Thread: Ishta devata Please help

Ishta devata Please help

Namaste everyone,
    I was born on June 13 1986 9.05am Secunderabad India. From childhood I had this deep sense of insecurity, antagonistic relation with my father and I was extremely sensitive and always in fear of attempting things. Even though I used to top my exams I still felt not good enough and always felt inferior to others. Now I am in a medical field where confidence is what is needed. I just fear talking the first step and that is delaying a lot of things in my life.
    A famous sanjay raths devotee told me my chart is free of doshas but how is it possible. I am living every second unhappy discontent with everything in life. my question is Mars is my atmakaraka in the 6th house and Sun my amatya karaka in 11th house. Should I worship Kartikeya or Should i worship Rudra to gain my confidence? What is the importance of Mars in my life. Everyone tells me Sun is my ishta but I am drawn to warrior Gods like Kartikeya or Narasimha or Rudra? Who is that God who can give me the peace and sense of worth and give me the power to make the first move instead of stepping back at every instance in life, Please help.

Yours sincerely

Re: Ishta devata Please help

Namaste,

This is not what you asked for, but here it is....

Worship whichever deity form attracts you the most on a regular basis. Ultimately you will be worshiping the Divine through one of His many forms.

Push yourself to go out of your way to introduce yourself and talk to people that you come in contact with. In India the doctors are very stand-offish and do the minimum talking with their patients. If you are actually seeing patients on a daily basis, greet them as you enter the room, listen to them with empathy and respect, say things like 'I will take care of your problems' to reassure them that you are attentive to their pain and suffering. Step out of your shell, show human values and connect with those you come in contact with. Forget about the hocus-pocus of what stars you were born under. No one rules you except yourself. Become the master of your destiny and unlock the potential waiting beneath your mask.

Briefly, worship whoever you are attracted to, promise yourself to talk to 2 new people every day, talk to your patients. Let those who live in the 6th or 11th or 13th house live in peace. You should reshape your own destiny by shedding the negativity of your past and stepping out to take charge of your life. Go for it.

Pranam.

Namaste Raghu29,

Believer gave you a very good advice. Your feeling of attraction for certain deities is your instinct telling you who's the one you should worship. Note that this can change as you change and grow as a person. At different periods in your life you will have different needs, therefore your ishta devata might also change. And also my perspective on horoscope is that it shows us who we are in essence, but not everyone are born with certain qualities that their astrological sign represents. Some just have to get there through their life experiences, overcoming obstacles and such. For example, my astrological sign is Sagittarius, and is known for their courage and love for adventures. I'm actually lacking self-confidence and courage, but this is something I can gain from deciding to be brave and go on an adventure. Your horoscope is like a hidden potential within you that is going to be expressed in this life. Try not to worry about it so much and just do what you gotta do at this point to make your goals come true.

Blessings!

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Regarding iṣṭa-devatā – perhaps you can look at these posts( shown below) and they will assist you in your opinion.
    The approach (for calculating) is clearly called out in the jyotiśhāstra-s ; I can think of 2 luminaries that have these calculations in their work¹.

http://hindudharmaforums.com/showthr...adevata-Part-1
    http://hindudharmaforums.com/showthr...adevata-Part-2
    http://hindudharmaforums.com/showthr...ighlight=Ishta

iti śivaṁ
    words

• luminaries that offer calculations for one's iṣṭa-devatā :
      • mahāṛṣi (mahārishi) parāśara , the author of the brihat-parāśara-horā-śāstra
      • mahāṛṣi (mahārishi) jaimini offering his jaimini sūtra-s. Jaimini was a student (śiṣya) of veda vyāsa , the one who compiled the veda-s; also known as kṛṣṇa dvaipāyana.

यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Thread Information