Thread: Is Hanuman indelibly linked with Ram in practice ?

Is Hanuman indelibly linked with Ram in practice ?

I apologize in advance if my English is not good enough.

I am a devotee of Bajrang Bali Hanuman for some month. I enjoy to worship him.

I made an altar with pictures and statuettes and i worship him every day.

Problem is : i'm touched by hanuman's qualities : bravery, strengh ability, humility, intelligence, knowledge, purety of heart etc.

But Ram as virtuous human doesn't touch me so much.

Knowing that hanuman himself is a great devotee of Ram. Do i have to worship ram too, with surely less spirit ?
    Last edited by Bakta; 21 May 2016 at 03:09 AM.
    जै जै जै हनुमान गोसाई

2. Re: Is Hanuman indelibly linked with Ram in practice ?

Namste Baka,

I do suggest you pray to Sri Ram ji as superior to Sri Hanuman ji, because Sri Hanuman ji himself admits that he is only a follower of Sri Ram ji as a Vaishnav. All Vaishnavs regard Sri Vishnu and his avatars as supreme to everything in this world. I in no ways am trying to hurt your sentiments, but I am sure Sri Hanuman ji would agree with this considering he infact is a Vaishnav. All the powers Sri Hanuman ji has is due to his lord Sri Ram ji. If you are worshiping Sri Hanuman ji and do not realize what Sri Hanuman ji is trying to tell us all (which is, to worship Sri Ram ji) as a Vaishnav, then you will sooner or later realize this. I ask for forgiveness if I have hurt any sentiments. Pranam

Re: Is Hanuman indelibly linked with Ram in practice ?

Namaste Bhakta

I am touched by your question. Even though for me everything start and ends with Shree Raama Chandra Prabhu, I request you to pray to Shree Hanuman until you aren't attracted by Shree Raama Chandra Prabhu. Prabhu Shree Raam will bless you.
    Anirudh...

4. Re: Is Hanuman indelibly linked with Ram in practice ?

As Rama is the guru of Hanuman, you can also pray Rama.

Quote Originally Posted by chakreshvari View Post

I do suggest you pray to Sri Ram ji as superior to Sri Hanuman ji, because Sri Hanuman ji himself admits that he is only a follower of Sri Ram ji as a Vaishnav. All Vaishnavs regard Sri Vishnu and his avatars as supreme to everything in this world. I ask for forgiveness if I have hurt any sentiments. Pranam
    I understand what you try to tell me. And in fact, right now, i am worshiping Sri Ram as well as Sri Hanumanji, but with less enthousiasm, devotion and bursts of adoration. I don't know how else to do I can't feel on command.
    I ask for forgiveness if I have hurt any sentiments
    No problem ! Thankyou for your kindly answer.
    जै जै जै हनुमान गोसाई

Thankyou
    जै जै जै हनुमान गोसाई

Namaste,

I am also in similar boat as you. You can definitely worship Hanumaan alone. In fact in my neighbourhood, there are two temples/shrines of Hanumaan. Both without associated murtis of Raam-Sitaa. God takes many forms as part of his leelaa, some times more than one form at same time. These forms relate to each other in many ways husband-wife, master-servant etc. You can focus on any form without focusing on its associated relationships. You can worship Shiva without Paarvati. Laxmi without Vishnu. Krishna without Raadha. Hanumaan without Raam.

श्री बजरंगबलीकी जय! जय शिवशंभो!

Hari Om!

Sri Hanuman blesses me daily and is my Ishta. I pray to Him and Guru only. Bhav has grown for both to astounding levels as a result. I wish you the same.

Om

Thread Information