Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nrusimha and Hanuman - the foremost deities sought after for pariharas

Nrusimha and Hanuman - the foremost deities sought after for pariharas

Namaste,

When calamity strikes a Vaishnava, he or she is told to immediately go to Sri Lakshmi Narasimha or Sri Hanuman -- for remedy.

He or she is told to consistently invoke the blessings of the aforementioned deities using their most powerful mantras.

But never he or she is told to seek Sri Ram or Sri Krishna or any other incarnation from a remedial point of view.

Why this discrimination?

Are Sri Nrusimha and Sri Hanuman more powerful than other incarnations of the Lord to offer quick remedy?

Or it is just my perception?

Thanks,

Viraja
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Re: Nrusimha and Hanuman - the foremost deities sought after for pariharas

Haribol,

Namaste, dear Viraja ji

Wonderful question . . . it is the kind that is very pleasant to consider, as it has so many good aspects.

For me, personally, protection from the divine has always been one of the most interesting, and absorbing aspects of the path. To keep safe in the world is a very important thing ( It does not always mean avoiding danger - in fact, the opposite seems to be a curious aspect of it - many times, does it not - seem to disappear when we face it? . . . . I will refrain from going off into tangents of this, of which there are many! )

Some of keeping safe has to do with mindfully navigating -- some of it has to do with the way we walk - and this type of thing. . . Then there is the aspect of protection from Hanuman, Nrsimha, or Krsna, etc. . .

So this was of main interest to me . . . about 10 years ago (seems many lifetimes) I remember reading Mirra Alfassa (referred to as The Mother by Sri Aurobindo), write "When one is in the divine state of consciousness, one cannot be harmed - not even physically." And so I meditated upon this, for quite a few periods of time.

So I just mean to say, that from my perspective, most of my effort direct toward this was on understanding this idea. . . . and, as I came to have a little understanding of it as true - then to deepen my faith that it was........ as, it seems that to understand one of these miracles, goes a long way towards understanding overall.

Please forgive if this has been too wordy of an effort - my main point was just that for me, it has been mostly about understanding this, and as I began to, deepening my faith. . .

Pranam,
    Jaya Govind, Jaya Gopal

Namaste

Can you tell us the source of this information?

Quote Originally Posted by Viraja View Post
    Namaste,

When calamity strikes a Vaishnava, he or she is told to immediately go to Sri Lakshmi Narasimha or Sri Hanuman -- for remedy.

He or she is told to consistently invoke the blessings of the aforementioned deities using their most powerful mantras.

But never he or she is told to seek Sri Ram or Sri Krishna or any other incarnation from a remedial point of view.

Why this discrimination?

Are Sri Nrusimha and Sri Hanuman more powerful than other incarnations of the Lord to offer quick remedy?

Or it is just my perception?

Thanks,

Viraja
    Anirudh...

It is from MY PERCEPTION.

I have consistently read pariharas by various South Indian jyotishis, especially Sri AMR (AM. RAJAGOPALAN). When calamity hits a Vaishnava, they all advise that the quickest root for alleviating the suffering is invoking Nrusimha or Hanuman. Sometimes, they give out Sri Rama temple (thiruppullaboothangudi) or Santhana Gopala Mantra (Sri Krishna) for getting children. But 99% of cases involving mental or physical chronic disease/illness, court case, debts, job loss, even marital problems, people are told to go to Nrusimha or Hanuman immediately.

Even I spoke to Sri Velukkudi Krishnan Swami recently and asked him a remedy for my nephew's severe mental illness. He immediately told me to visit a popular Lakshmi narasimha Swami temple followed by a Hanuman temple.

Although I love Nrusimha equally, my ishta devata is Sri Rama and i wonder why he is not referenced often for remedy. i even wonder if there are sastric pariharas and mantras dedicated to Rama chandra.

DO YOU KNOW WHY?

Namaste

Aha, after more meditation on it, I came to a thought - though some or many have said like this, to seek Nrsimha or Hanuman (and, such advice could certainly never be considered wrong), it occurs to me also. . . . for one to ask, Krsna or Rama, please heal my nephew. . . this would also never be wrong... right?

So if neither could be wrong. . . both could be alright.

And - it makes sense that when one is asking Nrsimha one is also asking Krsna, as they are one. . .

As for the original question; one thing which occurs to me is i have heard it said, Krsna is always ready with the Sudarshana Chakra to protect his devotee..

Just some thoughts... many good wishes,
    Pranam

Namaste

Different astrologers advice different ways. So I have no idea from the astrological point of view.

However it's believed that Shree Hanuman has been bestowed with immense strength and he stayed back only to serve devotees of Sriman Naaraayan. The last sargas of uttara Kaanda says that. There's is another twist. ie not all believe Uttara Kaanda and Baala Kaanda is a part of Original Vaalmiki Raamaayan. I had checked with my Acharya ji. He is OK with Baala Kaanda but not with Uttara Kaanda.

