up.

I think a great deal stay on board for these reasons but I think also at this point many are deeply remorseful for putting their vote and support behind such an ethos/man/movement.

It is complex. I personally think North America is changing drastically and this is a transitional time with all the wildness that comes with such things.

I look forward to a brighter future, with a lot more empathy, loving kindness, and meaningful engagement of our citizens in the broader society.

Namaste,

The two videos in the link, specially the second one is a window to the direction our illustrious leader is leading us into,

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/in...zes_for_r.html

Pranam.

Namaste,

Mr. Pompeo has been picked by our president to be the next secretary of state. Back in 2010, Pompeo ran for a congressional seat from Kansas. Here are his views on one of his opponents,

https://thinkprogress.org/kansas-gop...-1f9b95a09b20/

Pranam.

DJT is the long festering wound, burst open now from so much time infected.
    For ones like me...peaceful happy sorts who just hope for the best... he was a needed evil.

For I no longer tell my children of the progress made on a cold morning in November...
    When we made history.

I tell them for every three steps forward we drag half this country(kicking and screaming) ...another 1000 were made backwards.

Progress looked real from the hill, from the streets...not so much.

I tell my children that now we have a way to know who is who here.
    Knowing so many were afflicted with such racism... is valuable.

This is how I know you from another.

If you voted for a man who claims people of a certain race are "_____"
    By your silence or vote... you are now complicit.

One foot in the sand... another in the ocean... You are still wet.

The Trump Wave

Namaste,

Meet one of our new and upcoming leaders...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/24/polit...ump/index.html

Pranam.

Re: The Trump Wave

Namaste Believer

it does not really match ... but watching the video the winner song of the European Song Contest 2018 came into my mind ... both show Kali Yuga as it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84LBjXaeKk4

Pranam
    Dance with Shiva - live with Shiva - merge with Shiva

Thread Information