Thread: Isn't it complex?

Isn't it complex?

Namaste HDF

I was watcing (Surya Putra Karna) Shri Krishna preaching S.B.G to Arjuna yesterday. Yesterday's episode was on Right understanding. It touched what constitute a life and so on. The team has done a better job in comparison to the Maha Bharat telecasted in 2014. Or I know little more than what I knew then.

Same epic. But interpreted with a slight variation (not just the S.B .G alone, the entire narration of Mahaa Bhaarat)

I liked both version but my fried Mr Mind has the ability to compare and reject that doesn't suit his beliefs. Maybe due to my attachment to a particular school of thought. Shri Krishna advices us to renounce the attachment as it will lead to Ahankaara or Sorrow or both depending on the outcome of our believes.

I moved to another plane of thought and asked myself... What is complete knowledge? Is there a UNIFIED UNIFORM system to certify that one has gained complete Knowledge. NONE. We are all half baked cookies, degrees will be different. But we are still half baked creating more confusion to the self and people around. Worst part is there are many paths that certify its completion but differ with its counterparts.

What if we stop thinking all of this and get going with our routine life ie making the ends meet? It's a easier path but aren't we suppose to evolve out of this mundaneness? No end to Knowledge. No system to certify its completion Acquisition knowledge leads to further quest or arrogance or both...Rejecting doesn't fix the problems. Isn't becoming very complex?

I am not looking out for answers because that would become fodder to my arrogance or ignorance. All I ask, have you ever thought in these lines.And if you have Share your experiences

Thanks.....
    Anirudh...

Re: Isn't it complex?

Namaste Anirudh,

Yes, all scriptures talk about the Knowledge which would set us free. What is that knowledge ? Lord Krishna instructs in Bhagwad Gita :

"You learn that JnAna (knowledge) from the accomplished Jnanis (who know). By approaching respectfully and asking humbly, they would impart you that Knowledge". Then again, "By knowing which there is nothing worth knowing left in this universe", "There is nothing which purifies better than JnAna" etc.

Upanishads tell us, "When this Knowledge is attained, there is no doubt left because all differences between the Knower, the Knowledge and the knowable vanish".

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

3. Re: Isn't it complex?

MANUH: Lord of Thoughts, one of the 1000 names that may remind us where Right Knowledge is from.

17. "The Light even of lights, That is said to be beyond darkness. Knowledge, the Knowable, the Goal of Knowledge, is implanted in the heart of everyone." Dis. 13 bgita
    "Abandoning all righteous deeds, seek Me as thy sole Refuge: I will liberate thee from all sins: do thou not grieve."

The Bhagavad Gita, 66, Dis.XVIII (1901, Mysore, second edition)

Thread Information