Regarding Narsimha it's believed that he is there to help his devotees without any delay. You may also know that it's very difficult to convince Sriman Naaraayan and hence Sri Raamaanuja Acharya believed that Sri Lakshmi is always present with persuade him just like a mother would do to her children when they are suppose to face the wrath of father.

But the purpose of Shri Narsimha Avtaar is to help the child who was tortured by his own father. So Sri Narsimha is there to help his devotees just like a parent to the children. ie very quick... no cross checking of Karma etc. But again I wonder why would Shree Raama Chandra Prabhu wont treat me as his child?

There are some excellent upanyaasams by Chinna Jeeyar(Telugu and English) and another young Sri Vaishnava (forgot his name). All your questions will be answered if you periodically listen to them.

Sri Velukudi Krishnan swami ji has given good lectures on all of the Divya Dreams. You can find answers their as well because there are nine Thirupathi in south (part of Divya Desams) representing each planet. All belong to Sriman Naaraayan explaining the fact he controls all devatas all planets all worlds.
    Hope I answered you
    Anirudh...

duplicate post
    Anirudh...

Thank you, Anirudh ji.

I believe that deities are different in their potential and quickness in response, between the ugra form and blissful (shantha) form. The more fierce Narasimha Deva got to be, more sincere and/or powerful prayers emerged which could be a reason why they are considered more apt for remedial situations.

I was more curious to know of powerful remedies and mantras that could be invoked for Sri Ramachandra, it helps since he is my ishta for quite some time now.

I will listen to the recordings of VKS and Chinna Jeeyar Swamiji for clarification. And oh yes, I remember, VKs actually said, "there is no tomorrow for Narasimha". Thank you!

Thank you for your kind reply.

Exclamation Re: Nrusimha and Hanuman - the foremost deities sought after for pariharas

situations.

I was more curious to know of powerful remedies and mantras that could be invoked for Sri Ramachandra, it helps since he is my ishta for quite some time now.
    Namaste

Three words will do wonders. Sri Raama Jayam or Jai Sri Raam (Sanskrit)

Another way is to cast it on on Raama's arrow is as It's zillion e↑ (zillion) times powerful than any other remedy.

I think sarga 38 of Sundara Kaanda of srimad Vaalmiki Raamaayan explains the power of the grass dispelled by Sri Raama Chandra Prabhu. Thats why our elders preach us to cast our requests/suffering/dharmic desires on Raama Baan(am).

If you allow me may I suggest you to explore the answers within than seeking out to different Mantra(s) or Swamijis. Keep one thing etched into your mind. You have carved your present and ways to change it lies within. Our scriptures say Sriman Naaraayan reside and love everyone in the same way including the wrong doers. What we consider as tough time is the result and effect of our ignorance to act on the lead given to us by him. Even during the ongoing tough times he presents us opportunities to come out of it. We (world we live) are bound together because we have wanted it to be that way. If we have to part ways that's also our wish. When you carry out an action cross check if that's what you would want to happen to yourself if you have to face the same situation. Two things will happen during such analysis. 1. You 'll start doing the right thing at right time 2. You 'll be able to control your senses from doing wrong things.

Bottom line of B.G is to do Tue right things at right time. How will you identify the right things and right time? Cast your doubts on him or his arrow. I Can tell something from my experience. I underwent something that anyone of my age wouldn't wish to. I was on the Que with a perplexed mind. Name of the next person behind me in the Que was Narsimha Rao. On an another occasion when I had to face the decisive battle of my life, met a person named Keshava Moorthy. Then onwards realized he was following me always. I shared that info only as an example. Back to the main part...

There will be a learning curve. Don't worry if you don't live up to your own standards. Start over again and again from where you fell. When you can implement this in your actions you 'll be happy from within.The world you live will be full of opportunities and you won't need any Mantras because you have made Sriman Naaraayan as the Saarathi of your vehicle.

Jai Sree Raam.....

Thank you, Anirudh ji.

I believe that deities are different in their potential and quickness in response, between the ugra form and blissful (shantha) form. The more fierce Narasimha Deva got to be, more sincere and/or powerful prayers emerged which could be a reason why they are considered more apt for remedial situations.

I will listen to the recordings of VKS and Chinna Jeeyar Swamiji for clarification. And oh yes, I remember, VKs actually said, "there is no tomorrow for Narasimha". Thank you!

Thank you for your kind reply.
    Anirudh...

Namaste...

I don't know anything for a fact, but what I feel is this... I don't think it's a matter of being more or less powerful, but rather, calling on their attributes. I see Lord Narasimha as a great protector of his devotees. I think the biggest lesson in the story of Prahlada and Hiranyakashipu is that God will always protect. The reason for calling on Lord Hanuman, I'd say is because he is clever and resourceful, good at solving problems that seem insurmount(ain)able. A little play on words there with the mountain.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Thread Information