Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is behind Adharmic actions? Sriman Naaraayan?

Re: Who is behind Adharmic actions? Sriman Naaraayan?

Namaste Devotee ji, Yajvan ji and Anirvan ji
    Thanks for taking time to your wisdom.
    Give me a weeks time to get back on this
    Anirudh...

Namaste Yajvan ji and Devotee ji

Dvaita and Advaita philosophies differ in the way they perceive Brahman. I was meditating on the points we were discussing. Keeping the sectarian thoughts aside I wish to narrate the incident occurred today morning.

My 3 year old neighbor's son was watching cartoon show on Sri Krishna's encounter with ogress putana when I went to his house. Upon seeing the size of the demon and Bal Krishna, the Kid went screaming to his mom's lap. Obviously Kid believed that the ogress will harm his look alike (in terms of size and appearance) Sri Krishna.

My friend tried to convince the kid Putana can't harm Sri Krishna but the child wasn't ready to trust his mom. The battle between ogres and Sri Krishna was interrupted by a noodle commercial.
    The child didn't believe even though his mother was explaining him about the powers of Sri Krisna.

Finally when the show resumed the ogress was eventually killed by Nanda Gopal.

The incident forced me to think. We all believe what our knowledge/experience instructs us to believe. Had my mental maturity was that of my friends Son I too would have reacted like that child.
    But I too react like a child when I am reluctant to believe the power of Sriman Naaraayan, Isn't it?

My friend couldn't convince his son until the Kid saw it what his mom was telling him.Now inform me, How can truth join hands with falsity or influenced by untruth ? Until we don't want to see the truth, can truth be considered as untruth?

What a particular school of thought perceive as Maya is a truth for the kid in his Kids world.

But try to view from a different angle. Why should Putana try to kill Sri Krishna in first place? What is the message here? Isn't it Sambhavaami Yuge Yuge?

Entire Mahaa Bhaarata can be summed up in those two words. Even Sathyameva Jayathey is a pair of words.

Definitely there's a lesson to be learnt from that encounter and if that fight is the figment of Maya then the underlying lesson is also not a worthy thing to ponder, isn't it?

If Evilness is a part and parcel of Sriman Naaraayan, then why should HE be the Soothra Dhaari of Mahaa Bhaarat.

I won't question Shri Shankaraacharya's wisdom but he himself penned Baja Govindam. My mind counters me saying he also penned Soundarya Lahri. If he didn't see two why he penned Kanaka Dhaara or Karaavalambam?

I don't wish to make this discussion as an argument of Advaita Vs Dvaita but it's beyond me to believe that Mahaa Bharat was his pastime...
    Anirudh...

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté

My views on this matter are guided by this upaniṣad ...
    The bṛhadaraṇyaka upaniṣad - puruṣavidha-brāhmaṇa, 2nd śloka says:
    Any time there is a sense of 2, fear arises i.e. dvitiyad vai bhayam bhavati - fear is born of duality.

So, with brahman there is no 2, anywhere. But within the human condition and our 'blemished eye' as the wise say, we see 2. We see ourselves and everything else - all multiplicity outside our selves. Yet when one comes to know their essential nature once again, then the only thing that is perceived is one's SELF ( brahman) everywhere and no fear can arise i.e. fearlessness.

इतिशिवं
    iti śivaṁ

यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Namaste Yajvan ji

I respect your views but can't agree with it. I am not widely read so rely on my limited learning and experiences. I have read & heard various arguments and counter arguments on Advaita and V.advaita. The concepts like Prakruthi and Maya as explained by Advaita philosophy is like attempting to find something that never existed. This is my view after hearing many discourses.

Ideally a true pure Advaitin doesn't require religion at all. Why limit to religion, they shouldn't be bothered about anything. Because as per Advaita everything is a reflection of Maaya or the result of the three Guna(s). I might have used wrong words to define Advaita but essentially it negates two.

Let's take a simple example from a layman's vocabulary. As a V.Advaita practitioner I believe there are Good and Evil things in this world.

In many of the discussion with Advaitin I am told to understand that duality brings sorrow. In a true sense an Advaitin shouldn't even wear dress. Why? This body is an outcome of Maaya which is bound to disintegrate or mix with its origin. So why take the pain to cover it up. If I extrapolate this view, then it's a noble thing to Kill the unborn or copulation should be banned.

Please don't get offended, I am not ridiculing any of our Saints. Why take the pain to raise a Kid when it's bound to die one day or other. When we know Sex is a variant of a Guna one must refrain from why indulge in it? If an Advaitin believe that the ultimate reality is Nirguna Brahman and no difference between myself (not my body) and God (substitute with relevant noun) then that person must not do anything that negates the postulates of Advaita.

What should an Advaitin expected to do when a burglar has entered with an Evil intention? There are several questions like this which Advaita fail to explain in a way it is practicable by even a die hard Advaitin

I 'll fall back to rope and snake theory as explained by Sri Raamanuja. In the context Snake exist even though it is a rope.

I find aanother common thing in my discussions with Advaitin. At a certain point in time of the discussion its been told that a non Advaitin is stuck in the web of his own making. Honestly that's not the answer I expect to hear.

PS: I don't intend to hurt anyone's beliefs
    Anirudh...

A believer in advita or a die hard fan of is not an advitin!!! In fact nobody ever existed on the earth who was advitin! Those self realized souls like Sanakar,Ramakrishna would never claimed that they are living advitin.

Because the moment they are speaking with you,living within bodies,thinking or whatever, they are under influence of three gunas,mind,intellegince which is maya. They are bound to react acoording to the dharma of 3 gunas.

But yes the moment they deep into Nirvikalpa samadhi,the state of perfect union of 3 gunas,they are ADVITIN.When they came to conscious state,they are in dual state,under 3 gunas.

only when a self realized soul shed their mortal bodies,then can called advitin!
    Man-naathah Shri Jagan-nathah Mat-guru-shri jagad-guruhu.
    Mad-atma sarva-bhutatma tasmai Shri Gurave Namah.

My Lord is the Lord of Universe; My teacher is the teacher of the
    entire universe; and my Self is the Self of all. My salutations at the lotus-feet
    of such a Guru, who has revealed such knowledge to me.

Namaste

Thanks for the clarifications made. I used that term to refer people who follow Advaita philosophy. I assumed my usage is common. Nevertheless, my intentions aren't to play with words and miss the message.

Thanks again for sharing your views.
    Anirudh...

Thread Information